U.S. Update: Allocation & Order Date

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good afternoon,

Yesterday we had a meeting with Lotus Cars USA to discuss important updates on Emira production. It may come as no surprise, but similar to many other manufacturers in the automotive industry, the factory in Hethel has not been immune to macro-economic pressures and the supply chain issues of today. Notwithstanding, Lotus Cars US/UK has made it clear that they intend to stay true to previously announced pricing and will maintain original timelines as closely as possible. With supply chain issues beginning to improve, the impact has been made clear, and we are confident that the revised production plan will be achieved. In the spirit of complete transparency, we have detailed all of the information discussed in yesterday's meeting below:

Emira production for all markets has been delayed by approximately 3-4 months, with production for North America beginning January of 2023. Production in the 1st quarter of 2023 will be heavily weighted for cars in the North American market.

Lotus originally planned to produce 700 cars for North America in 2022 and approximately 1,300 cars in 2023. North America has since been allocated a higher volume for 2023, which Lotus has stated will be a minimum of 1,900 cars. We do not have a breakdown of how many of these cars will be allocated to the United States versus other territories.

All cars produced in 2023 will be model year 2024.

Full details on 'Base' V6 Emira including pricing, additional paint colors, options, an updated configurator, & dealer allocation numbers are to be released mid-to-late Fall 2022.

** 10 Emira promotional cars are on the way from the U.K. and will be touring the United States this Fall. These cars will provide an opportunity for deposit holders & interested customers to test drive the Emira! Once we have confirmed dates for the tour, we will invite all of our deposit holders to schedule an appointment to spend individual time with the Emira. **

Revised Production of First Edition V6:

• January 2023 - Start of FE V6 Production
  • March 2023 - Start of FE V6 Customer Deliveries
  • Order/Production schedule as follows:

Updated Schedule for Base V6:
  • June 2023 - Start of Base V6 Production
  • August 2023 - Start of Base V6 Customer Deliveries

Production Schedule for First Edition AMG I4:
  • October 2023 - Start of FE AMG I4 Production
  • December 2023 - Start of FE AMG I4 Customer Deliveries

If you have questions about the status of your order, your place in the order queue, or need further clarification about any of the information provided above, please do not hesitate to contact me. As there are many of you to communicate with, phone calls are preferred and my direct line is (317) 245-6312.

We will continue to keep you updated during the coming months as more information is shared with us. Thank you again for the opportunity to serve your Lotus needs!

Kind regards,

Tony Pechiney
INDY LOTUS
GATOR MOTORSPORT

3353 W 96th St.
Indianapolis, IN 46268
Office: 855.428.6767
Direct: 317.245.6312
Email: [email protected]

GATORMOTORSPORT.COM

https://www.facebook.com/Gator-Motorsport-456837284410972/ https://www.instagram.com/gatormotorsport/

CLICK HERE TO TAKE A VIRTUAL TOUR!
Thank you Gator Motorsports!

Very good dealership to deal with. Purchased a used 08 Elise SC from them.

OP
G

Guest142

Good afternoon,

Yesterday we had a meeting with Lotus Cars USA to discuss important updates on Emira production. It may come as no surprise, but similar to many other manufacturers in the automotive industry, the factory in Hethel has not been immune to macro-economic pressures and the supply chain issues of today. Notwithstanding, Lotus Cars US/UK has made it clear that they intend to stay true to previously announced pricing and will maintain original timelines as closely as possible. With supply chain issues beginning to improve, the impact has been made clear, and we are confident that the revised production plan will be achieved. In the spirit of complete transparency, we have detailed all of the information discussed in yesterday's meeting below:

Emira production for all markets has been delayed by approximately 3-4 months, with production for North America beginning January of 2023. Production in the 1st quarter of 2023 will be heavily weighted for cars in the North American market.

Lotus originally planned to produce 700 cars for North America in 2022 and approximately 1,300 cars in 2023. North America has since been allocated a higher volume for 2023, which Lotus has stated will be a minimum of 1,900 cars. We do not have a breakdown of how many of these cars will be allocated to the United States versus other territories.

Full details on 'Base' V6 Emira including pricing, additional paint colors, options, an updated configurator, & dealer allocation numbers are to be released mid-to-late Fall 2022.

