Canadian Allocations

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I talked to my Montreal dealer today and they said they just got allocated 20 first edition cars for 2022. Of that 19 are to be sold to reserve holders and 1 kept for a demo car. They said delivery is to start in November
I guess Toronto & Oakville will only get a handful if it’s 70 for Canada and Vancouver saying they will have the lion’s share means at least 35 for them…that leaves at most 15 for Toronto/Oakville/Calgary 😅

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I talked to my Montreal dealer today and they said they just got allocated 20 first edition cars for 2022. Of that 19 are to be sold to reserve holders and 1 kept for a demo car. They said delivery is to start in November
Well I'll be waiting for a call, but guessing I get an Emira this year :)

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I sent an email to Gentry 3 days ago... radio silence! I'm going to try to call them today.

Wish me luck! lol
Same experience! Although there were only 2 times I reached out since putting the deposit in July. 1) a couple weeks later after I didn’t get any confirmation from Lotus (apparently they made a typo in my e-mail to Lotus on the work order), and 2) to tell them I 100% know the spec I want and what it was when the first configuration went live.

My guess would be they’d get a handful more than Montreal but the Vancouver dealership has already put out ads that they are getting the lion’s share. I think they have just shy of 100 deposits at the moment.

Last edited:

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I guess Toronto & Oakville will only get a handful if it’s 70 for Canada and Vancouver saying they will have the lion’s share means at least 35 for them…that leaves at most 15 for Toronto/Oakville/Calgary 😅
I think the 70 allocations for Canada were only speculations. Might be more.

Fyuen1

Reaction score
Gentry advises that they don't have the 2022 allocations yet. I think Gentry should get more allocations than Montreal and Oakville as their order list is close to 100 as I am in the 80s.

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Gentry advises that they don't have the 2022 allocations yet. I think Gentry should get more allocations than Montreal and Oakville as their order list is close to 100 as I am in the 80s.
Just got off the phone with Gentry... They confirmed that they have yet to establish allocations, but they anticipate that it will likely be a small number for 2022. Similar to the discussions in the "U.S. Update: Allocation & Order Date" topic, they said that there will only be a limited number of FEs for those early depositors the majority of the orders will not be FE. Likely won't see any cars arrive until 2023. Great news for an early depositor... not so much for the rest of us!

They also noted that a Bulletin from Lotus USA (to all deposit holders) should be coming out shortly, regarding further details on allocations and ordering process.

FYI - For those interested, they noted that Gentry has a total of ~90 deposits.

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Spoke to Montreal dealer. FE allocation confirmed, will be configuring my car in March, so far production September, delivery November

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not that it matters.... but, I'm curious to know why some Canadian dealers have received allocations and other have not??

Could it be that all dealers know, but the ones that "claim" that they have "not" received their allocations are just not telling the public? If so, not cool!

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
so far the MTL dealer has been really open since the beggining, always called me back within 24h when I emailed, always gave me all infos they had. Not sure why the other dealers would do otherwise...

chooch13

Reaction score
so far the MTL dealer has been really open since the beggining, always called me back within 24h when I emailed, always gave me all infos they had. Not sure why the other dealers would do otherwise...

Nothing but top notch customer service from them....Bernard is always great to deal with!

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If I only lived closer to Montreal... I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Gentry (Toronto) is not responsive to emails, but will answer phone calls. However, they are reluctant to provide any useful information. I guess I will need to sit back and be patient.

Anyone have any luck getting any information out of Oakville (Toronto)?