Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
News just in....

I spoke with CS - They said that they are now sending out around 3 checkout emails per day. This is up from 1 a day a couple of weeks ago.

Also, at this point they are still unaware of anyone who has then received their actual car (post PDI). This was mentioned as some of the earlier people already through checkout are now getting restless/excited...

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Exactly the reason why I’ve canceled my Lotus Eletre and Emira orders. Will never buy a Lotus again. Goodbye 👋🏽 and I’m sure they don’t give a rats ass about me leaving either. Which says exactly for what the company stands for in itself.
oh well?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Incidentally, without wishing to offend, do you speak Spanish with a Midlands accent? I ask because I knew a Flemish Belgian lady in Spain who spent a number of years running a cafe in the Midlands, had excellent English, but with a Midlands accent! I've always wondered whether her Spanish, at which she was very good, also had a Midlands accent, but my limited Spanish wasn't good enough to determine.
no offence taken... well not much.....
I dont have a midlands accent, not because I am posh, but maybe as my parents are irish and I have lived later in life in a few places, or from friends at school... but I have a neutral accent, no one would know where I am from I would say.
Hence, in short.. no... no spanish midlands black (DV lotus talk) country accent... but yes a uk accent

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
only one small correction, as far as I understood, the dealer in Spain will have two cars, not three.
one demo and one showroom.
First to arrive supposedly is the magma red manual, due for mid October, and no news as of today.
Second one is Shadow Auto, postponed sine die.
What I don't understand, is why they send five cars to one dealer in Germany and a few to Belgium and Holland, over the last two months, and not even one demo with similar specs to the only dealer they have in Spain.
Surely cannot be because of LHD parts missing, looks to me more like a lack of control over the logistics in this specific case, or they don't give a shit about the only dealer they have for a whole country.
The rest about those three cars sitting in Germany, I agree with you, makes no sense.
Ok. I was certainly told 3 cars several months back, but yes that could have changed due to limited supply... in fact I believe it was lotus requesting them to take 3 cars, but then when Lotus could NOT even make the cars, perhaps they withdrew that obligation.

The reason Spain wont get cars before the others is simply market share.... Historically Germany, Italy, France, Holland and even Belgium, with like 23 people living there, have all bought far far far far more lotus cars and probably any brand of sports car, than in Spain.
I can back this argument up with some actual facts, which makes a change from my usual approach of winging it and basic guess work, which I class as "Gary Logic", which is very similar to sherlock holmes, in that its fictional.
If you look on AUTOSCOUT for a used Porsche Spyder across EU, you will get an idea of Spains credentials, where Porsche also give cars based on previous sales.
SPAIN normally has NONE..and I mean for 2 years Ive not seen any, but as of the moment there are 4, however one is a cayman so doesnt really count, one is an importer, likewise and so there are 2. Belgium has 8, Italy 40 (they include cars that are also not spyders, but probably 10-20 that are), France 7 even with taxes killing the market, Holland 150-160k 5...crazy.
So in a country where Porsche gives the entire dealer network about 6 or 7 spyders a year, its not that surprising, but agree its annoying, that Spain is last.
However, you can be happy in the knowledge that you will undoubtedly get your Emira before 99% of those in the UK!..... ironic...

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
LOL! I always joke (well I laugh) when my wife speaks Farsi to her family. She was born in the UK, but has tons of Iranian family. When she speaks Farsi, I say it's like me speaking French with a Birmingham accent!
ok ok ok thats enough of the Birmingham / Midlands jokes... haha..
dont forget this is the home of Jaguar, Landrover, BSA (Birmingham Small Arms), many F1 teams historically, Rover (not a great example, but could have been worse).

"Did you know that the West Midlands is home to Britain’s first ever car factory?
In the 1890s engineer Frederick Simms and astute businessman Harry J Lawson established the Daimler Motor Company Limited.

