Emira Base Edition

Lauren

Reaction score
Hello, Has anyone here have an idea of the price for the Emira Base Edition when it's eventually launched? I've configured for an Emira I4 (FE) £77,795 before the next price increase (after 11 August) but not sure if I want to go ahead with it because of the inflated price hikes. Any idea about the price for the Base Edition will be appreciated. Many thanks.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello, Has anyone here have an idea of the price for the Emira Base Edition when it's eventually launched? I've configured for an Emira I4 (FE) £77,795 before the next price increase (after 11 August) but not sure if I want to go ahead with it because of the inflated price hikes. Any idea about the price for the Base Edition will be appreciated. Many thanks.
UK base edition prices haven't been released yet but the i4 FE was priced at £72k at launch in 2021, with the base i4 “headline” price at £60k. There was a supposed £15k of options bundled for the £12k FE premium.

Given that after all of the price rises to date (i.e. from Aug 11th 2023), the i4 FE now starts at £81.5k you could reasonably expect, if opened for orders today (as unlikely as it is), the i4 base edition to start at around £69k-£70k - but nobody actually knows when that will happen or if there could be more price rises before then....

All prices plus OTR costs, first registration fee, RFL etc…… around another £2.7k at today's prices

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think JimH’s assessment is about right. Take the current FE prices and reduce by about 12k.

Based on the price increases already announced, I’d expect another price increase around Jan/Feb 2024. Base Edition pricing is unlikely to be published before Q1 next year, so I’d expect Base to be another 3-6% on top of the post 11 Aug prices.

OP
L

Lauren

Reaction score
UK base edition prices haven't been released yet but the i4 FE was priced at £72k at launch in 2021, with the base i4 “headline” price at £60k. There was a supposed £15k of options bundled for the £12k FE premium.

Given that after all of the price rises to date (i.e. from Aug 11th 2023), the i4 FE now starts at £81.5k you could reasonably expect, if opened for orders today (as unlikely as it is), the i4 base edition to start at around £69k-£70k - but nobody actually knows when that will happen or if there could be more price rises before then....

All prices plus OTR costs, first registration fee, RFL etc…… around another £2.7k at today's prices
Thank you, that's very helpful. I guess I will wait before check out and make a decision.

Do you think I will be better off sticking with the I4 (FE) especially if the base edition I4 is highly likely to increase in price?

OP
L

Lauren

Reaction score
I think JimH’s assessment is about right. Take the current FE prices and reduce by about 12k.

Based on the price increases already announced, I’d expect another price increase around Jan/Feb 2024. Base Edition pricing is unlikely to be published before Q1 next year, so I’d expect Base to be another 3-6% on top of the post 11 Aug prices.
Thank you... I've got to make a decision before check out so I'm weighing up the pros and cons! Once again thank you for your response.

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thank you, that's very helpful. I guess I will wait before check out and make a decision.

Do you think I will be better off sticking with the I4 (FE) especially if the base edition I4 is highly likely to increase in price?

That really depends if you value the options.

12 way with memory function vs 4 way?
KEF audio
Leather interior options etc..

Outside of color and paint, I personally think the upgrades aren't worth it if you want to customize your car with aftermarket stuff.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The discount for the FE compared to adding all the same options to a Base car is about 3k. You could think of that as getting the KEF audio for free. But if Base goes up 3-4k in the next round of increases, that saving is knocked out. Plus you have the pre/post 11 Aug difference.

Buying a fully loaded i4 FE now pre increase is worthwhile if you want all or most of the cost options. If you only want a few extras then a Base + lightly optioned will probably be slightly cheaper. But then one you get to drive soon and the other not until mid next year.

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You also get LSD and track mode on FE v6 manual. Depends if that is relevant to you.

fellman3

Reaction score

Which is why I bailed, bought an 18 month old Alpine A110 with 7k on the clock and saved £25k. With the added bonus of driving it this week not Q3 2024 (possibly). The Base is a pricey car now.