Canadian Allocations

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Was out in a t-shirt in Toronto today! Temps above zero the next 2 weeks so unlikely anything more than a light flurry…can always get a snowfall in March though.

First would have to be Montreal, Oakville, or Gentry(Toronto). Gentry is defenitly expecting cars end of this month. Was told they were on their way 1-2 weeks ago when Canada got approved…I think someone said from Baltimore but my guess is from the UK so not sure if the boat has even left yet but I know some FE1s said they got VINs. My money is on week of The 18th at an east coast dealership.
I had mentioned they may have been in Baltimore or even Detroit. Very possible they are coming in from UK. Even @DerTheDer who is waiting for his car to arrive at his dealer from Detroit will still be a couple more weeks away. It is entirely possible there is a backlog at the storage Lot's to get through. Either way, the wait will soon be over! Hopefully the autobox and i4's are not too far behind. It seems they have sorted the UK/EU backlog and are now working on finishing the remaining N/A orders and i4's for UK/EU. Base Configurator should be "soon"....haha

Weather in southern Ontario has been outrageously warm for Feb/March!

Last edited:

themeatbaron

Reaction score
I had mentioned they may have been in Baltimore or even Detroit. Very possible they are coming in from UK. Either way, the wait will soon be over! Hopefully the autobot and i4's are not too far behind. It seems they have sorted the UK/EU backlog and are now working on finishing the remaining N/A orders. Base Configurator should be "soon"....haha

Weather in southern Ontario has been outrageously warm for Feb/March!
Hoping your right. I turn 50 at the beginning of September and would love to have the car by then.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hoping your right. I turn 50 at the beginning of September and would love to have the car by then.
That will be great! I turned 40 last June and the original timeline was basically where we are now but a year sooner. So for the first 2 years I was hoping it would arrive by 40 LOL, seems a lot more real though at the moment :).

themeatbaron

Reaction score
That will be great! I turned 40 last June and the original timeline was basically where we are now but a year sooner. So for the first 2 years I was hoping it would arrive by 40 LOL, seems a lot more real though at the moment :).
If I ordered the manual there would be a better chance but hopefully the auto makes it by Sept 1st. Hopefully yours arrives soon.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If I ordered the manual there would be a better chance but hopefully the auto makes it by Sept 1st. Hopefully yours arrives soon.
V6 or i4? From the letter someone got from Lotus today it sounds like it may happen if you’re among the first on the V6…they’re saying end of year for the i4 so I wouldn’t hold my breath on that one.

You should hopefully get 2 solid months if it comes by Sept 1.

themeatbaron

Reaction score
V6 or i4? From the letter someone got from Lotus today it sounds like it may happen if you’re among the first on the V6…they’re saying end of year for the i4 so I wouldn’t hold my breath on that one.

You should hopefully get 2 solid months if it comes by Sept 1.
Auto V6. I finalized my order back in August of 2023. Deposit was on July 12, 2021.

D4speed

Reaction score
Finally laid eyes on the Emira. On holiday in Orlando. Was there 45 minutes and no one came to talk to me. lol. Anyways was good to have alone time to look over the cars. Got to see magma red, yellow, DV, nimbus, Seneca and white. I had originally wanted DV but lately been thinking magma or vivid red. Unfortunately no vivid there but my actual spec in DV is there and man it didn’t disappoint even with it being inside. Back to DV for me. Hopefully get the call soon to order the v6 auto from Oakville.

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Deposit was in July of 2021. I am in the Windsor area.
I just edited my post saw your reply later on.. lol..
Yes someone told me there were a a few of us here..
Kingsville..
I used to live in Windsor. I'm out in Lakeshore now.

I put initial deposit oct 3 2022.. I didn't do it sooner because I had 3 other cars on my shortlist. I've had almost zero comms.. I haven't even seem the colours in real life or tested a car yet in Toronto.
What's your opinion on when I should receive my car? lol.. Tired of not knowing anything. 😪

themeatbaron

Reaction score
Kingsville..

I put initial deposit oct 3 2022.. I didn't do it sooner because I had 3 other cars on my shortlist. I've had almost zero comms.. I haven't even seem the colours in real life or tested a car yet in Toronto.
What's your opinion on when I should receive my car? lol.. Tired of not knowing anything. 😪
I couldn’t even guess, maybe next summer ?. I believe mine will be this summer as I ordered an auto. I’m actually in Amherstburg. It will be a small group of owners down in this area

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Kingsville..

Hey John, Since they are producing i4's for UK and EU and North American manual V6's are most likely all finished production by the end of this month - or very close to it - I imagine the base V6 manual configurator should be going live for the 2025 model year, which changes over in July/August I believe? My guess is you would placing your configuration around mid/late summer this year. An end of the year delivery is possible. I think V6 Auto box should be CARB sorted in a couple more months and get deliveries around that same time. I think they said V6 Autobox cars will be model year '25, which is most likely fall delivery. Take all of this with a grain of salt of course. But it seems Hethel as worked through the majority of it's deposit lists (apart from North America, which by mid 2025 should be done as well)

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hey John, Since they are producing i4's for UK and EU and North American manual V6's are most likely all finished production by the end of this month - or very close to it - I imagine the base V6 manual configurator should be going live for the 2025 model year, which changes over in July/August I believe? My guess is you would placing your configuration around mid/late summer this year. An end of the year delivery is possible. I think V6 Auto box should be CARB sorted in a couple more months and get deliveries around that same time. I think they said V6 Autobox cars will be model year '25, which is most likely fall delivery. Take all of this with a grain of salt of course. But it seems Hethel as worked through the majority of it's deposit lists (apart from North America, which by mid 2025 should be done as well)
Thanks. Any info or thoughts are greatly appreciated.
What I don't get is when I see posters on Facebook etc say that they were told (about 2 months ago) that if they put in an order today they should have it within a year or some say max 18 months. That's about as long as I still have to wait ....but I've already put in 1.5yrs.
How do you know they are only building I4s? Pretty sure they can build a variety on the line. Build out of 2024? I assume then.?
They build how many units a day? Seems like it should be sooner than later..lol..

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks. Any info or thoughts are greatly appreciated.
What I don't get is when I see posters on Facebook etc say that they were told (about 2 months ago) that if they put in an order today they should have it within a year or some say max 18 months. That's about as long as I still have to wait ....but I've already put in 1.5yrs.
How do you know they are only building I4s? Pretty sure they can build a variety on the line. Build out of 2024? I assume then.?
They build how many units a day? Seems like it should be sooner than later..lol..
US and Canada will vary wildly on delivery times. Even from dealer to dealer may be very different.

I don't think they are building only i4's, I am sure there will still be some V6's going through, but all orders for V6 first editions have ended from my understanding, so they will only be building the remainder which at this point can't be that many. I assume they want to finish off first edition i4's in order to launch the base version of the car for '25 model year.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
First Canadian cars have arrived at dealership! Gentry Lane (Lotus Ontario), in Toronto just posted on instagram. 6 cars coming off the truck yesterday. Wonder where the other 6 are as I had thought their 12 FE1s all landed in Baltimore 2 weeks ago…

Haffway

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
First Canadian cars have arrived at dealership! Gentry Lane (Lotus Ontario), in Toronto just posted on instagram. 6 cars coming off the truck yesterday. Wonder where the other 6 are as I had thought their 12 FE1s all landed in Baltimore 2 weeks ago…
Hopefully Calgary!!!!