OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
    Featured
Would you please Yellow without black pack and then blue with and without black pack. At least this 3/4 view as seen above, but whatever you can post.

(silver wheels, yellow calipers, tan interior just like above)

And is there a PayPal link or some way we can show you some love other than all our “likes”? I really appreciate and admire your talent and willingness to help us all out!
Oh you guys don't need to pay me for any of these, though I truly appreciate the thought. Maybe if we can all get together at a national meet in the next couple of years or so, I'll take you guys up on a coffee or two.

PaulP 5.png

PaulP 6.png

PaulP 1.png

PaulP 2.png

PaulP 3.png

PaulP 4.png

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@Eagle7 stunning work and as stated before puts Lotus to shame for their renders to date.

Like others on here I’m now in a quandary which colour to go for :LOL:
  • The red is definitely out as too burgundy for my personal taste.
  • If the yellow was metallic it would win hands down. I’m just not sure if loses some of the curves / features in a flat colour. Hmmmm
  • Nimbus is pure class
  • Verdant wasn’t even on my radar until your renders and the one with gold wheels, oh my :love:
  • Blue is my current confirmed choice , but this thread has me questioning that now. Damn you :ROFLMAO:

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
After seeing the green in person in Austin, I was 100% for Nimbus. Now I’m waffling between:

Green, black pack, black wheels, yellow calipers, tan interior (original deposit has this code)

Nimbus, black pack, black wheels, red calipers, black interior (leather or alcantara). I’d do red leather, but it would come with a divorce….

I dislike silver wheels and trim - love the black cockpit look.

@Eagle7 - if you have the time, can you render these two please?
The thing with Dark Verdant is it's so dark, the Black Pack is almost not noticeable. The only thing you'd really notice is the black lettering on the rear and the black exhaust tips.
fishman76092 1.png

fishman76092 2.png

fishman76092 3.png

fishman76092 4.png

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Holy cow, I hope that new red isn’t right. It’s almost brown :(
It probably isn't. That color has been a real bear to get right. I'm still working on it though, so hang in there. I'm having to tweak all the colors due to the way the new renderer handles them, so I'm going through them one by one.

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Eagle7

This is superb a fantastic effort for all us still scratching our heads, I've always been Seneca blue but now really considering Nimbus grey, may I ask what colour scheme you have gone for?
I'm going for Dark Verdant, no black pack, silver wheels, yellow calipers and tan leather interior. Very traditional but I like it.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've spent a good hour and a half futzing with Magma trying to get it to match the photos of the color samples on the planforms. This is as close as I've been able to get so far, but I'm still not entirely happy with it. It may still be too dark, but here it is.

View attachment 1685
View attachment 1686
View attachment 1687
View attachment 1688
View attachment 1689
View attachment 1690
I don't think they are correct, the sample was very close to fire red, these look close to the old configurator colour.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If we're all playing, how about Hethel Yellow, Black Pack, Gloss Black Wheels, Red Callipers, Alcantara with Yellow stitch please? ;)

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Good morning Nick

Thank you for your email,

Lotus will be releasing images of complete production models in the new year, to ensure customers are then able to see difference coloured models.

Once these have been complete, we will be uploading them via the lotus cars website. We will also reach out to all customers to advise them accordingly.

In the meantime, If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will do our utmost to help.

Kind regards,

Jamie

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If we're all playing, how about Hethel Yellow, Black Pack, Gloss Black Wheels, Red Callipers, Alcantara with Yellow stitch please? ;)
Well - same spec, but no black pack and yellow callipers (just to see) @Eagle7 thankyou so much for these

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Using a new rendering engine. This one is better with lights and shadows and color bounce. I also changed out the earthen texture on the floor to a generic asphalt texture.

View attachment 1680
View attachment 1681

View attachment 1682

View attachment 1683View attachment 1684
@Eagle7, fantastic. Thank you.

The level of detail is stunning, especially the headlights. (y)

I thought I had it all figured out but now these renders have made me rethink my choices, and made it much harder to settle on a configuration, especially with regards to the wheels. :unsure:

@DJW, have to agree with you. If only the yellow was metallic or pearlescent, it would have been the obvious choice.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Eagle7, fantastic. Thank you.

The level of detail is stunning, especially the headlights. (y)

I thought I had it all figured out but now these renders have made me rethink my choices, and made it much harder to settle on a configuration, especially with regards to the wheels. :unsure:

@DJW, have to agree with you. If only the yellow was metallic or pearlescent, it would have been the obvious choice.
Both - promise you - you will only see a difference close up with the yellow. My exige is saffron (very close to Hethel) - my friend has metallic on his s1 - you only see difference close up - in photos, you can't spot it..

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Both - promise you - you will only see a difference close up with the yellow. My exige is saffron (very close to Hethel) - my friend has metallic on his s1 - you only see difference close up - in photos, you can't spot it..
Excellent. Very good to hear this.

That is settled then - I will have my 6th yellow car and the 4th in a solid colour. :)

Smegatron

Reaction score

I could notice a big difference between the sample and the yellow (I think maybe liquid yellow?) Exige that was in Bell & Colvill. Perhaps its also a different shade, but if the yellow was like the one on the Exige I would for it without thinking, as it is the yellow is not an option for me.

There's also the fact you are paying top £££ for a first edition and typically metallics would be the more expensive option.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I could notice a big difference between the sample and the yellow (I think maybe liquid yellow?) Exige that was in Bell & Colvill. Perhaps its also a different shade, but if the yellow was like the one on the Exige I would for it without thinking, as it is the yellow is not an option for me.

There's also the fact you are paying top £££ for a first edition and typically metallics would be the more expensive option.
Was the yellow you saw at Bell & Colvill similar to the following, which is Renault's Liquid Yellow (code TEJ37)? It is a fabulous pearlescent paint but is a real pain to match and get right?
IMG_0692 (Large).JPG