Alternate configurator renders of the other 4 FE colors

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
    Featured
@Eagle7, I really feel for you with that red... emulating it is a true bugger. Those Evora shots are pretty telling, even though they're in cloudy conditions. The highlights in the Fire Red almost don't have any colour at all... perhaps the metallic fleck is silver?

Anyway, I took your top render and Photoshop-replaced the red only next to the side view of the Evora. Slightly bluer hue (but not much), heaps more saturation, heaps lower brightness. Then I sucked the crimson out of the highlights.

Sadly, it's not a bright candy-apple red, but still quite classy. I wonder if this is closer?

View attachment 1725
How' this?

Magma Test 2.png

Magma Test 2a.png

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’m just imagining the poor Lotus intern that’s monitoring the configurator and telling the paint department what to expect and order. Hahaha

8 car sample:
Monday - 7 blues and 1 green
Tuesday - 3 yellow and 5 red
Wednesday - 8 shadow grey
Thursday - 8 nimbus
Friday - 5 yellow and 3 camo

Poor kid.

Hahaha

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

3MIRA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Kudos

I just wish that Lotus who will be monitoring the forums, will make green verdant lighter.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That pairing of verdant green with red interior and bright wheels is actually really appealing. Not sure I would have ever considered it and might have discounted it as “Christmasy”. But it’s quite striking. One might even say “italianesque”. Nice.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That pairing of verdant green with red interior and bright wheels is actually really appealing. Not sure I would have ever considered it and might have discounted it as “Christmasy”. But it’s quite striking. One might even say “italianesque”. Nice.
A colour scheme made famous on a previous Lotus by Jim Clark...
car-for-sale-1967-lo-5_800x0w.jpg

(but more Lotus Racing Green than Verdant)

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Oh you guys don't need to pay me for any of these, though I truly appreciate the thought. Maybe if we can all get together at a national meet in the next couple of years or so, I'll take you guys up on a coffee or two.

View attachment 1695
View attachment 1696
View attachment 1691
View attachment 1692
View attachment 1693
View attachment 1694
could you add same yellow above (yellow calipers, tan seats) but just with black pack please - Ive seen it down below but not with the tan seats and I’m terrible at swapping things in my mind! I think I’ve made my mind up … maybe.

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
could you add same yellow above (yellow calipers, tan seats) but just with black pack please - Ive seen it down below but not with the tan seats and I’m terrible at swapping things in my mind! I think I’ve made my mind up … maybe.
PaulP 1a.png

PaulP 2a.png

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I would imagine that filling her up at an American gas station will be considerably cheaper than doing it in a British petrol station , and no eating any twinkies in her as the crumb’s will get everywhere 😀
I actually remember those days when there were gas wars. I remember my parents talking about it. In Southern California at that time there used to be gas stations right across from each other on the corners of intersections. The lowest price I remember seeing was 18 cents a gallon at a Flying A station because my dad was talking about it as we pulled in for gas. The Mobilgas across the street was 19 cents. We had a 56 Chevy which my parents had bought new.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I actually remember those days when there were gas wars. I remember my parents talking about it. In Southern California at that time there used to be gas stations right across from each other on the corners of intersections. The lowest price I remember seeing was 18 cents a gallon at a Flying A station because my dad was talking about it as we pulled in for gas. The Mobilgas across the street was 19 cents. We had a 56 Chevy which my parents had bought new.
Jaw drop alert: gas fell to a low of $1.56 a gallon two years ago when Energy Independence occurred.

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've recently become of fan or Rolex watches (especially after buying one). For the uninitiated, the market comes up with fun names for each watch based on the colorways - the Pepsi, the Kermit, the Hulk, the Bruiser etc and so on.

In keeping with that tradition, I dub this colorway "the Ronald McDonald" (keeping in mind that I love it).
ronald.png
mcdonald.jpeg