Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
ohhhhhh
thats not good!
Im not sure we can cancel that easilly though with the dealer... I am far from convinced also, its all a bit tiring ....
maybe I am just having a negative day after all, but as you say it is tiring not to have information, and when we have it, discover that it is delayed again and again. without much reasonable explanation
Let´s see what happens if anything before Christmas. 🤞

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Hear that also mate.
And I am still MASSIVELY excited for you 🙂 You will love it.
It's just a shame the last 18 months hasn't been handled differently by Lotus and there isn't that confidence in the brand going forwards. And I know that isn't applicable to everyone and it depends on individual circumstances. But at end of the day everyone who buys into a brand wants to feel appreciated and looked after, rich, poor or indifferent

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
maybe I am just having a negative day after all, but as you say it is tiring not to have information, and when we have it, discover that it is delayed again and again. without much reasonable explanation
Let´s see what happens if anything before Christmas. 🤞
i think u will have ur car for xmas..... i really.. kind of do..... but much depends on how many other EU cars get out there first.

buenas noches

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
And I am still MASSIVELY excited for you 🙂 You will love it.
It's just a shame the last 18 months hasn't been handled differently by Lotus and there isn't that confidence in the brand going forwards. And I know that isn't applicable to everyone and it depends on individual circumstances. But at end of the day everyone who buys into a brand wants to feel appreciated and looked after, rich, poor or indifferent
yes, I think if polestar started out this way, they would not have and will not get anywhere....

i like the new SUV..... but wont change....

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Doubtfull those are just sitting on the lot for MSRP. Those would have been swooped up. However they are correct in the market, more towards the 20% though, but the confirmations are slowly coming out the base could be a 100k car.
There is too much competition for this car to merit more than $100k

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
100%
Emira looks attractive at the moment with all of the inflated prices.
What happens when they normalise and consumers can get a 6 month old loaded Cayman GTS for £65k.
Especially if Emira prices then go up by 10-15%. I simply don't see them competing at that price point based on motoring reviews and consumer expectation
My feeling exactly, Lotus is price-limited by the competition.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Lotus is in the middle of a precarious situation.

1. Prioritizing non-UK cars. This has mostly to do with parts supply. However, I am of the opinion that any contracts made in USD with foreign dealer networks (asian/Latin America/North America etc.) are going to be prioritized at the moment. It makes logical sense as a business to take advantage of 10-15% profit increases on F/X. If you have ever been in board meetings these things are discussed and those kinds of percentages when we are talking about 100's of millions of dollars make a big difference.

2. Lotus CS has been told to not divulge any negative information at this time regarding delay's. They absolutely know what the current delay situation is. It's not being communicated. The situation is fluid, however does not seem to be improving. IMHO.

3. Directors of Logistics / Procurement / CS need to be re-evaluated as this level of supply problems is not normal, even in today's situation. 1,000's of employees work at Hethel to be producing under 10 cars a day (if that, seems less) after a year of delays means each vehicle is actually built at a loss to the company. Not sustainable, someone needs to be held accountable. At this pace, they will not hit any production targets next year.

4. Lotus is fully aware they have botched the roll out and are now working backwards. They are seeing a serious world wide recession unfolding, and depositors are now calling for refunds probably more often than deposits coming in. The worst situation possible is having these cars delivered to dealers and be sitting on lots unsold due to customers not taking delivery. They are purposely holding back test drives until they have fully grasped the situation and have a plan to combat this. I imagine they want customers that were thinking of flipping to drop out so that it does not worsen the situation. Not sure how they can do that without ticking off everyone.

5. Pricing... It is almost certain the only way to fix some of the problems is to increase pricing. This may deepen the problem (point 4) and just make the Emira another Evora situation. Sitting unsold and seemingly undesirable. Interest rates have steadily increased and today's CPI report from the US guarantees another two more rate increases to bring inflation under control at a minimum. (which will further strengthen the US dollar) Couple that with a 10-15% increase to the base price Emira and we are baking a cake that is not tasting as sweet. Bringing the i4 engine into competition with 718 4.0 flat 6's price will be an issue that auto reviewers will not over look. It will get absolutely blasted by every Auto Mag and YouTuber, since it's base starting MSRP was probably the main attraction for most (outside of the looks). The base V6 will be nearing base 911 money and will no longer be competitivly priced with GTS/F-type (the two cars Lotus has publicly said they are competing against through dealer training info)

6. The last ICE era. The competition from other auto manufacturers is going to increase significantly. The next year + we are going to see almost every auto marquee use this to their advantage. We are going to see some pretty cool cars come out as the designers for the last ICE models won't be holding back.

