AC comes on when vehicle is unlocked

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Since day 1, whenever I unlock the vehicle, the AC comes on. It doesn’t matter whether I open the door or not but it eventually goes off after a few minutes if I don’t start the car.

Another time the car had been unlocked for a while, and the ECU was sleeping. I popped open the gas lid from the outside, which caused the ECU to wake up and again the AC came on. This is very easily detectable from the outside because you can hear a fan kicking in and obviously if you are inside, there is air coming out of the vents.

I don’t see any settings in the climate control that would cause this. Is anyone else experiencing this behavior?

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Since day 1, whenever I unlock the vehicle, the AC comes on. It doesn’t matter whether I open the door or not but it eventually goes off after a few minutes if I don’t start the car.

Another time the car had been unlocked for a while, and the ECU was sleeping. I popped open the gas lid from the outside, which caused the ECU to wake up and again the AC came on. This is very easily detectable from the outside because you can hear a fan kicking in and obviously if you are inside, there is air coming out of the vents.

I don’t see any settings in the climate control that would cause this. Is anyone else experiencing this behavior?
In my case, I am not sure it´s the A/C. It looks to me more like a fan in the bonnet.
Has always started the fan after a long sleep of the car.
The second I press the remote to open the car it starts the fan, and the second I open the door it stops.
Does not do it if you close the car and reopen after a short period of time, though.

It must be normal configuration, I guess

OP
DaaS

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thank you for confirming. I guess it’s expected behavior.