3rd Call from Lotus delivery dates for UK

It appears that Lotus is communicating with the dealers now.

I've just been updated that my car will be delivered in June, this will be in the first batch so there wont be any customer cars in May
No futher deposit in the new year is required.
Spec will be locked down as well as any finance options in new year.
4 weeks before delivery all paperwork to be signed.
The car can be delivered direct to your home or to the dealership of your choice.

I've just been updated that my car will be delivered in June, this will be in the first batch so there wont be any customer cars in May
The car can be delivered direct to your home or to the dealership of your choice.
Very interesting - thanks for the update. When did you pay your first deposit?

Good idea to deliver to your home.

Direct is the new retailing model, hence why the deposits were paid direct to Lotus. It's customer choice whether to involve a dealer, which obviously a lot of people will. They get an agency fee for handling the delivery and handover if you do, rather than commission on the sale.

I also had my call today. June delivery. I questioned “spring delivery” but told first cars June. As NickR stated all payment terms etc in Jan. Still exciting even if another 6 month wait….

Just a thought seeing as Lotus will only realistically be selling one model……… If the dealers can be cut out of the loop altogether and we just go through direct sales, doesn’t it make being a Lotus dealer utterly pointless? It makes the thought of aftersales something of a worry.

Dealers will still be doing most of the servicing. And remember Lotus has a 5-model strategy, one new one per year.

The Type 132 SUV EV launches next year and has target volumes much higher than Emira, then another 3 cars to follow.

Direct will be an option but many will still buy through dealers. Dealers will be busy, and are expecting a return on the investment Lotus is asking them to make into dealerships.

Dealers will still be doing most of the servicing. And remember Lotus has a 5-model strategy, one new one per year.

The Type 132 SUV EV launches next year and has target volumes much higher than Emira, then another 3 cars to follow.

Direct will be an option but many will still buy through dealers. Dealers will be busy, and are expecting a return on the investment Lotus is asking them to make into dealerships.
That’s good to hear, after the way the guys at Central have been so far, I’d hate to see them not prosper from this.

Its a strange new world when SUV’s are the saviour of so many niche brands but we all know what the Cayenne did for Porsche.

I still want to deal with my dealer B&C. I have had good service from them and it’s nice having a relationship with the dealer. I am sure Lotus would be fine to deal with direct but less personal.