Its head office was in London, but manufacturing was done in Coventry - on the site of a former cotton spinning mill in Radford, now an urban village known as Daimler Green."
Austin, Triumph.... factories galore...
THe start of the industrial revolution and 80's music legends...
Duran Duran.... UB40 (sister went to school with one of them), Led Zeplin..
Ok, I'd like to see another world city that has done so much for so many...... and thats all part of the reason why I'm not there, I dont do bugger all for anyone, unless your a blue merle border collie or a tricolour australian sheppard. :)

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I want to say I am surprised, but after the last few months this was almost expected. Lotus are putting out fires from all directions.

It is a painful wait, but in all honesty I'm not sure I would want these first month batch cars anyways. I have zero confidence that these are being screwed together with care. Generally a company's ethos towards its customers is the same effort they put into their products. I hope I am wrong for the sake of everyone that got a checkout e-mail.
I don't agree with this logic and hope you are wrong!

What if we had gotten the cars in the Spring as originally expected.
Lotus have had half a year to get things even better than they would have been so I am actually MORE optimistic the car will be absolutely fine. Remember too, that they have done hundreds of thousands of miles now in an extended shakedown. Keep the faith!

Yes. I have my optimistic hat on today :D

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
ok ok ok thats enough of the Birmingham / Midlands jokes... haha..
dont forget this is the home of Jaguar, Landrover, BSA (Birmingham Small Arms), many F1 teams historically, Rover (not a great example, but could have been worse).

"Did you know that the West Midlands is home to Britain’s first ever car factory?
In the 1890s engineer Frederick Simms and astute businessman Harry J Lawson established the Daimler Motor Company Limited.

Its head office was in London, but manufacturing was done in Coventry - on the site of a former cotton spinning mill in Radford, now an urban village known as Daimler Green."
Austin, Triumph.... factories galore...
THe start of the industrial revolution and 80's music legends...
Duran Duran.... UB40 (sister went to school with one of them), Led Zeplin..
Ok, I'd like to see another world city that has done so much for so many...... and thats all part of the reason why I'm not there, I dont do bugger all for anyone, unless your a blue merle border collie or a tricolour australian sheppard. :)
😂 love it

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ok. I was certainly told 3 cars several months back, but yes that could have changed due to limited supply... in fact I believe it was lotus requesting them to take 3 cars, but then when Lotus could NOT even make the cars, perhaps they withdrew that obligation.

The reason Spain wont get cars before the others is simply market share.... Historically Germany, Italy, France, Holland and even Belgium, with like 23 people living there, have all bought far far far far more lotus cars and probably any brand of sports car, than in Spain.
I can back this argument up with some actual facts, which makes a change from my usual approach of winging it and basic guess work, which I class as "Gary Logic", which is very similar to sherlock holmes, in that its fictional.
If you look on AUTOSCOUT for a used Porsche Spyder across EU, you will get an idea of Spains credentials, where Porsche also give cars based on previous sales.
SPAIN normally has NONE..and I mean for 2 years Ive not seen any, but as of the moment there are 4, however one is a cayman so doesnt really count, one is an importer, likewise and so there are 2. Belgium has 8, Italy 40 (they include cars that are also not spyders, but probably 10-20 that are), France 7 even with taxes killing the market, Holland 150-160k 5...crazy.
So in a country where Porsche gives the entire dealer network about 6 or 7 spyders a year, its not that surprising, but agree its annoying, that Spain is last.
However, you can be happy in the knowledge that you will undoubtedly get your Emira before 99% of those in the UK!..... ironic...
Fair enough, at this stage I am not sure I want Emira anymore, happy with Evora, and DB9, and SVR...

fatjase

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just talked to my mate and he asked the question.
Where is your car ?
I gave him the latest info, he laughed and said, I think they want you to cancell and then sell them for overs at the dealers.
Never thought about that.
I wouldn't be surprised, my mate had his 718 GT4 for 3 weeks, sold it back to his Porsche dealer for a £5k profit against a 991.1 GT3 he bought off them. They sold the GT4 on for another £10k on top of the price they paid him for it. He has a 718 Spyder on order and when that arrives will probably do the same and at that point he will of done the required number of deals with his dealership to be invited on the 992 GT3 list. Dealers are happy to encourage the flip as they can make some very serious profits and easily.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough, at this stage I am not sure I want Emira anymore, happy with Evora, and DB9, and SVR...
ohhhhhh
thats not good!
Im not sure we can cancel that easilly though with the dealer... I am far from convinced also, its all a bit tiring ....

