Canadian Emira preorders build, delivery dates, & updates thread

I thought I would start a thread just for us Canuck forum members so that we can also feel cool. šŸ˜Ž

This afternoon I received the following email from my local Calgary dealer. Overall, it's the same core message as the other Lotus emails that have been doing the rounds lately, but it's nice to see this one was written in the dealership's own words, and includes special mention about demo cars and test drives, "hopefully before the snow flies". Also, in my opinion this email seems to be less mealy-mouthed overall than the one from Lotus, for whatever that's worth...

In any case, it's at least exciting to have the arrival of demo cars & test drives to look forward to this fall! Heck, even seeing an Emira in the flesh finally would be awesome, as I don't even think any Canadian dealers have been paid a visit from the Shadow Grey prototype yet?

photo_2022-08-11_13-21-12.jpg

maplesyrup

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm Vancouver FE 1.0 as well, did you have to contact the sales person to get the vin or they contacted you?
Did you get vin yet? Based on info from the US/Canada thread most 1.0 are done made and should have vins by now. 2.0 are starting to arrive too

twalt24

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
New here but placed my order with Lotus Oakville back in Sept 2021 - Dealing with this dealer has been a nightmare but seeing cars start to get delivered in the US is promising - has anyone else been working with this dealer and gotten anything close to a VIN or confirmation of ETA ?

whupwhup

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
New here but placed my order with Lotus Oakville back in Sept 2021 - Dealing with this dealer has been a nightmare but seeing cars start to get delivered in the US is promising - has anyone else been working with this dealer and gotten anything close to a VIN or confirmation of ETA ?
still waiting - I got a vin number but no car yet.

netsinah

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Calgary Lotus has received 5 Emira FE's and they're starting to hand them out to customers. I'm talking to one of the lucky ones: he's a Forum member, sat in his car yesterday, and will p/u his Magma Red Emira April 15 after it's been fully PPF'd. He's been told they're expecting 13 more Emira's in the next couple weeks. Good news after such a long drought.

whupwhup

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I agree Oakville has been a nightmare. Deposited Aug 2021 for FE V6 auto and haven't even submitted a build order yet.
yeah its been rough for all lotus orders. The lack of communication from Lotus corp down into dealers has been nonexistent. But regardless we wait - loyal as can be :) I deposited on July 12, 2021 for FE 6speed, finalized the build in august 2023, and got a VIN in February. Now it's a mystery where the car is or when it will arrive.

Kattt

Reaction score
Calgary Lotus has received 5 Emira FE's and they're starting to hand them out to customers. I'm talking to one of the lucky ones: he's a Forum member, sat in his car yesterday, and will p/u his Magma Red Emira April 15 after it's been fully PPF'd. He's been told they're expecting 13 more Emira's in the next couple weeks. Good news after such a long drought.
Curious how the purchase experience is like with the Calgary dealer.

Haffway

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Curious how the purchase experience is like with the Calgary dealer.
I have had a good experience with GT in Calgary. I have 1350km on my car and I am having hvac issues after washing the car. GT is talking to Lotus to figure out a fix.
The car itself is amazing! Absolutely a blast to drive.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have had a good experience with GT in Calgary. I have 1350km on my car and I am having hvac issues after washing the car. GT is talking to Lotus to figure out a fix.
The car itself is amazing! Absolutely a blast to drive.
Good to hear a positive review on Calgary! Sorry to hear about the HVAC issue, would you mind sharing your VIN range? Curious if itā€™s in the 1000s or 2000s maybe some indication on whether theyā€™ve fixed it at factory on later productions. Nova said the issue was found at his dealer during PDI as well as the steering pump and they were able to fix both on 1 day so perhaps not as bad as initially reported to fix. That being said seems like thereā€™s no communication internally here to share whatā€™s being done for a proper quick repair.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good to hear a positive review on Calgary! Sorry to hear about the HVAC issue, would you mind sharing your VIN range? Curious if itā€™s in the 1000s or 2000s maybe some indication on whether theyā€™ve fixed it at factory on later productions. Nova said the issue was found at his dealer during PDI as well as the steering pump and they were able to fix both on 1 day so perhaps not as bad as initially reported to fix. That being said seems like thereā€™s no communication internally here to share whatā€™s being done for a proper quick repair.
Have you reached out to gentry about the HVAC / water problems with Emira? They must be aware of these problems, I do wonder if US/CAN dealers are proactively repairing this prior to delivery, obviously not all are, but Novaā€™s did.