** 10 Emira promotional cars are on the way from the U.K. and will be touring the United States this Fall. These cars will provide an opportunity for deposit holders & interested customers to test drive the Emira! Once we have confirmed dates for the tour, we will invite all of our deposit holders to schedule an appointment to spend individual time with the Emira. **

If you have questions about the status of your order, your place in the order queue, or need further clarification about any of the information provided above, please do not hesitate to contact me. As there are many of you to communicate with, phone calls are preferred and my direct line is (317) 245-6312.

We will continue to keep you updated during the coming months as more information is shared with us. Thank you again for the opportunity to serve your Lotus needs!

Kind regards,

Tony Pechiney
INDY LOTUS
GATOR MOTORSPORT

3353 W 96th St.
Indianapolis, IN 46268

GATORMOTORSPORT.COM

https://www.facebook.com/Gator-Motorsport-456837284410972/ https://www.instagram.com/gatormotorsport/

Thank you Tony. I greatly appreciate it. Looking forward to taking delivery in March '23. I know it will have been worth the wait.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thank you Tony and @GatorMotorsport for sharing this information. Whilst the delays are disappointing, I hope this gives people more clarity and helps them with planning and decision-making.

The upcoming arrival of some demo cars is good news. Have you heard if these will still be arriving in time for LOG41 in September as previously publicised by the organisers?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good afternoon,

Kind regards,

Tony Pechiney
INDY LOTUS
GATOR MOTORSPORT

3353 W 96th St.
Indianapolis, IN 46268

GATORMOTORSPORT.COM

Thanks Gator for the information! One question that has come up often here and hoping you can shed some light. What are current Lotus USA deposit numbers? If someone was looking at placing a deposit today what would be an anticipated delivery date based on this new information?

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Good afternoon,

Kind regards,

Tony Pechiney
INDY LOTUS
GATOR MOTORSPORT

3353 W 96th St.
Indianapolis, IN 46268

GATORMOTORSPORT.COM

It appears that Base v6 Build Orders are only issued/submitted for 4 months (ie Jan. to April). Is this true for each model year?
And Dealer annual allocation will be split among those 4 months?
Thanks.

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
While the delay is disappointing, this helps me plan better. Thank you very much Gator!

I wonder when my dealer will contact me with this information. I'm betting on never.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
4C37D93F-191C-491B-ABFF-C333C093B361.jpeg

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My dealer called me and told me my FE would probably be an early Q2 2023 delivery. I'm not super surprised. I lucked my way into a FE allocation anyway, so I am not too upset.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Just got an email from Lotus USA with the updates on NA delivery. This time the email included a reference number for my order. This made me unreasonably happy.

Just got mine too. So what's the reference number mean?

OP
G

Guest142

Just got an email from Lotus USA with the updates on NA delivery. This time the email included a reference number for my order. This made me unreasonably happy.
Congratulations Cory!

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I received my email from Lotus Cars USA today too. I am in Base Camp, so the information was general, but it did include the reference #. I don't think I have ever been so excited to receive an email that didn't actually say anything about when i would actually be able to spec, order or receive my car! :)

Cory

Reaction score
I’m hoping that it means the reference number is tied to my order. Previous communication had a place for the number but was left blank.

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Some sort of internal reservation number. It's not an order number or anything, I have an email as far back as September 15th, 2021 with the same reference number indicating I am a "priority Emira customer". This number doesn't match anything regarding order number.

ND2021

Reaction score
Was everyone's email from the dealer or Lotus USA?
I received an email from my dealer with a copy of the letter from Lotus USA and the time table for production, but nothing officially from Lotus with my Approved Customer Submission ID #.

View attachment 8066
View attachment 8067
I got a different email from Lotus with a reference number and an email from Gator.
Dear ,

Thank you for becoming a priority Emira customer.

You’re in the fast lane and we’ll let you know first about any important Emira updates as they occur.

In the meantime, you can look forward to configuring your car and completing your order very soon.

Welcome to Emira. Not just another sports car. The other sports car.

Lotus Cars USA

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Was everyone's email from the dealer or Lotus USA?
I received an email from my dealer with a copy of the letter from Lotus USA and the time table for production, but nothing officially from Lotus with my Approved Customer Submission ID #.

View attachment 8066
View attachment 8067
Crickets from the dealer, but email from LCUS.
What a missed opportunity.