• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Base and First Edition specs and configuration options coming through...

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
@Mike-engel - they always said from the start that the V6 model would come first so I wouldn't read too much in to that for now
True, but there has also been messaging the TT I4 would start being available within 3-4 months of production start, not 12 months (which would be a completely different model year, incidentally), and might even be included among FE cars. Perhaps I’m being unfair, but in my mind, if they were allowing people to get on a list for a car without making available the drive trains the included in the roll out, they are just engaged in a bait and switch process. Perhaps the shouldn’t have announced this engine unless they were actually able

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
True, but there has also been messaging the TT I4 would start being available within 3-4 months of production start, not 12 months (which would be a completely different model year, incidentally), and might even be included among FE cars. Perhaps I’m being unfair, but in my mind, if they were allowing people to get on a list for a car without making available the drive trains the included in the roll out, they are just engaged in a bait and switch process. Perhaps the shouldn’t have announced this engine unless they were actually able
And the i4 is still featured on what is now the 1st Edition configurator too.......

Last edited:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like the Black Pack is all one now (upper and lower) and includes "Gloss Black roof, cantrails, mirror pods, rear LOTUS badge and tailpipe finishers."

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m confused to why you would state and make public that you will be able to get a amg option from Summer 2022 . Is any one else confused ..
I put down for a amg option, does this now mean I will get a choice to wait for the amg or opt in for a v6 instead …

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m confused to why you would state and make public that you will be able to get a amg option from Summer 2022 . Is any one else confused ..
I put down for a amg option, does this now mean I will get a choice to wait for the amg or opt in for a v6 instead …
I think Lotus have made a mess of the launch of this car already. Lack of clear communication will cost them plenty of pre orders. Also performance figures are terrible 😞 slower than Evora and Exige.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
And the i4 is still featured on what is now the 1st Edition the configurator too.......
We have been talking on this forum about these issues of meeting, even exceeding customer expectations with Emira for quite some time now. I’m not suggesting that they have to be all things to all people right out of the gate. That would be unreasonable. Indeed, I bet there are many on this forum thinking M139/DCT who would be fine with the V6/Automatic combo if they could just personalize the car to their tastes. Not an unreasonable expectation at this price point. But instead they are being told the can really only have one power plant, have to accept the car in one of 6 colors (whose true appearance they haven’t shared)that in at least some people’s opinions are not super inspiring, and this will be true for the entire year once production begins. This doesn’t feel like they are distinguishing themselves in a manner consistent with the slogan “for the drivers”. What they seem to be saying instead is, “for some of the drivers”. where is the commitment to meeting or exceeding the needs of their customer? Where is their detailed plan to insure a superior customer experience when their dealer network is so diffuse. I mentioned this potential problem for lotus several weeks ago… if all they do is produce a car that rivals the Porsche, people beyond the true believers will just buy Porsche. Lotus needs to offer a “no compromises” experience for their buyers, and this path forward does not seem to be accomplishing that. I don’t even think there has been any communication with US consumers other than it’s really important that you place a deposit so you will be in line for a build slot. Radio silence since then. That’s just not going to cut it with the majority of American consumers. Do folks at lotus monitor this forum? These are your customers.

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I agree , such a shame , when I see this released I was like that is stunning .
Literally ordered and then sold my 10 month old c63s saloon and thought will be worth the wait..
Not an 18 month wait lol! What a mess ..

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more with you mate. Lotus have totally stuffed many communication aspects. They look like they don’t even know what they are doing themselves. Car is stunning but what’s more stunning is how they have screwed it all up. Now you can’t even get black tail pipes unless you opt for the whole black pack.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
What rubbish performance figures. It’s slower than a 2016 Evora 400. You mean 6 years till you launch a new car that’s all the engineering you have been able to employ for the drivers. Or let me choose the i4 engine sorry sir you can’t till 2023 🤦🏻‍♂️. Lotus is not for the drivers it’s for what they choose to give the drivers. What a PR nightmare and communication what communication!!!

Last edited:
OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Everyone was told at Goodwood the AMG cars would start being delivered 3 months after the first V6 cars. 12 months later for base spec isn’t consistent with that, unless there’s an AMG FE coming - which I think there is. There’s more info to come this week. Let’s see.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Also performance figures are terrible 😞 slower than Evora and Exige.
It is a heavier car for a start!, due to all the extra tech and features, so was never likely to be directly comparable

RapidLotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
For those of us who have been considering the M139 engine, and different cosmetic options this seems deflating. From this announcement it seems that the car won’t be available for another 18 months for M139 buyers. If one decides to go the supercharger route, they will have to settle for a choice from a limited color palette, unless they wait another 18 months for their desired color. If they hold out for the I4 TT then they have to wait 18 months regardless. Not exactly what I was hoping for after jumping in as an early adopter. I also don’t think this will be good for lotus in the long run. They haven’t done a very good job of managing expectations, and this could mean a bunch of new owners of Porsche and corvette l in the US. People don’t want to wait around for this long for the car and their enthusiasm will wane. Hoping someone can talk me out of my doldrums, which are being exacerbated by a marginal rollout effort and poor communication with committed prospective buyers.
I looked on the page and see nothing saying that the FE will not be available with the AMG engine or that there would be an additional 18 month wait. Where did you get that information? I will admit I don't understand the 360 hp figure quoted for the AMG M139. Is Lotus detuning the AMG engine? See AMGs info below. There is also a 460 hp M139 in development.
1632091529701.png

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Everyone was told at Goodwood the AMG cars would start being delivered 3 months after the first V6 cars. 12 months later for base spec isn’t consistent with that, unless there’s an AMG FE coming - which I think there is. There’s more info to come this week. Let’s see.
Good advice. Lotus really needs work on their communication. Why such a cryptic approach to providing details, dispensing them with an eye dropper? Why the mystery and ambiguity? Why is it the the drive train info isn’t specifically described on the information sheets? It’s really a cluster.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I looked on the page and see nothing saying that the FE will not be available with the AMG engine or that there would be an additional 18 month wait. Where did you get that information? I will admit I don't understand the 360 hp figure quoted for the AMG M139. Is Lotus detuning the AMG engine? See AMGs info below. There is also a 460 hp M139 in development.
View attachment 404
I’m basing my perceptions of engine availability on the specification sheets that say the base edition car won’t be available until spring of 2023, and it has already been mentioned by lotus that the M139/DCT will be the only configuration for the base model. Why in gods name would they have the engine available for the base edition and yet not offer the base edition for sale? If they have a reason, they should provide it. Better yet, how about listing the available engine/transmission options on both spec sheets. Every sticker in any new car lists the drive train. Why not just put that information in instead of leaving it open to interpretation. On the spec sheet they could have simply written something like this:

First Edition Cars
Engine/transmission
-supercharged V6 mated to either a manual transmission or torque converter automatic transmission

OR

-Twin turbocharged in-line 4 cylinder engine mated to a 6-speed DCT

Base Edition Cars
-Available only with the twin turbocharged in line 4 cylinder engine mated to a 6-speed DCT

Wouldn’t that have been simple? This is sort of the point. When lotus communicates (which is infrequent-at least that has been my experience—no communication from either my dealer or from lotus since they took my deposit) they communicate in ambiguous and incomplete ways where reasonable people can find their own meaning in the information provided. There are no regular updates so no one really knows what to expect, and on the backdrop of this uncertainty they put out such obtuse messaging that skeptical or concerned consumers fill in the blanks in ways not necessarily beneficial to lotus. Another example….why do we not know what our other color options will be for the car? How about when those colors will come available? Is it really going to be a year? Why? When those colors are available, can one order a First Edition configuration in one of those colors? If not, what is the reason/rationale for this restriction? What if I want the first edition configuration but don’t want to accept an uninspired color scheme? Why is a base edition delayed until 2023 when all of what’s in those cars is already found in the first editions, and then some. Is it just because they want everyone to buy the most expensive car possible while simultaneously depleting their backlog of V6 engines from sluggish Evora sales? I could go on and on. They have designed a beautiful car that by all indications will be magnificent to drive. How about a communication strategy to match? It would go a long way to easing the minds of prospective buyers, who, incidentally, have a myriad of choices in this market segment. Lotus needs to get more than it’s engineering act together. And I for one WANT to see them succeed. The automotive world is infinitely better with lotus in it. They can’t screw this up yet they seem to be trying. As a consumer of their premium product I’d like to purchase the car I envisioned at a time in line with my priority position or to be provided a cogent argument for why that can’t happen. I’d like to get regular updates indicating how lotus is working toward meeting my expectations. I don’t think this is too much to ask. For some less committed, even if they do these things those customers might just drive in to their local Porsche or Chevrolet dealer rather than the lotus dealer 300 miles away.

sorry…tirade complete

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think Lotus have made a mess of the launch of this car already. Lack of clear communication will cost them plenty of pre orders. Also performance figures are terrible 😞 slower than Evora and Exige.
Yeah, I’m really quite dismayed by the 0-60 time on the V6. Was hoping for sub 4.

G

Guest142

I'm so excited, my boyfriend ran through and told me that Tom had said website live - couldn't get on the page quick enough!!! I think my boyfriend is as excited as me about this purchase. How many other ladies do we have on here?
Coolest reply ever! My wife and I are still laughing. We're having a similar moment so we definitely understand. Congrats. It's a very special feeling & experience to even hear about...to be apart of it makes it surreal. I literally have goosebumps. Wow

G

Guest142

The Emira pages on the Lotus site are in the process of being updated at the moment. Country/region versions of the pages are gradually updating so depending where you are you may see them now or not for a few hours. The UK pages are up and showing the Base Edition and First Edition specifications and cost/no-cost options. No pricing yet, expecting that to be added by Monday.

We can now see what is included in the Base Edition and what is extra on the First Editions, plus what options are available on both. Lots of information to digest but it's looking promising so far. Of key interest is the First Edition showing Spring 2022 availability and the Base Edition being tagged as "available spring 2023". That looks like Lotus are doing a much longer FE run than we'd initially been expecting.
Forum members,

Today is a very special day.
The Emira pages on the Lotus site are in the process of being updated at the moment. Country/region versions of the pages are gradually updating so depending where you are you may see them now or not for a few hours. The UK pages are up and showing the Base Edition and First Edition specifications and cost/no-cost options. No pricing yet, expecting that to be added by Monday.

We can now see what is included in the Base Edition and what is extra on the First Editions, plus what options are available on both. Lots of information to digest but it's looking promising so far. Of key interest is the First Edition showing Spring 2022 availability and the Base Edition being tagged as "available spring 2023". That looks like Lotus are doing a much longer FE run than we'd initially been expecting.
Thank you Tom, your posting in the forum has been greatly helpful and informative.