• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Bespoke luggage

DenzilP

Reaction score
These look really nice but I didn't see any specs. Do you happen to know what the sizes are for each of those pieces?
Here’s some better pics and the sizes.

Last edited:

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For the record I gained 20kg in 5 years working next door to an artisan ice cream dairy. 1L was only $2 more than a 3 scoop punnet. So without my soon to be ex wife to criticise I had a liter of ice cream for lunch every day! :rolleyes:Now I am ice cream free in Perth and 20KG lighter, 20KG to go. :cool: Cheaper than uprating the engine and more all round benefits. And yes I sous vide in my Annova precision pro and Annova oven. I bloody love sous vide. My query is more about transporting fresh fish and crustaceans. And the luggage is for trips to Margaret river. 🔥
How do you like your fish done?
Skip the sushi.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
At first blush it looks like behind the seats should be able to take 3 (correction, I meant to type 2) airline class carry-ons leaving the boot for a duffle bag with shoes, toiletries, etc. that’s all my wife and I need for a couple week road-trip. That’s about as bespoke as I need :cool:

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Certainly two flight cases behind the seats, maybe three. This is one situation where being short has advantages - I’ll have the seat further forward so will have more storage.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I've been looking at Morgans recently....
Not sure if you could retrofit something like their rail system behind the front seats. Be nice to have something really secure back there and would also look pretty sweet having hadcase bags locked in place for those with ocd lol

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There are tie-down hooks on the low shelf and LATCH child seat anchors in the rear bulkhead behind each seat, so something will be possible.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Jeez. That is taking the piss. Almost as bad as the Ferrari stuff, though at least that is made to measure.
I do wish there was proper bespoke luggage. That said I managed to fit a luggageworks roll aboard suitcase in the trunk just fine with room for this holdall to the left of it, and room for a coat or two on top.

squish

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ouch.

I noticed they sell a replica JPS jacket from the 70's. Looks like maybe a mid-70's. I still have my actual pit jacket I bought in 1973 when Emerson was F1 world champion, along with a lot of stickers they were handing out at the time. They'd have a new one for every F1 win. I had put a few badges on my jacket, but I was wearing this when I was at the first IROC race at Riverside Raceway in October 1973, and I was standing at the pit wall on Saturday during practice. Emerson pulled into the pits, saw my jacket, came over and signed my pit pass. His signature is on the bottom. The other 3 above his are Jackie Stewart, Dan Gurney, and Mark Donohue.

Here's my jacket:
View attachment 6410

Here's my pit pass:
View attachment 6411

Here's my 1968 Triumph Spitfire I had at the time:
View attachment 6412
Oh wow, this brings back a bunch of memories. I was at this race, but I was only 4 years old :) My dad raced, and I spent most of my early childhood here as this was our local track (local still being an hour away). I have many fond memories of Riverside, back in the day where a kid had the freedom to pretty much go anywhere you wanted as long as you didn't enter the track itself.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oh wow, this brings back a bunch of memories. I was at this race, but I was only 4 years old :) My dad raced, and I spent most of my early childhood here as this was our local track (local still being an hour away). I have many fond memories of Riverside, back in the day where a kid had the freedom to pretty much go anywhere you wanted as long as you didn't enter the track itself.
Riverside was a great track for fans and enthusiasts. Very informal. If you had a pit pass, you could literally go anywhere except on the track, like you said. A lot of big names and teams would do testing and development on cars out there during the off season. I was so sad when it was demolished for a stupid mall that wound up going bankrupt because there was absolutely no need for a mall out there.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I do wish there was proper bespoke luggage. That said I managed to fit a luggageworks roll aboard suitcase in the trunk just fine with room for this holdall to the left of it, and room for a coat or two on top.
I'm sure these guys would be delighted to have a (UK) car to measure and add products to their range?

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Any thoughts on manufacturers of bespoke luggage and how hot does the boot get?
2ce1a3d69cfd67f90e3bbb6108df7eb7.gif

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm sure these guys would be delighted to have a (UK) car to measure and add products to their range?

I emailed them. They recently did a set for a Seneca Blue Emira.
3 piece for behind the seat pictured is £300 as pictured £600 if leather instead of vinyl

I really like the alcantara panels and color matched piping.

2 piece set for the boot is £250, £500 in leather.
20240226_123756.jpg

20240226_123801.jpg

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I spoke with the people at Bespoke and they said they're working on the two piece set. The price stands above if you want color matched luggage for your car, but if we wanted to get a group buy for a standard set (black on black with logo either leather or vinyl) he would do a group discount for us.

Standby for pictures.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For those interested in a group buy:
20240415_135348.jpg