• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Bespoke luggage

Reaction score
I have already got the luggage covered

Black Bag.JPG

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
NICE!!1

Now the question is:

Will the yellow in this bag match my yellow calipers, and the yellow stitching , and the lotus badge?

Are. they going to release bespoke FE bags, in real leather or Alcantara, with or without black pack?, or do we have to wait for Base Version recycled plastic ones?

We need an updated configurator showing the bags to keep us going until Lotus releases the promised pictures since October last year.

The reviews barely kept us going for one week!

After that we can enjoy the wheel gap discussion, and without realizing we'll get our cars and 2022 will be over!

Just saying 🤣🤣🤣
I don't know, that off-road handle gap is waaay too much! I wonder what it would cost to get the handle lowered...

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Whatever luggage I get I don't want any metal on the side that faces the seat backs. It looks like they're interior plastic and I don't want them getting scratched up. It'll be interesting to see what the bespoke luggage looks like.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I would like a behind the seat full-width lidded storage bin that attaches to the isofix points and floor hooks. This would allow objects to be placed inside without the seat backs and objects being banged up during breaking.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I would like a behind the seat full-width lidded storage bin that attaches to the isofix points and floor hooks. This would allow objects to be placed inside without the seat backs and objects being banged up during breaking.
Like a wine cellar !

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes and if it has a lid, that adds some security for keeping what's in there from being visible. If it's insulated, that would be even better for putting food or cold drinks in there which would be nice if you're on a trip. Maybe even have two versions; one a full width, and one a half-width, so if you have a passenger on a trip, you can still put some luggage on the other side.

Hmm... some interesting business opportunities here.

g_l9wco

Reaction score
Sit down before you look at the price :)

Shit the bloody bed!!!
I would've paid half that but £795 for a bag that's crazy money😬
Cheers anyway

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sit down before you look at the price :)

Ouch.

I noticed they sell a replica JPS jacket from the 70's. Looks like maybe a mid-70's. I still have my actual pit jacket I bought in 1973 when Emerson was F1 world champion, along with a lot of stickers they were handing out at the time. They'd have a new one for every F1 win. I had put a few badges on my jacket, but I was wearing this when I was at the first IROC race at Riverside Raceway in October 1973, and I was standing at the pit wall on Saturday during practice. Emerson pulled into the pits, saw my jacket, came over and signed my pit pass. His signature is on the bottom. The other 3 above his are Jackie Stewart, Dan Gurney, and Mark Donohue.

Here's my jacket:
IMG_2999.jpeg

Here's my pit pass:
IMG_3001.jpeg

Here's my 1968 Triumph Spitfire I had at the time:
IMG_3003.jpeg

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just realized looking at that old picture of my Spitfire, I took that picture in 1973, 49 years ago. I had paid $600 for the car. In all likelihood, my Emira will probably arrive in January of 2023, so 50 years later I'll have a car I paid $100,000 for which is more than double what that house, both my parent's cars, and my car cost combined. Who knew.

DenzilP

Reaction score

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
What about this one

View attachment 6595
How about these. You can get them from b&c, just over £400
Once I get the car, I might ask a local leather tannery to make some bespoke luggage. Prob more expensive, but it will be to my exact spec and also #buylocal eh?

Maybe two duffle bags for the boot and two for two behind seats.

Last edited:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner