U.S. Update: Allocation & Order Date

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think it's very likely. In the past Lotus offered a few solid colours as base/no extra cost and then charged extra for metallics and pearlescents. There's rumoured to be a solid red in the extra 7 colours, so they'd then have two solids as base (red and yellow) and the rest as met/pearl at extra cost. They'll announce the options and pricing sometime between Sept and Dec.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think it's very likely. In the past Lotus offered a few solid colours as base/no extra cost and then charged extra for metallics and pearlescents. There's rumoured to be a solid red in the extra 7 colours, so they'd then have two solids as base (red and yellow) and the rest as met/pearl at extra cost. They'll announce the options and pricing sometime between Sept and Dec.
I think the solid options will be Red, Yellow and Zinc but we will find out soon enough!

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Has everyone that placed a final order for a FE in the USA received an email from Lotus US. My final order was submitted in May, March 2023 build, Hopefully May of 2023 delivery. I have not gotten an email from Lotus of US.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has everyone that placed a final order for a FE in the USA received an email from Lotus US. My final order was submitted in May, March 2023 build, Hopefully May of 2023 delivery. I have not gotten an email from Lotus of US.
I would assume that, but cannot confirm. Possible options - Check the junk folder, contact your dealership or Lotus customer service.

FYI - I did receive an email last week from Lotus USA and I have the same order month and delivery estimate.

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Nothing from Lotus USA, justy dealer. A week or 2 ago I got my updated build month

Next Decade

Reaction score
I had the same problem; contacted customer support and they said I wasn't on the list because I checked the box that said I don't want "marketing" emails. I explained that anything related to my order isn't "marketing," but I've been added to the list and have received surprisingly no marketing... or not enough marketing. Sheesh! :)

It seems the number of FE's was increased from 1300 to 1900 now... so maybe you haven't missed the cutoff yet. Something to discuss with your dealer.

No such thing... they can't hold your money hostage forever. It's refundable. Unless they want to pay legal fees as well ;)

The orders are locked in, but technically, until you have the car, either side can renege. Laws vary by state, but until you take possession of the car everything is up in the air. By the way, this works in both directions. In theory, a dealer doesn't have to deliver a car to you either. It'll be hard for them to pull that with the first few/numbered deliveries, but past that? I'm sure they're going to start playing games. Some dealers already started with cancellations.
Regarding the additional vehicles (FEs), was this stated somewhere? Last I heard (back in March ‘23) I was 2nd on the list of people who missed the FE cut off with Gator. Still kinda hurts that I’ve had a deposit down since July 12, 2021 and missed the cut…

Regardless, was it ever communicated what the additional North American cars would be? I assumed they would all be base…

It would be nice to uplist those who’ve been waiting a very long time and just got unlucky because of the dealer they chose. Probably wishful thinking, but one can hope.

GatorMotorsport

Reaction score
The upcoming arrival of some demo cars is good news. Have you heard if these will still be arriving in time for LOG41 in September as previously publicised by the organisers?
LOG is planned to be the 1st stop for the inbound promotional Emiras, however, (as far as we know) this has yet to be confirmed by LC USA.

Any news on what the destination charge to the U.S. is going to be?
Final destination charge has not been confirmed. It's likely that we won't receive this until cars begin to ship from the U.K. We've been quoting $2200, same as MY2021 Evora GT.

What are current Lotus USA deposit numbers? If someone was looking at placing a deposit today what would be an anticipated delivery date based on this new information?
Lotus has stated that the global order bank has exceeded 2023 production. For new depositors, we are quoting delivery around 24 months from today for the V6 and approximately 18 months from today for the AMG I4.

It appears that Base v6 Build Orders are only issued/submitted for 4 months (ie Jan. to April). Is this true for each model year?
And Dealer annual allocation will be split among those 4 months?
Lotus is only quoting this far in advance. Base V6 orders will be submitted/built beyond the 4 months listed. The schedule beyond this will be regularly adjusted to optimize production.

Next Decade

Reaction score
Lotus has stated that the global order bank has exceeded 2023 production. For new depositors, we are quoting delivery around 24 months from today for the V6 and approximately 18 months from today for the AMG I4.
Regarding the additional “‘24” cars slated for North America (based on recent email), was there distinction on FE vs base numbers?

Will additional FEs be allocated to the us?

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
North America V6 FE allocation didn’t change, those orders are already in the books. What changed is the total number of vehicles allocation for calendar year 2023 and all North American cars will be delivered as Model Year 2024. What wasn’t clear is will FE also be MY24? Technically all NA FE’s were allocated in CY22 as MY23 cars. It’s still clear as mud.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
North America V6 FE allocation didn’t change, those orders are already in the books. What changed is the total number of vehicles allocation for calendar year 2023 and all North American cars will be delivered as Model Year 2024. What wasn’t clear is will FE also be MY24? Technically all NA FE’s were allocated in CY22 as MY23 cars. It’s still clear as mud.

All NA FE Emiras will be MY 2024 since all NA FEs are being produced starting Jan. 2023.

GatorMotorsport

Reaction score
LC USA gave each dealership the choice to either send out their own communication or have Lotus send the communication. We chose a more personal & informative approach.

Regarding the additional “‘24” cars slated for North America (based on recent email), was there distinction on FE vs base numbers?

Will additional FEs be allocated to the us?
All First Edition V6 Emira orders were placed between March-June of this year. Any orders moving forward will be for a 'Base' V6, First Edition AMG I4, or 'Base' AMG I4.

All NA FE Emiras will be MY 2024 since all NA FEs are being produced starting Jan. 2023.
Affirmative.

Dabjbr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Got a call from Tom @ Boardwalk Lotus on Sunday afternoon checking in with me. Jan production, February/March delivery. Says they'll have two Emiras in September or October for test drives for reservation holders only. Says it will likely not be appointment only and just first come first serve.

We doing a meet up 😀?
Placed an order with Kyle at Boardwalk. No call for me. Placed a deposit in November 2021. When did you place your order?