❔ QUESTION What comes after the Base Edition?

denk0815

Reaction score
Hi together,
As the title suggests, I was wondering if there is any information about what is coming to the Emira after the Base Edition.

The background is that I've been waiting 18 months for my i4 but have come to the conclusion that I'll probably be happier with a manual gearbox and would like to assess whether I'll slide into a base slot or whether it might be worth waiting for some kind of "final" edition.

Best wishes

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi together,
As the title suggests, I was wondering if there is any information about what is coming to the Emira after the Base Edition.

The background is that I've been waiting 18 months for my i4 but have come to the conclusion that I'll probably be happier with a manual gearbox and would like to assess whether I'll slide into a base slot or whether it might be worth waiting for some kind of "final" edition.

Best wishes

There are rumors about future R/GT versions, but nothing concrete yet. No official statements on if the V6 manuals will have upgraded versions or if they'll all be AMG i4s. It'd be typical Lotus form if they have many versions over the next 10+ years (assuming they can keep selling ICE vehicles).

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There are rumors about future R/GT versions, but nothing concrete yet. No official statements on if the V6 manuals will have upgraded versions or if they'll all be AMG i4s. It'd be typical Lotus form if they have many versions over the next 10+ years (assuming they can keep selling ICE vehicles).

Production of the Emira is schedule to finish by 2028 (but given the high demand, they might extend it). I got a production slot on the March 2024 i4 build and I have already told my salesperson that I will be placing another deposit after delivery for a final build V6.