Canadian Emira preorders build, delivery dates, & updates thread

I thought I would start a thread just for us Canuck forum members so that we can also feel cool. 😎

This afternoon I received the following email from my local Calgary dealer. Overall, it's the same core message as the other Lotus emails that have been doing the rounds lately, but it's nice to see this one was written in the dealership's own words, and includes special mention about demo cars and test drives, "hopefully before the snow flies". Also, in my opinion this email seems to be less mealy-mouthed overall than the one from Lotus, for whatever that's worth...

In any case, it's at least exciting to have the arrival of demo cars & test drives to look forward to this fall! Heck, even seeing an Emira in the flesh finally would be awesome, as I don't even think any Canadian dealers have been paid a visit from the Shadow Grey prototype yet?

photo_2022-08-11_13-21-12.jpg

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Grand Touring Lotus in Calgary I have heard is a great dealer. Also heard positive things about John Scotti. Still have not heard anything from Lotus Oakville..... not to surprising....

Once again this communication shows exactly how dis organized Lotus USA truly are... Some customers get official emails with order numbers attached, some customers get them personalized from the dealer... Some customers don't get any emails.... Well done Lotus... your consistency in communications is truly remarkable. Someone needs to organize this damn company properly. SOOO frustrating.

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Grand Touring Lotus in Calgary I have heard is a great dealer. Also heard positive things about John Scotti. Still have not heard anything from Lotus Oakville..... not to surprising....

Once again this communication shows exactly how dis organized Lotus USA truly are... Some customers get official emails with order numbers attached, some customers get them personalized from the dealer... Some customers don't get any emails.... Well done Lotus... your consistency in communications is truly remarkable. Someone needs to organize this damn company properly. SOOO frustrating.
Got got word that the US orders are sliding the same amount
Sep build = Jan
Oct build = Feb
Nov build = Mar
Most important the first customer car had been delivered 🎉🎈

I’m ok with the because I figure that they are also working on improving on the areas that journalist have pointed out.
This process takes time I would prefer this to getting a car that has issues.
But hey what do I know, maybe just wishful thinking 🤔

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Still have not heard anything from Lotus Oakville..... not to surprising....
If it is any consolation... It has also been radio silence from Gentry Lane (Toronto).

Surprisingly, I received the same email directly from Lotus USA (with an actual reference #). I'm assuming others did as well?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If it is any consolation... It has also been radio silence from Gentry Lane (Toronto).

Surprisingly, I received the same email directly from Lotus USA (with an actual reference #). I'm assuming others did as well?
I have yet to receive anything from Lotus USA or Oakville... I have received other "priority" Emira customer emails in the past, but it has been a while... Maybe they lost some reservations haha. Shambles

themeatbaron

Reaction score
I have received nothing, from Oakville or Lotus direct. I don’t have a confirmed order date, was still waiting, even with a deposit made July 12, 2021. Oh well, maybe by 2024.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have received nothing, from Oakville or Lotus direct. I don’t have a confirmed order date, was still waiting, even with a deposit made July 12, 2021. Oh well, maybe by 2024.
That is a fairly early deposit... Did you get an F/E spot at least?

OP
eriegz

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Good to hear that you've heard good things about Grand Touring Calgary. While they haven't been super-proactive with their communication throughout this whole process (my email above was the first un-prompted email that I've received from them since placing my deposit back in July 2021), at least they're always friendly and gracious when I stop into the dealership.

Regarding your second comment about Lotus USA, I will say that to their credit I did receive the "official" email from them only an hour after the one from my dealer. But yes, it's sometimes confusing trying to figure out which customers get emails, and which ones don't.

Also, I see now that the email from "Lotus USA" is different than the one from "Lotus Cars", and is more tailored towards the US market. Makes sense. Also just seems to be more confidently-worded overall.

email.jpg

The email from "Lotus Cars", for comparison:

1660264004602.png

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I apparently did not.
Well at least you know where Lotus Oakville stands as far as customer comm's. Over 1 year and zero communication. Gentry Lane I assume is the largest volume lotus dealer in the country, not sure how they are with comm's, probably have a very large list do go down. I have heard John Scotti Lotus is pretty decent as well.

themeatbaron

Reaction score
Well at least you know where Lotus Oakville stands as far as customer comm's. Over 1 year and zero communication. Gentry Lane I assume is the largest volume lotus dealer in the country, not sure how they are with comm's, probably have a very large list do go down. I have heard John Scotti Lotus is pretty decent as well.
At this point, I might as well wait and see what happens. I’ll post if anything happens.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good to hear that you've heard good things about Grand Touring Calgary. While they haven't been super-proactive with their communication throughout this whole process (my email above was the first un-prompted email that I've received from them since placing my deposit back in July 2021), at least they're always friendly and gracious when I stop into the dealership.

Regarding your second comment about Lotus USA, I will say that to their credit I did receive the "official" email from them only an hour after the one from my dealer. But yes, it's sometimes confusing trying to figure out which customers get emails, and which ones don't.

Also, I see now that the email from "Lotus USA" is different than the one from "Lotus Cars", and is more tailored towards the US market. Makes sense. Also just seems to be more confidently-worded overall.

