• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Who’s excited now!!!??

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
570DAA57-4392-45D8-9A35-18499BCECD5E.jpeg
Is going to be so exciting!!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Got my email too. Good to see Lotus starting to get the comms out to deposit holders and a commitment to regular updates. They must be reading the forums ;)

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Got my email too. Good to see Lotus starting to get the comms out to deposit holders and a commitment to regular updates. They must be reading the forums ;)
Got mine as well although Bell and Colville thought mine wouldn’t be first edition. Deposit went down 14/7 ironically on my wife’s birthday! One question Tom as I can see your knowledge is extensive. Real world driving on roads does the IPS auto satisfy in the same way as a DCT or should I go manual? I don’t live in central London which helps!

GarrethN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ve had mine too. Shame it doesn’t give any real details, maybe they’re running a little more behind than we first thought. We’ve got more specs about the lovely GT4 car than the FE car. If only that could be a FE body kit……….. (please, please, please)

Reaction score
Got mine as well although Bell and Colville thought mine wouldn’t be first edition. Deposit went down 14/7 ironically on my wife’s birthday! One question Tom as I can see your knowledge is extensive. Real world driving on roads does the IPS auto satisfy in the same way as a DCT or should I go manual? I don’t live in central London which helps!
I am going V6 Auto on my FE Emira. I have had a 400 auto since new and it is awesome. I had an S1 NA Evora IPS before that and I was impressed enough to order the 400 auto without trying one. The NA IPS was good and improved with software updates, but the 400 is on a different level, much fast change, great in town on auto, but comes alive when in sport or race and using the paddles. Change is not be as fast as a dsg but is plenty fast enough. I have 250 Cup for my manual fix but even if it was my only car I would still be going auto.
Pm me if you want any other info.

Reactions: Rob

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I am going V6 Auto on my FE Emira. I have had a 400 auto since new and it is awesome. I had an S1 NA Evora IPS before that and I was impressed enough to order the 400 auto without trying one. The NA IPS was good and improved with software updates, but the 400 is on a different level, much fast change, great in town on auto, but comes alive when in sport or race and using the paddles. Change is not be as fast as a dsg but is plenty fast enough. I have 250 Cup for my manual fix but even if it was my only car I would still be going auto.
Pm me if you want any other info.
Thanks and appreciate the intel. I do have a habit of buying cars and not test driving and I’ve heard some other good reviews of the IPS now it’s evolved since it was introduced c 10 years ago. Auto it is 👍

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My summary of the IPS is over here: https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/v6-with-the-automatic-transmission.160/#post-1432

Similar to the views from others who've posted on this thread.

If you can find a recent Evora IPS to test drive then worth a go. If you're near B&C then see if Jamie has one or come along to one of our regular Lotus owners meetings at Newlands Corner near Guildford (every 3rd Sunday 9-11am, next one on 19th Sept) and see if any owners are around and can take you for a drive.

Den

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It does infer to me that the First Edition will not be a limited run as it seems we (UK) got the same email, regardless of when you placed your deposit?

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
My summary of the IPS is over here: https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/v6-with-the-automatic-transmission.160/#post-1432

Similar to the views from others who've posted on this thread.

If you can find a recent Evora IPS to test drive then worth a go. If you're near B&C then see if Jamie has one or come along to one of our regular Lotus owners meetings at Newlands Corner near Guildford (every 3rd Sunday 9-11am, next one on 19th Sept) and see if any owners are around and can take you for a drive.
Great thanks

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Deposit placed on 8 Jul (UK), but no email yet :(

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I assume this is for the UK only no news here in Canada
Yup - I’m in Canada as well. I recently learned there’s a long standing thing that prevents car companies from selling directly in Canada/US which is why we have to go through dealers. Tesla has basically had to create their model to work around this, but in a less than ideal way. I find it rare these days that you’re better off dealing with a middle man who actually adds value if they have no reason to. If they do then it can be beneficial, this is my first time dealing with Gentry in Toronto so fingers crossed. After I saw some folks getting emails from Lotus I contacted the dealership and my rep told me the person who typed in the details to Lotus misspelled my e-mail. I did later receive the same e-mail most of us in Canada got from Lotus about filling in the configuration in September - but no mention of first edition. I presume when it comes to configuration the point of contact will be the dealership, vs those direct will speak to someone direct at Lotus. I just hope we get the same accuracy of info passed on from the dealer as those speaking with Lotus directly.

My main question is whether they expect us to lock in a configuration that can’t be changed before there’s a chance to see or consume some media on the i4 to make a proper decision - without losing your spot in the quo. If you want the i4 and looking at 2023 delivery, would you be able to push that off if there’s a more powerful AMG version announced before delivery date that may hit the streets within 12 months? I’m heavily leaning to the V6 manual, but if there’s a better performaing and sounding 450-500HP DC AMG version to come in 2023/2024 I may want to hold off.

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Placed my deposit same day as you and also no email.
Placed my deposit on same day at Goodwood FOS and have received the email. I know there were problems getting all the payments through at Goodwood and a nice lady from Lotus phoned me back a few days later to take payment but she said I retained the original date and time. There was a lot going on there so no idea where I am on the list.

boozyjay

Reaction score
Received an email from my UK dealer this morning. They think October is more likely for the Emira roadshow as it's still in the planning stages with Lotus.

cdbrown001

Reaction score
Deposit placed on 8 Jul (UK), but no email yet :(
have you registered your interest on the Lotus website. I put my deposit in on July 30h and just got my email. the dealer got their email about my reserved spot, but I did not get mine until after I officially registered interest on the Lotus site with my email. Not sure those to events are connected, but you might try registering your interest at the main Lotus site, or do it again if you already

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There are two parts to the UK roadshows. One for people on the “Keep Me Informed” list and one for deposit holders.

KMI people have mostly had an email and link to online booking for their events.

Deposit holders are in the process of being contacted by dealers and Lotus about timing and venue for their events. Some people have been contacted already, others will be contacted next week. If you’re unsure if you’re on the deposit list, speak to your dealer or the Emira team at Lotus.

Last edited:

Den

Emira Fan
Reaction score
have you registered your interest on the Lotus website. I put my deposit in on July 30h and just got my email. the dealer got their email about my reserved spot, but I did not get mine until after I officially registered interest on the Lotus site with my email. Not sure those to events are connected, but you might try registering your interest at the main Lotus site, or do it again if you already
Placed my deposit on the 31st July and got a confirmation email straight away. I’ve also had the tour reserve email and one today stating they will be in touch soon to take me through the order process for the 1st Edition V6. I never subscribed to the ‘keep me informed’ or had contact with a dealer?

Last edited: