• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: šŸ† May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Canadian Emira preorders build, delivery dates, & updates thread

I thought I would start a thread just for us Canuck forum members so that we can also feel cool. šŸ˜Ž

This afternoon I received the following email from my local Calgary dealer. Overall, it's the same core message as the other Lotus emails that have been doing the rounds lately, but it's nice to see this one was written in the dealership's own words, and includes special mention about demo cars and test drives, "hopefully before the snow flies". Also, in my opinion this email seems to be less mealy-mouthed overall than the one from Lotus, for whatever that's worth...

In any case, it's at least exciting to have the arrival of demo cars & test drives to look forward to this fall! Heck, even seeing an Emira in the flesh finally would be awesome, as I don't even think any Canadian dealers have been paid a visit from the Shadow Grey prototype yet?

photo_2022-08-11_13-21-12.jpg

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Nice to meet another (future) Calgary Emira owner! :) When did you make your deposit and which position are you? I made my deposit with Lotus Calgary the day after the reveal and I think Eric told me I was in position #7 last year.
WOW, you guys are lucky. I placed my deposit a couple of weeks before the Emira was officially revealed and Iā€™m # 39 in my dealers queue. Ontario seems to have had more early depositors than Alberta. Hopefully the allocation numbers will rise in the coming months and everyone will get the Emira flavour they want.

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if we are not subject to luxury tax, but I'd be very happy if it turns out to be true!

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
WOW, you guys are lucky. I placed my deposit a couple of weeks before the Emira was officially revealed and Iā€™m # 39 in my dealers queue. Ontario seems to have had more early depositors than Alberta. Hopefully the allocation numbers will rise in the coming months and everyone will get the Emira flavour they want.
That kinda sounds fishy to me. Gave my deposit on the exact day the car was revealed (july 6th 2021?) and was 5th on the list at my dealer

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
That kinda sounds fishy to me. Gave my deposit on the exact day the car was revealed (july 6th 2021?) and was 5th on the list at my dealer
Not going to sweat over it. Iā€™ll look on the positive side of it and if I have to build from the base model I should be able to build a more unique Emira instead of the cookie cutter FE. Not that the FE wonā€™t be great but there will be a lot of FEā€™s out there.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Not going to sweat over it. Iā€™ll look on the positive side of it and if I have to build from the base model I should be able to build a more unique Emira instead of the cookie cutter FE. Not that the FE wonā€™t be great but there will be a lot of FEā€™s out there.
FYI: my dealer had 160+ deposits as of a month ago. Not sure how many deposits vs allocations the Calgary, MontrƩal and Vancouver Lotus dealers have.

OP
eriegz

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Bumping this thread for a more permanent place to chat about Canadian deliveries. Anyone receive a VIN from their dealer / confirmation of their vehicle being en route yet?

Joshbr32

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Bumping this thread for a more permanent place to chat about Canadian deliveries. Anyone receive a VIN from their dealer / confirmation of their vehicle being en route yet?
I was told that my emira was starting production in October past, and I should expect to get it Early Spring 2024, how long does it usually take until I would get a VIN?

Haffway

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm in the FE 2.0 group. No VIN. Was told in Aug my car is scheduled for a Dec build with a delivery sometime in the spring of '24

OP
eriegz

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Last edited:

D4speed

Reaction score
Just curious if there are any mid to late August 2021 or later depositors that have placed orders in Canada? I am still waiting place an order.

Hs1881

Reaction score
Hey all, Iā€™m finally in a position to purchase something in this price range, and after reviewing multiple vehicles, the Emira stands out as a clear choice to me.

My question is, if I were to place a deposit in the next month or so, am I looking at around a 2+ year wait? I donā€™t mind the wait to be honest. I realize that the base model hasnā€™t been opened up yet for orders. Iā€™ll call my local dealers on Monday (Gentry & Oakville), as I still see them as advertising the FE 2024 on their websites, which Iā€™m not sure is accurate.

Silver Storm

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hey all, Iā€™m finally in a position to purchase something in this price range, and after reviewing multiple vehicles, the Emira stands out as a clear choice to me.

My question is, if I were to place a deposit in the next month or so, am I looking at around a 2+ year wait? I donā€™t mind the wait to be honest. I realize that the base model hasnā€™t been opened up yet for orders. Iā€™ll call my local dealers on Monday (Gentry & Oakville), as I still see them as advertising the FE 2024 on their websites, which Iā€™m not sure is accurate.
You should be prepared for a long wait. If you plan on placing your deposit, I would do it sooner rather than later. I was told back in May of this year by Lotus Vancouver that they plan to stop taking future orders in early-mid 2024. This prolly applies to your local Lotus dealer too. Lotus has enough back up orders to last the entire planned production run.

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score

I put a deposit down Oct 2022 and it's been crickets. Absolutely ZERO communication from Lotus or my Dealer Gentry. But going from Intel from this group I think I still have another 1yr wait. I may try call them for an update.

nickorette

Reaction score
Deposit placed two days after announcement, back in July 2021. I have allocation and build was submitted, ETA is March

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I put a deposit down Oct 2022 and it's been crickets. Absolutely ZERO communication from Lotus or my Dealer Gentry. But going from Intel from this group I think I still have another 1yr wait. I may try call them for an update.
More F/E v2's coming... I would reach out and see when then jan/feb allocations drop.

OP
eriegz

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Vancouver 1.0 magma red, dealer confirmed shipping around same time as the US customers were reporting, but no Vins and no further updates yet.
Any updates on your car from your dealer yet?

maplesyrup

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Any updates on your car from your dealer yet?
Nope. They ā€œheardā€ Canadian builds are on the second shipment but thatā€™s all they really ā€œheardā€. Nothing concrete theyā€™ve been able to provide me.

Eddmac

Reaction score
So, I received a call from my dealer over the weekend, offering me a FE, so long as it was a V6 Manual. April build June/July delivery.
When I went on the configurator, it came out at $131,869 (CAD).
I had always been told my build was likely early 2025, so I have planned and budgeted for that date, and I can't afford it right now. The fact that it has gone up by about $20k doesn't help lol.

My guy wouldn't tell me why they have allocations so early, but he did tell me that lots of people are passing on this allocation round.

So, if anyone wants one in Canada - they are currently being allocated.

D4speed

Reaction score
So, I received a call from my dealer over the weekend, offering me a FE, so long as it was a V6 Manual. April build June/July delivery.
When I went on the configurator, it came out at $131,869 (CAD).
I had always been told my build was likely early 2025, so I have planned and budgeted for that date, and I can't afford it right now. The fact that it has gone up by about $20k doesn't help lol.

My guy wouldn't tell me why they have allocations so early, but he did tell me that lots of people are passing on this allocation round.

So, if anyone wants one in Canada - they are currently being allocated.
I also am being offered to spec a V6 Manual. I want a V6 auto so may pass on the V6 manual and be doomed to likely receive my auto in winter next year.