Go Kart

ā€¦ has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Have you reached out to gentry about the HVAC / water problems with Emira? They must be aware of these problems, I do wonder if US/CAN dealers are proactively repairing this prior to delivery, obviously not all are, but Novaā€™s did.

I believe Novaā€™s two issues were caught as failures during PDI. As far as we have seen so far dealers are not preventatively repairing these issues if thereā€™s no failure first.

Iā€™d be happy to hear otherwise.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Quick update, the 30 or so Canadian VINs that just arrivedā€¦.6 of them are Gentry (all the ones that ones that were early orders that were ā€œmissingā€). I was pretty sure of that based on the VIN sequences but now confirmed.

Regarding the HVAC AC, yeah I asked and he said itā€™s pretty minor blower motors needing replacement - but too early to know if itā€™s a band-aid.

The question I have from those with more Lotus buying experience or mechanical experience is by the sounds of it thereā€™s a bad part that was used which is a ticking time bomb before it fails (unless it was addressed at the factory if your car is a later build). It doesnā€™t sound like only some cars have the bad part, just a matter of when the problem occurs based on water. SO, if Iā€™m right about this - should you insist this get addressed if Lotus doesnā€™t do a recall or say the warranty will be extended on this part? Say I hardly plan to drive in the rain and wash the car carefully and never encounter the issue, then one day in year 3 get caught in a downpour and the next time I use the car a week later the AC isnā€™t workingā€¦Iā€™d almost want to make sure I drive it in the rain before to make sure it fails while covered if itā€™s not recalled or extendedā€¦

We live close to the dealer - but for some ppl who are 6 hours from their dealer, should they want this part fixed prior to delivery even if it passes PDI?

*oh, he also believed a lot of US cars affected right away as a result of sitting outside for months - that being said, it just means our cars may not have the issue right awayā€¦still a ticking time bomb.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Quick update, the 30 or so Canadian VINs that just arrivedā€¦.6 of them are Gentry (all the ones that ones that were early orders that were ā€œmissingā€). I was pretty sure of that based on the VIN sequences but now confirmed.

Regarding the HVAC AC, yeah I asked and he said itā€™s pretty minor blower motors needing replacement - but too early to know if itā€™s a band-aid.

The question I have from those with more Lotus buying experience or mechanical experience is by the sounds of it thereā€™s a bad part that was used which is a ticking time bomb before it fails (unless it was addressed at the factory if your car is a later build). It doesnā€™t sound like only some cars have the bad part, just a matter of when the problem occurs based on water. SO, if Iā€™m right about this - should you insist this get addressed if Lotus doesnā€™t do a recall or say the warranty will be extended on this part? Say I hardly plan to drive in the rain and wash the car carefully and never encounter the issue, then one day in year 3 get caught in a downpour and the next time I use the car a week later the AC isnā€™t workingā€¦Iā€™d almost want to make sure I drive it in the rain before to make sure it fails while covered if itā€™s not recalled or extendedā€¦

We live close to the dealer - but for some ppl who are 6 hours from their dealer, should they want this part fixed prior to delivery even if it passes PDI?

*oh, he also believed a lot of US cars affected right away as a result of sitting outside for months - that being said, it just means our cars may not have the issue right awayā€¦still a ticking time bomb.
Easy fix... wash your car everyday, twice a day for the first month of ownership... really get in there with the hose...lol... if it doesn't break within first 3 years your probably ok. Don't baby the car (in terms of rain or washing) if you plan on owning it long term while under warranty. Better to get it early and replaced. I am sure lotus has implemented a fix, but most likely after they use all the other old parts up.