These are just my thoughts... I hope they got the right people at Lotus to figure this out and stop alienating their customers along the way.
They can't up the price for the Emira. Too much competition. And if the competition raises its price too then there won't be enough sales to justify the increase, in today's climate anyway!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They can't up the price for the Emira. Too much competition. And if the competition raises its price too then there won't be enough sales to justify the increase, in today's climate anyway!
I agree, this is a logical statement. I'm not sure if Lotus acts as logical. They removed pricing worldwide for a reason.

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ve had 4 exige mk2s and a number of Elise’s. Now I can honestly say that nothing ever went wrong ever and that’s not pampered occasional driving. We’re talking daily driving , Road trips to the Nurburgring, track days, rain, Snow everything. Spot on and cracking service from the then Christopher Neil (Oakmere) throughout ownership

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emailed my dealer this afternoon for an update on test drives or demos since it will be snowing here within a month or so. My paragraph got this response:

"I haven't heard anything yet."

Awesome, perfect.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I’ve had 4 exige mk2s and a number of Elise’s. Now I can honestly say that nothing ever went wrong ever and that’s not pampered occasional driving. We’re talking daily driving , Road trips to the Nurburgring, track days, rain, Snow everything. Spot on and cracking service from the then Christopher Neil (Oakmere) throughout ownership
Im sure you are correct, BUT... you must know this is not the general rule. I have sat in a brand new elise outside silverstone and the electric windows didnt work..
My own car, the boot didnt close and the gear change from 3 to 2 wasnt going to happen more than 1 in 4 times.
So yes, there are people on here with good experiences and those who forgive all the "little" faults, but quite simply you cannot make mass produced (more than a few thousand a year) cars and have these issues in a successful business. Porsches original basis was quality, testing to breaking point and that is what they were built on. Yes there will be people who have had those cars with issues, but its not about me, them, you...its about overall numbers and LOTUS has a bad reputation that is quite deserved I believe, but I HOPE they noow get rid of it, even at the expense of losing a bit of their edge, which will come back in their lower volume cars.... its simple in theory......

Norfolk hope

Reaction score
With first deliveries to UK based customers due for July, with it now being mid-June, I wondered if anyone has yet received notification of a delivery date yet?

I myself have been informed of an August delivery and with how things have gone so far I presume it will be end of August at best.

Nevertheless, mega excited regarding the Emira and looking forward to its appearance on TopGear this weekend!

** Mod Edit **
Updated info as of 7/29/2022
Does anyone know of anyone who isn’t a YouTuber or x-F1 driver who has taken delivery of an Emira? I signed up July 22 but feel no closer today of getting one than I did a year ago.

Rainier

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Looks like there will be a new video on 17:00 Sunday from Harry's Garage.

Looking forward to the video; though...🤔...

1665744770819.png

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Looks like there will be a new video on 17:00 Sunday from Harry's Garage.

Yes so He and Shimmmhe did get invites to go and see their "actual" cars being produced, and maybe others did too? Which means that they did jump the queue ahead of many of us, as well as the sept 9, not that any of this bothers me that much at this point, but with MW having told people this wouldn't happen and with it 100% not being due to spec as is rumoured, it just shows how truthful and transparent Lotus are with their customers............. not.
I will of course watch the video as I do all of his videos, BUT I will take all of that which comes out of Lotus's factory mouth with a cup of salt. I expect them to even go as far as to say they are very soooooon to be in the full swing of production. It will be interesting to see if they explain the exact reasons of LHD / RHD change over in production amongst other things which have never been clear.

Anyway, it will be one to watch.. and hence you would expect both Harry and Shimmmey to get their actual cars in about 10 days or so, surely...... and then reviews to follow shortly. Weird the SHimmey review never ever came...I can only assume that maybe he had an issue with the car... what other possible reason is there? No time to edit.. no way..... IT smells very much of something gone on behind the scenes to me, but again, we may never know the truth, as with many things. Like this mystery info from the Americans...from 3 weeks ago.... very strange, maybe Lotus put a block on them? They could at least say something....
I do however feel that a real customer, not a youtuber should get the very first RHD car and they should make a song and dance about it, and a similar factory tour, free of charge obviously, but I'd also prefer this to happen if they were ready to make 10-20 and not just 3 or 4. Perhaps this will happen... but it certianly looks like the press are being treated like kings and the customers are being treated like turds...