Check engine light comes on after ten minutes of having the car.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Oh no. Do you have a ODB reader?

Try disconnecting all power, wait x minutes, connect it all back up and see?

Lotus does cover all costs of towing to a nearby dealer for warranty work, right?

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

This is the type of BS that turns away people from this brand lol. Sure it's a fix, but why do we still have to do this?...did it with the Elise....exige...evora....and now Emira? Boooo

First time I have to do these party tricks to get the car to work I am going to sell or send back to dealer and they can handle the lemon law strikes.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
This is the type of BS that turns away people from this brand lol. Sure it's a fix, but why do we still have to do this?...did it with the Elise....exige...evora....and now Emira? Boooo

Yea, it always makes me wonder what could have happened between factory and delivery that cause a warning light *NOW* rather than earlier.

OP
C

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Lotus does cover all costs of towing to a nearby dealer for warranty work, right?
I have an ODB reader somewhere. Need to find it. Yes, Lotus would have to pay to get it trailered. Dealer is 90 miles away. So frustrated. Might try the power disconnect.

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I know we’ve heard it a million times but it could be due to a low battery. These cars have been stuck at ports and the battery have been drained and probably not in the best condition. Bad batteries cause lotus’s to do funky things and trigger lights.

Agree with disconnecting the battery a few minutes, reconnecting and driving a longgg time to charge the battery back up.

As I wait for my car the battery replacement is the first mod I’ll do to that car so in the event I have issues, I know it’s not battery related.

OP
C

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I know we’ve heard it a million times but it could be due to a low battery. These cars have been stuck at ports and the battery have been drained and probably not in the best condition. Bad batteries cause lotus’s to do funky things and trigger lights.

Agree with disconnecting the battery a few minutes, reconnecting and driving a longgg time to charge the battery back up.

As I wait for my car the battery replacement is the first mod I’ll do to that car so in the event I have issues, I know it’s not battery related.
They had a trickle charger on the battery at the dealer. It's without power now so if that does not clear it I can take it to autozone and have them test the battery. Trying everything before going back to dealer.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They had a trickle charger on the battery at the dealer. It's without power now so if that does not clear it I can take it to autozone and have them test the battery. Trying everything before going back to dealer.
Sorry to hear. Keep us updated!

OP
C

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Disconnecting battery didn't do it. Going to autozone to get it checked. Will have them check code if possible. Then back to dealer depending I guess....sigh.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
TBH, I kind of wonder whether it's just a good idea for each dealer to get permission from each buyer to (considerately!) drive their car around for a couple of days, just to iron this kind of bullshit out... makes such a bad first impression :|

OP
C

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well some good news and a crazy coincidence. On the second try the light went out and I went to auto zone any way for OBD. The guy at Autozone was a retired Lotus Tech! I mean, what are the odds of that? Anyway it was a secondary code of invalid data from vehicle dynamics control module, code U0416 and he said it was probably a fluke. I told the dealer and they are going to review the code and let me know if anything else is needed, but for now, full speed ahead.

Fasttoys

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well some good news and a crazy coincidence. On the second try the light went out and I went to auto zone any way for OBD. The guy at Autozone was a retired Lotus Tech! I mean, what are the odds of that? Anyway it was a secondary code of invalid data from vehicle dynamics control module, code U0416 and he said it was probably a fluke. I told the dealer and they are going to review the code and let me know if anything else is needed, but for now, full speed ahead.
Cool glad it worked as I always say Welcome to Lotus.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

I have an Antigravity battery along with a CTEK Lithium tender sitting here waiting. I've slowly started accumulating things like this for the car in anticipation. Just need the car now!

Reaction score
Just great. Did not reset after letting car sit for an hour. Dealer is 90 minutes away. Waited 2 years and 8 months and right back to the dealer : ( !!!!
I've had CEL after a fill up and figured it was fuel door or other "emissions" related. Reset door just in case, kept driving, after about 50+ miles it went out. Also had ESC light on after some aggressive driving, went out next re-start. Never had any impact to engine or drive modes...just ignored it and it resolved itself.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've had CEL after a fill up and figured it was fuel door or other "emissions" related. Reset door just in case, kept driving, after about 50+ miles it went out. Also had ESC light on after some aggressive driving, went out next re-start. Never had any impact to engine or drive modes...just ignored it and it resolved itself.
Sounds like a proper break in :cool:

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Have you had any recurring issues with the Check Engine Light. Mine just came on so trying to save a trop to the dealer if I can.