Base and First Edition specs and configuration options coming through...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Emira pages on the Lotus site are in the process of being updated at the moment. Country/region versions of the pages are gradually updating so depending where you are you may see them now or not for a few hours. The UK pages are up and showing the Base Edition and First Edition specifications and cost/no-cost options. No pricing yet, expecting that to be added by Monday.

We can now see what is included in the Base Edition and what is extra on the First Editions, plus what options are available on both. Lots of information to digest but it's looking promising so far. Of key interest is the First Edition showing Spring 2022 availability and the Base Edition being tagged as "available spring 2023". That looks like Lotus are doing a much longer FE run than we'd initially been expecting.

NDL

Reaction score
All looks good.
leather Steering wheel is a cost option on the FE, which I would choose.
looking forward to seeing the pricing now👍

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looking good, great spot @TomE, what's the betting you have been refreshing the page all day :)

Reactions: NDL
Reaction score
I’m refreshing the page non-stop, trying to access the Uk site on VPN, but it just shows a disclaimer about the configurations… I can’t actually see the configuration options. 😭

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm so excited, my boyfriend ran through and told me that Tom had said website live - couldn't get on the page quick enough!!! I think my boyfriend is as excited as me about this purchase. How many other ladies do we have on here?

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1632080511834.png

Rammie

Reaction score
It's great to see the website and configirator updated, we are going to get so much more as first edition buyers compared to base edition buyers. Most things seem to be coming as standard for first edition buyers; all looks good to me. Just need to see the pricing now and the delivery periods.

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m refreshing the page non-stop, trying to access the Uk site on VPN, but it just shows a disclaimer about the configurations… I can’t actually see the configuration options. 😭
I have the same

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Rendering on the configurator improved too. A lot of the vent details look better refined.

If you're not able to load the page try switching browsers, worked for me. Not loading in Chrome but loaded in Edge. Might be a cache issue, try clearing your browser cache.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I have the same
For those of us who have been considering the M139 engine, and different cosmetic options this seems deflating. From this announcement it seems that the car won’t be available for another 18 months for M139 buyers. If one decides to go the supercharger route, they will have to settle for a choice from a limited color palette, unless they wait another 18 months for their desired color. If they hold out for the I4 TT then they have to wait 18 months regardless. Not exactly what I was hoping for after jumping in as an early adopter. I also don’t think this will be good for lotus in the long run. They haven’t done a very good job of managing expectations, and this could mean a bunch of new owners of Porsche and corvette l in the US. People don’t want to wait around for this long for the car and their enthusiasm will wane. Hoping someone can talk me out of my doldrums, which are being exacerbated by a marginal rollout effort and poor communication with committed prospective buyers.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Emira pages on the Lotus site are in the process of being updated at the moment. Country/region versions of the pages are gradually updating so depending where you are you may see them now or not for a few hours. The UK pages are up and showing the Base Edition and First Edition specifications and cost/no-cost options. No pricing yet, expecting that to be added by Monday.

We can now see what is included in the Base Edition and what is extra on the First Editions, plus what options are available on both. Lots of information to digest but it's looking promising so far. Of key interest is the First Edition showing Spring 2022 availability and the Base Edition being tagged as "available spring 2023". That looks like Lotus are doing a much longer FE run than we'd initially been expecting.
Looking forward to US version. Extra colors are now further out?

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Looking good, great spot @TomE, what's the betting you have been refreshing the page all day :)
Yep, and yesterday when the configurator part was down for an update :)

Now the question is do I wait up tonight to see if pricing goes on at midnight ;)