Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
We are very conscious that we have not communicated with you directly yet regarding a final delivery date for your new Lotus Emira. We are continuing to experience delays in material supplies, several of which have proved to be greater than previously expected and this has resulted in a further slow down in our production volume ramp up for 2022. The good news is that the first cars are now in the final check out before being delivered to our first customers in the U.K. Our production line is now finishing cars every day.

In the next edition of Harry’s Garage, available online from 5pm this Sunday 16th October, Harry Metcalfe - also an Emira customer - takes a Hethel tour, and interviews with our MD Matt Windle for the latest production update. Please visit Harry's YouTube channel from Sunday 16th October from 5pm for the full episode from Harry which hopefully will be of interest.

With the latest parts supply schedules now confirmed, and production up and running - albeit at a slower rate than we had hoped - we have rescheduled our manufacturing plan and will be contacting each of our customers directly again in the next few days to advise further. Please be assured this is not a change of sequence but just a slowdown in the pace of our production ramp up.

However, with the first UK customers now going through the final checkout process and Agency demonstrators being shipped in the next few days, we will shortly be able to confirm delivery timescales for the forthcoming few weeks of customer deliveries.

Thank you for you continued patience and once again we will be in direct contact in the coming days.

Sincerely,

Geoff Dowding
Executive Director of Sales & Aftersales
Lotus Cars
37363_Lotus_LOGO_FOOTER%20STRIP%202.png

spice

Reaction score
Just received this .

Attachments

• C0895117-7A6A-4476-BE6E-9D11205E771E.jpeg
    C0895117-7A6A-4476-BE6E-9D11205E771E.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 24

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes lotus just sent out an email telling everybody there’s further delays with the production but they can watch the Harry’s garage video for an update

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
from the email..

"Please be assured this is not a change of sequence but just a slowdown in the pace of our production ramp up. "
yes as they have already CHANGED the sequence of production unfairly, so why would they now change it back again to how it was, to restore the balance of power... haha
It IS AT LEAST A BETTER EMAIL than most of the others, but its not at all clear when they see things as normalising as I guess they still simply dont know.

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Harry being used as a marketing tool :ROFLMAO:

Honestly this has been coming for along time hasnt it? When this whole Sept build/Oct delivery, Oct build/Sept delivery was announced, they should have just said we cannot specify timescales.

I find it interesting how they have waited for the first batch of UK confirmations to be processed prior to letting the rest know, they knew this delay ages ago. Where is the honesty?

Sirtreeman

Reaction score
Harry being used as a marketing tool :ROFLMAO:

Honestly this has been coming for along time hasnt it? When this whole Sept build/Oct delivery, Oct build/Sept delivery was announced, they should have just said we cannot specify timescales.

I find it interesting how they have waited for the first batch of UK confirmations to be processed prior to letting the rest know, they knew this delay ages ago. Where is the honesty?
My thoughts exactly

How inept can a Sales and marketing team be that they hide behind the skirts of an influencer?

I'd be saving myself some cash with a head rolling exercise

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Looks like we all got it,it's just another fancy way of saying "we still haven't got a clue,we know you're moaning on the forums about our incompetence but we don't want to say SOON either"

Clear as mud but pretty much reads a further delay,if not as bad as before

spice

Reaction score
To be fair the whole industry is suffering , I have a new Macan S sitting at the dealers on stop , waiting Bose and PCM parts , and my Range Rover order has been put back 6 months , I’m still looking forward to the Emira as much as when I Placed the order .

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
To be fair the whole industry is suffering , I have a new Macan S sitting at the dealers on stop , waiting Bose and PCM parts , and my Range Rover order has been put back 6 months , I’m still looking forward to the Emira as much as when I Placed the order .
Oh I am the same mate I am so excited, however just think that honest and regular comms should be mandatory.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It's far from perfect but it is at least some form of communication so we should at least be thankful of that, what they REALLY need to do now is follow it up with the more individual production estimate it promises.

VTECMatt

Reaction score
Oh I am the same mate I am so excited, however just think that honest and regular comms should be mandatory.

I guess if there is nothing to update it may come across as a pointless exercise so they can’t win either way. Subsequently people pull deposits.

If it was my company knowing the issues, I’d send out a monthly newsletter same date every month, include video snippets, interesting stats, stories etc, like meet Dave he has the job of…….

Porsche (12 months in) or Honda (9 months in) are doing zilch, don’t know about the others as don’t have orders in. I’ve had absolutely nothing from them, at least with Lotus I’ve had a call, two newsletters and good interaction with my dealer.