Canadian Allocations

themeatbaron

Reaction score
" prices may be subject to change between the time we receive your configuration and the time you place your order"

You placed your order. The advertised price is different than your order. If that isn't breach of advertising law then I don't know what is.

The clause makes sense if I placed an order two years ago and the configurator has changed since my allocation came up then sure I get it. But for the V2 guys this is a firm breach of advertising law. If that single line covers it, then everyone would be advertising lower prices and then selling at higher. I have never seen from any manufacturer being able to configure a car with the correct options and receiving an allocation than getting a bill of sale for a different MSRP. Pretty Wild.

not to argue with you - Since you agreed, more so to highlight the ridiculousness of Lotus Cars USA towards Canada in general, since they run the show from Detroit. Lotus needs dedicated reps for Canada, instead of us being an after thought.
I agree, how I may handle things or do things and how Lotus USA is doing things, are not on the same page.

Fyuen1

Reaction score
Does anyone know if First Edition I4 comes with ADAS? I have been contact to submit my configuration for the build slot.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anyone know if First Edition I4 comes with ADAS? I have been contact to submit my configuration for the build slot.
You must have been given a configurator link; what does it say about that as you sort your choices? What does your dealer say?
Wish I was more definitive for you.
This is a momentous occasion.

Fyuen1

Reaction score
You must have been given a configurator link; what does it say about that as you sort your choices? What does your dealer say?
Wish I was more definitive for you.
This is a momentous occasion.
Thanks. I just received confirmation from dealer that ADAS is not offered on FE models.

netsinah

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A question: my Canadian dealer is asking $129,900 for the FE 2.0 V-6 manual, which I expected, however there’s an $895.00 “documentation fee” which is “mandated by the dealer group” PLUS more disconcerting a $8,995.00 additional “dealer preparation fee” for transport, fuel (full tank of gas?), PDI (pre-delivery inspection), detail (how is this different than PDI?), and trickle charger. Does the Canadian MSRP not already build in transport from the UK? Has everyone else been asked to pay these prices? There are the usual smaller government mandated fees, plus luxury tax and gst on top of everything. Those taxes make the extra $8,995.00 almost $11,000.00. Any advice appreciated.

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
A question: my Canadian dealer is asking $129,900 for the FE 2.0 V-6 manual, which I expected, however there’s an $895.00 “documentation fee” which is “mandated by the dealer group” PLUS more disconcerting a $8,995.00 additional “dealer preparation fee” for transport, fuel (full tank of gas?), PDI (pre-delivery inspection), detail (how is this different than PDI?), and trickle charger. Does the Canadian MSRP not already build in transport from the UK? Has everyone else been asked to pay these prices? There are the usual smaller government mandated fees, plus luxury tax and gst on top of everything. Those taxes make the extra $8,995.00 almost $11,000.00. Any advice appreciated.
I've seem some dealers in past try and charge a "documentation" fee around $400 to $800.. I would just refuse it and threaten "no deal" and they would concede. It's basically an ADM they are trying to sneak in mostly. I don't see how much leverage and success Emira buyers will have. The $129k doesn't include "freight" some USA buyers were saying it was around $2500 usd that's probably $3500 Canadian. Most manufacturers don't ship with full gas tanks so this dealership likes to top it up and charge a premium. Some other small charges would be legit as well as I guess they are providing a trickle charger.. maybe $200 there in value??! Registration and licensing etc small fee.. Let's say $4k is legit and the rest another way to get ADM?!
I'm hoping to get it for $129k plus say $5k max freight etc and then Taxes HST & luxury tax.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I've seem some dealers in past try and charge a "documentation" fee around $400 to $800.. I would just refuse it and threaten "no deal" and they would concede. It's basically an ADM they are trying to sneak in mostly. I don't see how much leverage and success Emira buyers will have. The $129k doesn't include "freight" some USA buyers were saying it was around $2500 usd that's probably $3500 Canadian. Most manufacturers don't ship with full gas tanks so this dealership likes to top it up and charge a premium. Some other small charges would be legit as well as I guess they are providing a trickle charger.. maybe $200 there in value??! Registration and licensing etc small fee.. Let's say $4k is legit and the rest another way to get ADM?!
I'm hoping to get it for $129k plus say $5k max freight etc and then Taxes HST & luxury tax.
My dealer fees are $995 US. That was disclosed at the beginning. The car is MSRP plus shipping which is about $2,500. So MSRP plus $3,495 sounds about right………for cash.💵 If you are financing they will hit you with documentation fees etc that you can negotiate (probably a few hundred bucks). Taxes and registration you can’t do much about.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
10K for Freight / PDI / dealer fee's is outrageous. (plus Tax on top) Perhaps for high end exotics (cars above 250K+) - Lotus Emira does not qualify for that.

