Anymore 3rd Call from Lotus

JXJ

Reaction score
Hi, has there been any 3rd calls from Lotus for UK deposits post 11th July?

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was curious to know the same. It’s gone very quiet in the couple of threads I keep an eye on. No comms from Lotus with delivery expectations which is a bit disappointing given they’ve 5k of our money and as yet nothing official to say it won’t be “spring” as originally stated.

I had settled on a late autumn delivery after reading these forums but hoped by now I’d have something from the horses mouth, even if an estimate.

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Some folks from the 12th of July have had third phone calls and been allocated August deliveries, to my knowledge there's nothing after that allocated though

OP
JXJ

JXJ

Reaction score
I have seen on other posts initial September delivery updated to earlier August slots. I was hoping this would mean post 11th July depositors would potentially see deliveries starting August/September

Tom E do you have any insight for delivery schedule improvements?

Last edited:

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was curious to know the same. It’s gone very quiet in the couple of threads I keep an eye on. No comms from Lotus with delivery expectations which is a bit disappointing given they’ve 5k of our money and as yet nothing official to say it won’t be “spring” as originally stated.

I had settled on a late autumn delivery after reading these forums but hoped by now I’d have something from the horses mouth, even if an estimate.
Still waiting for any kind of update or information from Lotus. Is this seemingly the standard for everyone else too?

Nothing since November that I recall, aside from the generic finance email.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That seems to be the situation for everyone. They were supposed to start the contact process for UK i4 and post 12 July V6 FE deposits on 8 April. But no contact and no update on timing.

I guess it’s linked to the delay to June deliveries and them needing to reschedule everyone and communicate that.

Some i4 people have contacted Customer Care and been emailed their personalised link to do config and pay second deposit.

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That seems to be the situation for everyone. They were supposed to start the contact process for UK i4 and post 12 July V6 FE deposits on 8 April. But no contact and no update on timing.

I guess it’s linked to the delay to June deliveries and them needing to reschedule everyone and communicate that.

Some i4 people have contacted Customer Care and been emailed their personalised link to do config and pay second deposit.
Thanks Tom

My 1st deposit for the FE V6 was July 23rd, 4th Nov 2nd deposit.

I’ll await more news - just wanted to check it wasn’t just me who was in the dark!

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
October delivery confirmed this morning via email, order placed morning of 13th July. 😀 Excited
Yes, same here. After complete silence for months, my email says it should be ready October with November delivery. I’m taking that with a little bit of caution given the auto industry component challenges but it’s nice to know it’s coming relatively soon after all.

OP
JXJ

JXJ

Reaction score
For me September completion October delivery when did you place your deposit?

OP
JXJ

JXJ

Reaction score
Exciting some news at last 😀

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

I assume paying 2nd deposit earlier doesn’t make it further up the queue or getting the car sooner.

So my 2nd deposit will remain in my piggy bank, take my time to decide my spec & colour, or even wait for the BE prices ….. as I am in zero rush for my Emira… heck, might even fit in a factory tour before confirming my spec!

Reactions: DJS

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
1st deposit 8am 15th July, email today confirming Sept build/Oct handover - need to lock in final spec by 6th May
Haha...same...I was a first deposit down 14 July evening slot...now pondering whether to convert from DV to Nimbus so I can actually admire those beautiful curves in all light conditions.

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Haha...same...I was a first deposit down 14 July evening slot...now pondering whether to convert from DV to Nimbus so I can actually admire those beautiful curves in all light conditions.
Funnily enough I’ve been DV all along, but now drawn to Magma following the dealer day photos - doing the tour on 16th, but will be locked in by then 🤯 Do appreciate this is a first world problem 😂

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I assume paying 2nd deposit earlier doesn’t make it further up the queue or getting the car sooner.

So my 2nd deposit will remain in my piggy bank, take my time to decide my spec & colour, or even wait for the BE prices ….. as I am in zero rush for my Emira… heck, might even fit in a factory tour before confirming my spec!
That's right, build slot is primarily based on date of first deposit - that gets you into a build month. Within that month people could be out of strict date order, as there is some batching to optimise production.

By the time you factor in transport to different dealers (or home) and PDI it's going to be within a few weeks rather than in exact day by day order.

Reactions: DJS

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That's right, build slot is primarily based on date of first deposit - that gets you into a build month. Within that month people could be out of strict date order, as there is some batching to optimise production.

By the time you factor in transport to different dealers (or home) and PDI it's going to be within a few weeks rather than in exact day by day order.
Speaking of which - and I appreciate this may not yet be known - I’m undecided between home delivery and dealer collection. I’d like a bit of fanfare! If it’s at home and driven out the back of a Lotus truck, nice. If the dealer is going to help me enjoy the handover experience more, then that would be best.

Maybe I’m asking too much!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Speaking of which - and I appreciate this may not yet be known - I’m undecided between home delivery and dealer collection. I’d like a bit of fanfare! If it’s at home and driven out the back of a Lotus truck, nice. If the dealer is going to help me enjoy the handover experience more, then that would be best.

Maybe I’m asking too much!
Ask your dealer what they plan to do for handover. Many will stick a cover over it and do a reveal, take photos, take you through the car's controls and infotainment etc.

Home delivery is by the new Lotus logistics partner and I doubt it'll be a Lotus-liveried transporter. The old logistics partner's transporters used to take cars to dealers weren't branded. We don't have any details yet of what the handover involves but I'd expect it includes a short briefing on the controls or maybe some sort of online guide. They are developing online training for the dealers so you'd think they could do a version for customers. I suspect it'll be more transactional than a dealer handover.