U.S. Update: Allocation & Order Date

4thedrivers

Reaction score
Dropped this little bombshell in my email box today, as well. So if all goes as planned, (wink, wink) I might see a delivery 1 year post deposit. Not holding my breath to hear from LNJ regarding the "exclusive Emira driving experience" ahead of receiving my vehicle.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I also got the same email from Lotuscars.com, which is Lotus Cars USA, with my personalized reference number. It's a lovely number. So there's that.

Edit: I missed the cut-off for first edition and my dealer indicates that I'm likely near the front for Base V6 orders, so it looks like Jan/Feb 2023 for orders, and June/July for production, and I guess Aug/Sep/Oct for delivery in the US?

So about 12 months from now. My wife thinks this is very funny.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am in the V6 FE camp and also received an email update from Lotus USA.

I appreciate their communication and looking forward to a test drive. Thank you, Lotus.

They say a fleet of Emira’s is arriving this summer to North America… well it’s August now. What is their definition of summer?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
My email came direct from Lotus of US and then I got a call from the GM at my dealer soon after. He gave me some details from the dealer zoom call yesterday and told me the updates. Also voiced his frustration with Lotus and their comms and lack of engagement with their paying customers. I mentioned how I have friends ordering Porsche cars and how they're getting pics from the factory and diecast cars being sent as a thank you for sticking with them during these delays and Lotus gives us nothing at all - Not even proper updates. He's said the same thing direct to Lotus about how they need to get better with this to keep loyal customers. Glad someone is speaking up for us.

Last edited:

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I got the email direct from Lotus, nothing from dealer (yet). I am still waiting to hear back about my attempt at a color change (from Lotus).

Funny also that it references the Matt Windle video, yet they never sent it out to US customers, so many who are not on the forums probably had no clue about it.

Better than nothing; looking forward to a test drive, though I have to drive over 4 hours to get to the dealer, and it will be probably late Fall and cold by the time it happens!

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I got the email directly from Lotus too. No contact from dealer yet, but we agreed that I would call twice a year. I am looking forward to my Ferris Bueller test drive.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Was everyone's email from the dealer or Lotus USA?
I received an email from my dealer with a copy of the letter from Lotus USA and the time table for production, but nothing officially from Lotus with my Approved Customer Submission ID #.

View attachment 8066
View attachment 8067
I haven't received anything. I just emailed my salesman to inquire about it.

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
am an April confirmation for final config on the FE but no email from Lotus today

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am in the V6 FE camp and also received an email update from Lotus USA.

I appreciate their communication and looking forward to a test drive. Thank you, Lotus.

They say a fleet of Emira’s is arriving this summer to North America… well it’s August now. What is their definition of summer?

The latest info I saw said Fall not Summer. Prior to this week's delays, the organisers of LOG41 in September had said they would have a fleet of Emira demo cars for test drives. Lotus may still be trying to hit that deadline, as it's a high profile showcase and commitment already made. I know LHD dealer cars have been built a few weeks ago, so they may be able to get them shipped and clear customs in time. But we're waiting for LOG and Lotus Cars USA to confirm.

Wouldn't it be typical bad timing for the US demo cars to arrive just as the weather in some states gets colder and wetter. And for Lotus to provide them all as Sports + Cup2s :)

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The latest info I saw said Fall not Summer. Prior to this week's delays, the organisers of LOG41 in September had said they would have a fleet of Emira demo cars for test drives. Lotus may still be trying to hit that deadline, as it's a high profile showcase and commitment already made. I know LHD dealer cars have been built a few weeks ago, so they may be able to get them shipped and clear customs in time. But we're waiting for LOG and Lotus Cars USA to confirm.

Wouldn't it be typical bad timing for the US demo cars to arrive just as the weather in some states gets colder and wetter. And for Lotus to provide them all as Sports + Cup2s :)
Thanks. Quote from the email…

In the meantime we will have a special promotional fleet of Emira’s that will be arriving in the US this Summer and have committed to visit every dealer across North America for dynamic drive events.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks. Quote from the email…

In the meantime we will have a special promotional fleet of Emira’s that will be arriving in the US this Summer and have committed to visit every dealer across North America for dynamic drive events.
Thanks. The post from Gator yesterday of their email to customers was my source for it being Fall but yours is from the Lotus Cars USA one. Good too that it commits to the demo cars visiting every NA dealer - that's new info.

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I believe the FE orders are in, and locked, so those are no longer refundable...
Dealers have different policies. I also only had to put a single, $2500 deposit for my FE. In addition, my dealer stated that I have a 48-hour period from when the car is actually delivered to the dealership in order to decide on whether I want it or not, and get a refund if not.

Cory

Reaction score
That is pretty awesome of them, but also, it is not like they are taking a big risk by having a car I am sure they can still sell for a tidy profit.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Dealers have different policies. I also only had to put a single, $2500 deposit for my FE. In addition, my dealer stated that I have a 48-hour period from when the car is actually delivered to the dealership in order to decide on whether I want it or not, and get a refund if not.

Really... If memory serves me correctly, the first $2500 is supposed to be sent to Lotus, and the second $2500 is required at time of order and that becomes non-refundable. I understand some dealers have requested more, up to $15k I've heard. I guess it does depend - some dealers may not really care since they'll be able to reassign the car to a long list of eager buyers.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Really... If memory serves me correctly, the first $2500 is supposed to be sent to Lotus, and the second $2500 is required at time of order and that becomes non-refundable. I understand some dealers have requested more, up to $15k I've heard. I guess it does depend - some dealers may not really care since they'll be able to reassign the car to a long list of eager buyers.
Depends on your state’s dealer laws and the dealer’s policies.

In California mine is $2500 deposit, refundable up until purchase of car, no additional deposit necessary after I placed my configuration order in April.

I.am.Duke

Reaction score
Anyone heard from Naples Motorsports? I assume they are continuing with their embargo on all customer communication?

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Anyone heard from Naples Motorsports? I assume they are continuing with their embargo on all customer communication?
I got an email from them yesterday telling me my formerly November build is now scheduled for March along with my order ID #. I suggest reaching out to your sales guy in case you slipped through the cracks.