Normal charges should be 4K approx. in Dealer Fee's (freight / PDI / Doc Fees etc.) + MSRP + Lux Tax (if applicable) + HST/GST (whichever applicable)

If I was getting charged 10K I would be expecting full PPF and Ceramic coating from the dealer.

Haffway

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@netsinah which dealer are you with?

netsinah

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As a follow-up to my first post #285 above on this thread, my dealer and I are now in discussions and I expect the freight/pdi/etc. to be reduced. FWIW I called an Ontario dealer and was told they charged around $3,000 for freight and less than $1,000 for pdi, which is in line with what Lotustoronto said above in his post #288 (thanks for that reply), although I don't know if that same Ontario dealer I spoke with charges a document fee (I didn't ask). I'm curious to know what others in Canada have been paying for these initial Emira orders, when it comes to freight/pdi and any "document fees".

I know when I bought my first C8 Corvette in 2020 and was lucky enough to get one due to the then +++ demand and ++++ short supply, many dealers felt they could charge whatever they wanted for "dealer add-ons" however they were stuck with the published GM rates for freight/pdi (around $2,000 back then; now $2,295 for 2024). It would be nice if Lotus would also publish a set rate for Canada.

I'll respond to Haffway's above post, via PM (private message). Merry Christmas to all!

Lineofcontrol

Reaction score
As a follow-up to my first post #285 above on this thread, my dealer and I are now in discussions and I expect the freight/pdi/etc. to be reduced. FWIW I called an Ontario dealer and was told they charged around $3,000 for freight and less than $1,000 for pdi, which is in line with what Lotustoronto said above in his post #288 (thanks for that reply), although I don't know if that same Ontario dealer I spoke with charges a document fee (I didn't ask). I'm curious to know what others in Canada have been paying for these initial Emira orders, when it comes to freight/pdi and any "document fees".

I know when I bought my first C8 Corvette in 2020 and was lucky enough to get one due to the then +++ demand and ++++ short supply, many dealers felt they could charge whatever they wanted for "dealer add-ons" however they were stuck with the published GM rates for freight/pdi (around $2,000 back then; now $2,295 for 2024). It would be nice if Lotus would also publish a set rate for Canada.

I'll respond to Haffway's above post, via PM (private message). Merry Christmas to all!
Can you please let us know which dealer was trying to gouge you on these outrageous fees??? Seems really unethical. So very sorry you have to deal with this. I was on the wait list initially and then dropped out...Still want an Emira as my next car...

As a part measure, I ended up getting a MX5 RF and have done it up as a track car and did 6 events this past summer and it was a total blast!

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not sure how it works with Lotus but for GM vehicles (at least for Chev and Cadillac), the dealer is reimbursed/paid for PDI. I only know because when I got my Z06, I asked about how long it takes and they told me that GM pays between 2-3 hours depending on options. So having to pay for PDI seems very odd. I assume something similar with Lotus as my dealer is only charging MSRP + shipping (~$2300). Good luck in getting costs reduced.

netsinah

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Can you please let us know which dealer was trying to gouge you on these outrageous fees??? Seems really unethical. So very sorry you have to deal with this. I was on the wait list initially and then dropped out...Still want an Emira as my next car...

As a part measure, I ended up getting a MX5 RF and have done it up as a track car and did 6 events this past summer and it was a total blast!

I won't "publicly out" the dealer: as indicated above, I'm expecting a reduced amount and working out an amicable solution. Congrats on your MX5 (a great car for those who know of and appreciate its handling) and here's hoping you get lots more fun miles out of it!

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score

I guess you missed my post #286 where i said $4k would seem legit the rest is bs.

Haffway

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Attachments

• 20240304_173616.jpg
    20240304_173616.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 10

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Was out in a t-shirt in Toronto today! Temps above zero the next 2 weeks so unlikely anything more than a light flurry…can always get a snowfall in March though.

First would have to be Montreal, Oakville, or Gentry(Toronto). Gentry is defenitly expecting cars end of this month. Was told they were on their way 1-2 weeks ago when Canada got approved…I think someone said from Baltimore but my guess is from the UK so not sure if the boat has even left yet but I know some FE1s said they got VINs. My money is on week of The 18th at an east coast dealership.