2022 Lotus Emira packages and colors detailed along with European pricing

Lotus-Emira-First-Edition-Configurator_Magma-Red.jpeg

Lotus just dropped all the nitty gritty details on the Emira First Edition, and it even provided European pricing. Unfortunately, we’re being told to wait for official U.S. pricing information, but this gives us a general idea of what to expect.

We’ll start this off by letting you know that an Emira First Edition is fully loaded up with options, making it extra expensive. Europeans will be paying €95,995 for the model, and in case you’re in the U.K., your price is £75,995. The Euro equivalent is $112,000 at today’s exchange rates, while the pound sterling equivalent is about $104,000. Without U.S.-specific pricing available yet, it’s impossible to nail down an exact figure. That said, expect it to be around $100,000 or a little more for the Emira First Edition here.

Lotus tells us what you get for your First Edition money, too. It specifies that this model is the “V6 First Edition,” because a not-yet-detailed “i4” First Edition is coming late next year to launch the AMG-sourced four-cylinder model. The V6 comes with the six-speed manual transmission standard. It also adds the available 20-inch forged alloy wheels with a diamond-cut two-tone finish and two-piece brake discs with branded calipers.

A bunch of optional packages are fitted as standard with the First Edition. You get the Lower Black Pack, which gives you a glossy black paint finish for the front bumper air blades, front splitter, side sills and rear diffuser. The Drivers Pack gives you the choice between the Tour or Sport suspension (Sport is slightly stiffer). Tour comes with Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport tires, and Sport comes with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s.

The standard Design Pack adds privacy glass, sports pedals, Lotus-branded floor mats, a black Alcantara headliner and the choice of brake calipers in a few different colors. The Convenience Pack then adds front parking sensors, rain-sensing wipers with aero blades, auto-dimming mirrors and a rear luggage storage set. In Europe, this last pack also adds a reverse camera, but that will be standard equipment in the U.S. by law.

You can add even more money to the Emira First Edition’s price by opting for the full Black Pack (an extra £1,200 or €1,370). This coats a number of other exterior parts in glossy black paint including the roof, mirrors, Lotus badge and exhaust finisher. Lastly, an automatic transmission is available for £1,800 or €2,600, but that’s one you should skip.

Lotus says the V6 First Edition will be offered in six colors: Seneca Blue, Magma Red, Hethel Yellow, Dark Verdant, Shadow Grey and Nimbus Grey. However, more colors will eventually be available for the 2022 model year. Plus, Lotus says it will offer a cheaper “entry level” Emira in 2023 that starts at £59,995. We’re not sure of U.S. timing for this cheaper Emira yet, but at today’s exchange rates, that puts it around $82,000. That pricing sounds much more tantalizing to us, and it even undercuts the outgoing Evora. In case you wanted to spec one yourself, Lotus says it’s updated the configurator to reflect all the news that dropped today.

Source

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus just dropped all the nitty gritty details on the Emira First Edition, and it even provided European pricing. Unfortunately, we’re being told to wait for official U.S. pricing information, but this gives us a general idea of what to expect.

We’ll start this off by letting you know that an Emira First Edition is fully loaded up with options, making it extra expensive. Europeans will be paying €95,995 for the model, and in case you’re in the U.K., your price is £75,995. The Euro equivalent is $112,000 at today’s exchange rates, while the pound sterling equivalent is about $104,000. Without U.S.-specific pricing available yet, it’s impossible to nail down an exact figure. That said, expect it to be around $100,000 or a little more for the Emira First Edition here.

Lotus tells us what you get for your First Edition money, too. It specifies that this model is the “V6 First Edition,” because a not-yet-detailed “i4” First Edition is coming late next year to launch the AMG-sourced four-cylinder model. The V6 comes with the six-speed manual transmission standard. It also adds the available 20-inch forged alloy wheels with a diamond-cut two-tone finish and two-piece brake discs with branded calipers.

A bunch of optional packages are fitted as standard with the First Edition. You get the Lower Black Pack, which gives you a glossy black paint finish for the front bumper air blades, front splitter, side sills and rear diffuser. The Drivers Pack gives you the choice between the Tour or Sport suspension (Sport is slightly stiffer). Tour comes with Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport tires, and Sport comes with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s.

The standard Design Pack adds privacy glass, sports pedals, Lotus-branded floor mats, a black Alcantara headliner and the choice of brake calipers in a few different colors. The Convenience Pack then adds front parking sensors, rain-sensing wipers with aero blades, auto-dimming mirrors and a rear luggage storage set. In Europe, this last pack also adds a reverse camera, but that will be standard equipment in the U.S. by law.

