Best delivery options. (UK customers)

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
In order to avoid any further delays does anyone have any thoughts on where to get your vehicle delivered?

1) Hethel
2) Dealer of choice (B&C)
3) Home delivery (East Sussex)

I’m pretty happy getting it any which way. I’m not overly keen on the fanfare but I also don’t wan’t to be a grinch and miss out!!!

Will having it delivered to home miss out on the reveal spectacle? Could a dealer delivery pick up any extra issues and rectify them? Would the dealer also be grateful for the involvement? Would having it collected at Hethel slow things down?

I know what Lotus will say, they are all the same and the choices won’t affect timings… given all the delays so far I’m not convinced… I’m part of the Sep 9 / Oct 409 / Nov 1000 hence why I want to keep delays to a min!

Thoughts?

I have been having the same thoughts!

I've heard that Hethel collection may mean a delay depending on how many handovers they have to do but for an early delivery it might be fine. Customer Care told me today there shouldn't be any difference in delivery times for dealer or home. I asked specifically because I live about 3 hours north of the most northerly dealer in the UK so thought a home delivery could delay things, but apparently not! Home delivery might miss out on some of the whole dealer experience/reveal, but I'm hoping if it comes in a covered transporter it will be really cool to see it unloaded in front of you and then it is there good to go!

If you're in the first 2-3 months of UK deliveries then there will potentially be a longer wait to get a date for Hethel pickup. That's because they can only do a (fairly small) fixed number each day and the demand amongst initial customers is high for Hethel pickup.

Home delivery depends on scheduling you into a transporter round, so could be sooner or later depending on where you live, who else is included on a round and whether they use a 1, 2 or 4 car transporter.

Dealer deliveries will be frequent, I'm assuming weekly.

So for a delivery in the first few months I think the quickest will be dealer, then home, then Hethel.

Experience-wise, I think Hethel will be fun (but it's a long way from Sussex), B&C will do a great job of prep and reveal. Home delivery could be a bit of an event, depending on where you live and how you feel about the whole street seeing your new car being unloaded!

As I understand it the dealer gets something for doing the handover. They seem keen to be involved in the conversations I've had, and I'm planning a dealer handover - partly for the new car reveal thing (still a novelty for me) and partly to ensure the dealer gets something for the time they've spent with me.

Go Home delivery and the moment the Lotus truck arrives! It will be worth it just seeing it roll down the ramp!

I am planning to get it delivered to my PPF wrapper. Have already discussed it with them. Plan is to do do a delivery inspection together. They can do proper analysis on the paint to check depth, consistency, any re sprays/ touch ups, etc. before handover.

And then, paint correction, polishing, PPF and ceramic - before I get the chance to do any damage ;)

In order to avoid any further delays does anyone have any thoughts on where to get your vehicle delivered?

1) Hethel

I’m pretty happy getting it any which way. I’m not overly keen on the fanfare but I also don’t wan’t to be a grinch and miss out!!!

Will having it delivered to home miss out on the reveal spectacle? Could a dealer delivery pick up any extra issues and rectify them? Would the dealer also be grateful for the involvement? Would having it collected at Hethel slow things down?

I know what Lotus will say, they are all the same and the choices won’t affect timings… given all the delays so far I’m not convinced… I’m part of the Sep 9 / Oct 409 / Nov 1000 hence why I want to keep delays to a min!

Thoughts?
I was planning on collection from factory , but i do want to delay enjoying the car any longer than necessary.
my chosen dealer is Silverstone Lotus.

1) Hethel

Thoughts?
The last time I spoke with CS they said home delivery is the quickest as all cars have PDI by British Car Auctions at Oxford and then distributed. Thus dealer delivery adds delay unless you are there when the truck arrives!

If you are part of the blessed 9, and IF they actually get you your car this month, which I think they will, then logically in terms of Hethel, there SHOULD not be a queue as you are part of the lesser 9 and not part of the who the hell knows how many if any October, so I am pretty sure logic dictates there will be no delay on a Hethel happy handover and in fact, for their marketing purposes, you would think LOTUS would want this and may make a bit of a fan fair there! If not, then they really have lost the plot.

Otherwise, I have personally seen a lotus roll off the delivery truck outside "my" house and hmmmm.... cant say as its in my top 5 10 15 20 50 memories to be honest. I'd say the benefit of the dealer checking the car over and you doing the same then potentially leaving it there ifffff there were any issues, outweighs an instagram photo at home.

Plus if your wife drives you there and you drive it home alone, it kind of starts that separation process, "this is mine, dont ever touch it, its for me and me alone, you take the focus home or the van, bus, whatever, but you're not coming in this."
Final thought, my dealer is also a Maclaren, Lambo, Bentley dealer and to be honest, the fan fair there would not be fare at all and in fact I would feel like a second class citizen as although we tell ourselves this is a mini super car, Im sorry, but park it along side a long tail short arse what have you and I honestly dont see it feeling too special for too long, not to burst any bubbles, but it is what it is, a great looking sports car, but NOT a super car, but thats ok, I'd feel a plonker in a super car anyway :)

The last time I spoke with CS they said home delivery is the quickest as all cars have PDI by British Car Auctions at Oxford and then distributed. Thus dealer delivery adds delay unless you are there when the truck arrives!
Thank you for that useful information , i was not aware of this.

delay what delays.... have you gone mad... lotus and delay dont go together at all.......think....HS2

Back