View attachment 8071

The email from "Lotus Cars", for comparison:

View attachment 8069
At least you get something... I deposited in February so I know my wait will be a little longer than you, not a reason to inform some customers but not others. Very unprofessional in my opinion. I just don't know if it's dealer related, which I am starting to suspect it is. Perhaps Lotus has requested customer lists, and maybe some of these dealers (GTA) are pulling something with deposit holders names - changing allocations etc.

Another question, did you get an F/E spot?

OP
eriegz

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Something feels wrong here... you mean you haven't received a single email from either "Lotus Cars" or "Lotus USA"? I would reach out to Lotus if I were you, and make sure you're in their system.

You and I have basically the same first deposit date, and I've received 7 emails since last September (and both Lotus Cars and Lotus Cars USA have the same sender email address, so the list below is combined):

1660265186840.png

themeatbaron

Reaction score
Something feels wrong here... you mean you haven't received a single email from either "Lotus Cars" or "Lotus USA"? I would reach out to Lotus if I were you, and make sure you're in their system.

You and I have basically the same first deposit date, and I've received 7 emails since last September (and both Lotus Cars and Lotus Cars USA have the same sender email address, so the list below is combined):

View attachment 8072
Sorry my bad , I have received the generic updates. Not the latest one you have recently gotten. I did reach out some 8 months ago and Lotus has confirmed I’m in their system but can’t tell me where I stand in order at the specific dealer. I just looked it up, Tammy from Lotus is who has confirmed they have me in the system. Oakville won’t tell me where I am on the list, they just said in June to me, you should get a car next year.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

View attachment 8072
I received one e-mail saying Welcome I will be receiving exclusive Emira content. Then nothing more. Dealer did send me my submission ID and that it was accepted by lotus like other one's I have seen on here. So I am pretty sure I am in the system somewhere. It just seems odd that 2 Lotus Oakville depositors on the forum haven't received any e-mails.... Makes me think it is dealer related.

I will investigate tomorrow. Thanks for help!

OP
eriegz

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
At least you get something... I deposited in February so I know my wait will be a little longer than you, not a reason to inform some customers but not others. Very unprofessional in my opinion. I just don't know if it's dealer related, which I am starting to suspect it is. Perhaps Lotus has requested customer lists, and maybe some of these dealers (GTA) are pulling something with deposit holders names - changing allocations etc.

Another question, did you get an F/E spot?
Yeah, it sucks to be left out of communication but I suspect that right now Lotus seems to be reaching out to... I was going to say the first few months' worth of Emira preorders... but maybe it's just preorders who were allocated an FE? I seem to recall that FE preorders filled up *relatively* quickly (as in, 6-ish months or so?), and I think that FE are the only Emira preorders so far that were given a) a firm price, and b) an approximate delivery date. I don't believe Lotus is even taking preorders for base editions yet, are they?

Sorry that's all just conjecture / me talking out my ass. And yes, I did get an FE allocation.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yeah, it sucks to be left out of communication but I suspect that right now Lotus seems to be reaching out to... I was going to say the first few months' worth of Emira preorders... but maybe it's just preorders who were allocated an FE? I seem to recall that FE preorders filled up *relatively* quickly (as in, 6-ish months or so?), and I think that FE are the only Emira preorders so far that were given a) a firm price, and b) an approximate delivery date. I don't believe Lotus is even taking preorders for base editions yet, are they?

Sorry that's all just conjecture / me talking out my ass. And yes, I did get an FE allocation.
I know a few others that got the e-mail you got and are not F/E slots. Well I've heard Gentry has over 150 deposits and only 20 f/e allocations.... USA/CAN only got 700 f/e allocation spots.... I am sure these e-mails went out to more than 700 depositors.... just not all of them....

Congrats on the Early F/E spot.... vid review once you get it!!

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Received the same email from Lotus USA as well. I have not heard from the Montreal dealership yet, but I'm pretty sure if I email them tomorrow I'll get all the information they have, experience has been great so far.

My initial delivery date was November, I have to admit I'm not really mad of it slips till spring, it would have sat in the garage all winter and would have been a hassel to get the car transported back to my home.

OP
eriegz

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I know a few others that got the e-mail you got and are not F/E slots. Well I've heard Gentry has over 150 deposits and only 20 f/e allocations.... USA/CAN only got 700 f/e allocation spots.... I am sure these e-mails went out to more than 700 depositors.... just not all of them....

Congrats on the Early F/E spot.... vid review once you get it!!
Ah ok, that makes sense. Well, so much for my theory then... 😄

Also, that ratio of 20 FE allocations to 150 deposits — or call it 13% — sounded surprisingly low at first, but comparing it to the Calgary dealership, I guess that's about right. Back in November of last year I was told that I was # 7 in line, and that there was around 50 deposits at that time, so that's about the same ratio (14%). I'm not sure how many FEs Calgary is getting, though...

But speaking of the 700 FEs, did you see this tidbit from GatorMotorsport's update?

"Lotus originally planned to produce 700 cars for North America in 2022 and approximately 1,300 cars in 2023. North America has since been allocated a higher volume for 2023, which Lotus has stated will be a minimum of 1,900 cars. We do not have a breakdown of how many of these cars will be allocated to the United States versus other territories."

So I wonder if that opens up some Emira depositors to getting an FE after all?

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Additionnal allocations for 2023 does not mean additional FE allocation

the initial 700 FE allocations are only for the V6 as well.