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don't agree with this logic and hope you are wrong!

What if we had gotten the cars in the Spring as originally expected.
Lotus have had half a year to get things even better than they would have been so I am actually MORE optimistic the car will be absolutely fine. Remember too, that they have done hundreds of thousands of miles now in an extended shakedown. Keep the faith!

Yes. I have my optimistic hat on today :D
Tell me one thing that has gotten better since the spring? Lotus related or not?

In all honesty I actually do hope I am wrong and would love if your right about this. I'm still getting one... eventually.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Seriously without even being a complete dick about it. I hope you get your car and DONT experience the same sort of indifference long standing members of the Lotus community are experiencingright now (and we are talking decades here) when something inevitably either goes wrong with your car or you are simply treated like a commodity as part of your customer journey with the brand.
Good luck and Bon Nuit

Last edited:

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Seriously without even being a complete dick about it. I hope you get your car (as well as other other butter wouldn't melt Lotus advocates do) and DONT experience the same sort of indifference long standing members of the Lotus community are experiencingright now (and we are talking decades here) when something inevitably either goes wrong with your car or you are simply treated like a commodity as part of your customer journey with the brand.
Good luck and Bon Nuit
What do you mean, something inevitably going wrong?
My Evora boot opens, my boot doesn't let water in and go mouldy, my drivers door doesn't let water all over the sill when it rains, the reversing camera works, I can always unlock my doors, my indicator doesn't need a whack from time to time, my paintwork has never peeled, my lights actually light up dark roads, my windscreen washers reach further up the screen than 3 inches, the carpet isn't falling apart.

Erm

Oops

But, you know what. The way it drives. That's all I care about.

Now, I know I'm one of the very few so far, and that makes it more difficult to write this, because it makes me look like a smug m€%$©`r, and I don't want that.
I honestly love the drive, and taking it on the track is awesome.

I do expect the Emira to be a better build, but also expect the L.O.T.U.S. Thing to hit at some point.

I've said it before, I can't afford it.
I WILL feel good in it.

That's it. Port & Brandy rant done.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
What do you mean, something inevitably going wrong?
My Evora boot opens, my boot doesn't let water in and go mouldy, my drivers door doesn't let water all over the sill when it rains, the reversing camera works, I can always unlock my doors, my indicator doesn't need a whack from time to time, my paintwork has never peeled, my lights actually light up dark roads, my windscreen washers reach further up the screen than 3 inches, the carpet isn't falling apart.

Erm

Oops

But, you know what. The way it drives. That's all I care about.

Now, I know I'm one of the very few so far, and that makes it more difficult to write this, because it makes me look like a smug m€%$©`r, and I don't want that.
I honestly love the drive, and taking it on the track is awesome.

I do expect the Emira to be a better build, but also expect the L.O.T.U.S. Thing to hit at some point.

I've said it before, I can't afford it.
I WILL feel good in it.

That's it. Port & Brandy rant done.
I simply mean if this is the level of indifference now, wait til something goes wrong. No more, no less.
As I said I'm not being a dick just a realist.
There is a reason long standing Lotus customers who have been ambassadors for the brand over the past 30 years and have seen Lotus at their worst have been dropping out of deposits

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I simply mean if this is the level of indifference now, wait til something goes wrong. No more, no less.
As I said I'm not being a dick just a realist.
There is a reason long standing Lotus customers who have been ambassadors for the brand over the past 30 years and have seen Lotus at their worst have been dropping out of deposits
I hear ya Leonard.