You can add even more money to the Emira First Edition’s price by opting for the full Black Pack (an extra £1,200 or €1,370). This coats a number of other exterior parts in glossy black paint including the roof, mirrors, Lotus badge and exhaust finisher. Lastly, an automatic transmission is available for £1,800 or €2,600, but that’s one you should skip.

Lotus says the V6 First Edition will be offered in six colors: Seneca Blue, Magma Red, Hethel Yellow, Dark Verdant, Shadow Grey and Nimbus Grey. However, more colors will eventually be available for the 2022 model year. Plus, Lotus says it will offer a cheaper “entry level” Emira in 2023 that starts at £59,995. We’re not sure of U.S. timing for this cheaper Emira yet, but at today’s exchange rates, that puts it around $82,000. That pricing sounds much more tantalizing to us, and it even undercuts the outgoing Evora. In case you wanted to spec one yourself, Lotus says it’s updated the configurator to reflect all the news that dropped today.

Source

Your conversion to US pricing is slightly off. UK prices include sales tax (VAT) at 20% which won't be charged on US cars. Instead you'll have a shipping charge and import duty (I think 1.7%). Then convert to dollars. US sticker prices don't include sales tax, which varies by state, so to have a "US-comparable" price, eg against a Porsche or Corvette sticker price, that pre-taxes number is the figure to use.

So I reckon that makes a V6 FE about $85k plus taxes etc, and a base i4 about $70k. That's before Lotus factor in any adjustments to be price-competitive with the local US prices of alternatives. Actual US pricing is due out in the next two weeks, so we'll see how far off these numbers are.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Your conversion to US pricing is slightly off. UK prices include sales tax (VAT) at 20% which won't be charged on US cars. Instead you'll have a shipping charge and import duty (I think 1.7%). Then convert to dollars. US sticker prices don't include sales tax, which varies by state, so to have a "US-comparable" price, eg against a Porsche or Corvette sticker price, that pre-taxes number is the figure to use.

So I reckon that makes a V6 FE about $85k plus taxes etc, and a base i4 about $70k. That's before Lotus factor in any adjustments to be price-competitive with the local US prices of alternatives. Actual US pricing is due out in the next two weeks, so we'll see how far off these numbers are.
Thanks for the breakdown and explanation, Tom! I'm still betting on the US FE Emira having a $100k price tag before taxes, but I sure like your price a lot better!

Lotusrat

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time with the performance figures making this a 6 figure car in the US, if I am honest with myself.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've seen someone else do a similar calculation for a Germany Euro price, which Lotus have also announced. The tax/ship/import/convert calculation was EUR4-5k lower than the actual Lotus price. So I guess I may be $5k under with my calculations. $90k and $75k would still be attractive I think.

OnePsychedGuy

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time with the performance figures making this a 6 figure car in the US, if I am honest with myself.
100%....I'm interested in the i4 and I think a lot of people would be hard pressed to drop 6 figures on a 4 banger with 360 HP figures. Let's hope it hits around that $80k mark.

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
In order to compete with Porsche in the US, with its expansive dealer network and proven reliability/depreciation curve/name recognition (snob appeal), Lotus will have to keep its prices lower for the first couple of years. I’m sure that they are well aware of this, especially since the Emira looks to be an Evora in a nicer suit (yes, yes, I’m sure it goes deeper, but not much). The largest customer base is not fanboys, it’s well funded poseurs that want the newest thing on the block. We’ll know soon enough what their market strategy will be 😉

EM12AAM

Reaction score
Does anyone know if we have to have the lower black pack on the FE cars or is it a free option that can be opted out of? I’m not sure I really want it; if I was spec’ing the car from scratch I wouldn’t bother that’s for sure….

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we have to have the lower black pack on the FE cars or is it a free option that can be opted out of? I’m not sure I really want it; if I was spec’ing the car from scratch I wouldn’t bother that’s for sure….
Hi I can confirm the lower black pack is standard with the FE cars. And as such you will not be able to delete.

The whole point of getting an FE by Lotus is to get more for less $$$ vs spec of your own for each individual pack.

As their MD Matt said “we want to reward early buyers with a special car”…

Unfortunately, things such as getting different colour stitching 🧵 on the steering wheel in varying colours will be later on after they fulfil all FE cars in V6 & I4.

Last edited: