Canadian Emira preorders build, delivery dates, & updates thread

I thought I would start a thread just for us Canuck forum members so that we can also feel cool. 😎

This afternoon I received the following email from my local Calgary dealer. Overall, it's the same core message as the other Lotus emails that have been doing the rounds lately, but it's nice to see this one was written in the dealership's own words, and includes special mention about demo cars and test drives, "hopefully before the snow flies". Also, in my opinion this email seems to be less mealy-mouthed overall than the one from Lotus, for whatever that's worth...

In any case, it's at least exciting to have the arrival of demo cars & test drives to look forward to this fall! Heck, even seeing an Emira in the flesh finally would be awesome, as I don't even think any Canadian dealers have been paid a visit from the Shadow Grey prototype yet?

photo_2022-08-11_13-21-12.jpg

OP
eriegz

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Additionnal allocations for 2023 does not mean additional FE allocation

the initial 700 FE allocations are only for the V6 as well.
Oop, thanks, I misread that the first time. 👍

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
That email i was sent is called:

Breadcrumbing

It's what you do in 2021+ dating scene to keep people interested but forever on the backburner.

"Man that chick just called me, yeah that hot one." "No, we have not hung out in the past four months, but she did call. I hope we can spend some time soon."

**Crickets Chirping**

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Many thanks for your post. My sales rep also told me that there will be a test drive in September(V6 AUTO). I think LOTUS starts a global campaign to reduce our anxiety of waiting. :geek:

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Many thanks for your post. My sales rep also told me that there will be a test drive in September(V6 AUTO). I think LOTUS starts a global campaign to reduce our anxiety of waiting. :geek:
V6 auto test drive, I'd be so mad lol

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sorry my bad , I have received the generic updates. Not the latest one you have recently gotten. I did reach out some 8 months ago and Lotus has confirmed I’m in their system but can’t tell me where I stand in order at the specific dealer. I just looked it up, Tammy from Lotus is who has confirmed they have me in the system. Oakville won’t tell me where I am on the list, they just said in June to me, you should get a car next year.
I still find it odd that Oakville won't tell you where you are on the list. Especially as an early depositor!

When I put my deposit in with Gentry (September 2021) they immediately told me (verbally) that I was #54. From my experience, Gentry is reluctant to provide any details in their email responses. I've always had better luck getting information from them over the phone.

I'm sure you have done this already, but... have you checked your junk mail for yesterday's Lotus USA email? (Just in case?)

themeatbaron

Reaction score
I still find it odd that Oakville won't tell you where you are on the list. Especially as an early depositor!

When I put my deposit in with Gentry (September 2021) they immediately told me (verbally) that I was #54. From my experience, Gentry is reluctant to provide any details in their email responses. I've always had better luck getting information from them over the phone.

I'm sure you have done this already, but... have you checked your junk mail for yesterday's Lotus USA email? (Just in case?)
I still don't get much info from them over the phone. I checked junk mail, still have nothing. Maybe I'll email Tammy again and make sure I still have a deposit with Lotus. At least I have this place to get a pulse on things.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ah ok, that makes sense. Well, so much for my theory then... 😄

Also, that ratio of 20 FE allocations to 150 deposits — or call it 13% — sounded surprisingly low at first, but comparing it to the Calgary dealership, I guess that's about right. Back in November of last year I was told that I was # 7 in line, and that there was around 50 deposits at that time, so that's about the same ratio (14%). I'm not sure how many FEs Calgary is getting, though...

But speaking of the 700 FEs, did you see this tidbit from GatorMotorsport's update?

"Lotus originally planned to produce 700 cars for North America in 2022 and approximately 1,300 cars in 2023. North America has since been allocated a higher volume for 2023, which Lotus has stated will be a minimum of 1,900 cars. We do not have a breakdown of how many of these cars will be allocated to the United States versus other territories."

So I wonder if that opens up some Emira depositors to getting an FE after all?
The funny part - is they reduced our allocations by 100 cars .... Even worse :LOL:

OP
eriegz

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
it was suppose to be 700 F/E in 2022 and 1300 in 2023 = 2000 units.... Now it's 1,900 units in 2023... 100 less.
No, they're saying that Lotus is aiming to allocate more cars for the North American market in the year 2023, not by the year 2023. So the new total will be 700 (produced in 2022) + 1,900 (produced in 2023) = 2,600 cars produced by the end of 2023.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
No, they're saying that Lotus is aiming to allocate more cars for the North American market in the year 2023, not by the year 2023. So the new total will be 700 (produced in 2022) + 1,900 (produced in 2023) = 2,600 cars produced by the end of 2023.

But production for NA doesn't start until Jan. '23 and all will be MY '24.

OP
eriegz

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
But production for NA doesn't start until Jan. '23 and all will be MY '24.
Ah, right... So basically they're saying that allocations for 2023 have been increased in order to compensate for no allocations in 2022. And as @Lotustoronto points out, the new total even after the increase is lower than what was planned for both years originally.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, right... So basically they're saying that allocations for 2023 have been increased in order to compensate for no allocations in 2022. And as @Lotustoronto points out, the new total even after the increase is lower than what was planned for both years originally.

Sounds that way. Who knows what we'll hear next! I'm just really hoping this is it for FE delays and we actually get our cars Spring '23.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

I also have a deposit placed with Gentry. My deposit and work order is dated July 26, 2021. I’m # 39 on Gentry’s list. I initially tried to place a deposit with Lotus of Oakville but they were not the easiest to work with so I went to Gentry and they have been very professional. It seems still so far off from receiving a car but I guess as they say “good things come to those who wait”. As a backup I have 2 deposits on 2 Corvette C8 models in case things don’t work out with Lotus. My C8 number has come up twice but I’ve passed on them so far as I prefer the Emira. Looking forward to the big day when ever it comes. Good luck to all!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Anyone hear any new info from either Gentry or Oakville? Seems GTA guys are getting very little info.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone hear any new info from either Gentry or Oakville? Seems GTA guys are getting very little info.
My deposit is with Gentry. I haven’t heard from either of my contacts (John/Paul) with any updates. My last update was from Lotus itself on August 11th regarding production delays and that North American builds won’t happen until January 2023 with the first deliveries targeted for March 2023.

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My deposit is with Gentry. I haven’t heard from either of my contacts (John/Paul) with any updates. My last update was from Lotus itself on August 11th regarding production delays and that North American builds won’t happen until January 2023 with the first deliveries targeted for March 2023.
I'm in the same boat... Any communication from Gentry has been initiated by myself. Any email responses have been extremely vague. You can typically get more out of them with a telephone discussion (but nothing concrete). Don't get me wrong, John and Paul seem very nice to deal with, but either they have not been provided with any information, or they choose not to communicate with their clients (either way, it is disheartening). I get more out of these forums than I do with them, so I stopped contacting them (for the time being).

So, it appears that anyone ordering from the GTA will need to rely on these forums for any real updates. I fear that we will need to monitor these forums for when demos are planned to reach NA, as I don't trust that they will let us know when they get one. :(

old dusty

Reaction score
My experience with Gentry has been the same as @Emira2222 and @Captain.Kirk - basically no information initiated by Gentry. A couple times over the last year I have shared information from this forum with them and got a response but that's about it. Besides telling me I won't get a FE I have not got any information.
Assuming they get a demo car before the snow flies I only hope that they stage driving/test drives at a remote location. Don't think we will learn much about the car in the gridlock and potholed roads around their dealership.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My experience with Gentry has been the same as @Emira2222 and @Captain.Kirk - basically no information initiated by Gentry. A couple times over the last year I have shared information from this forum with them and got a response but that's about it. Besides telling me I won't get a FE I have not got any information.
Assuming they get a demo car before the snow flies I only hope that they stage driving/test drives at a remote location. Don't think we will learn much about the car in the gridlock and potholed roads around their dealership.
It would be nice if they did a weekend test drive event for a couple days for all GTA deposit holders... Organized by Lotus USA... Wait... I said organize and Lotus USA in the same sentence. I don't think those two things go together, looks like pothole test drives for Gentry. If they call deposit holders to set up a test drive.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It seems patience is a virtue in the world of Emira. Still looking forward to my yellow and black Emira but in the meantime I’ll have to be content to use my existing items which are in the same colour scheme. My power tools are by Dewalt (Y&B) and my snowblower is a Cub Cadet, also Y&B. It seems certain I will be driving my Cub Cadet before the Emira. At least the next few months or maybe a year (hope not!) will let my investments start to recover from their losses.