Prices increase update from Lotus - and stopping of reservations for V6 FE

Featured
Please be advised that, as a result of significantly increasing costs, the Lotus Emira will later this year be subject to new pricing.

Whilst a significant level of cost increase has been absorbed, with effect from 1 June 2023, the retail price will increase to £81,995 (incl VAT) for the Emira V6 First Edition, and £77,795 (incl VAT) for the Emira First Edition 4-cylinder turbocharged variant. Full pricing details can be found on our website. However, your Emira reservation will not be affected by this increase, we can confirm your reservation has been price protected.

We are fully committed to our production schedule and in the next two weeks, we will be in touch via email to update you further on the progression of your Lotus Emira.

Due to overwhelming demand, we will be closing reservations for Lotus Emira V6 First Edition. We will be sharing the exact timings soon.

1676459390320.png

Last edited by a moderator:

petermal57

Reaction score
Entschuldigung, mein Deutsch ist eingerostet! Ich ging auf die Lotus-Website und nutzte die Chat-Funktion – wurde innerhalb weniger Minuten mit einem Agenten verbunden, und Abi konnte den Status meiner Bestellung an Ort und Stelle überprüfen. Scheint auf diese Weise eine schnellere Antwort zu erhalten als per E-Mail
Perfect, thank you! I will try it.

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
FYI in my calls with Customer Service this week they said that my car/order (UK V6 manual) would not be affected by the price rise as the cut off was "whether a car was in production before the end of June" or not. I post that in case relevant to anyone.

SteveB

Reaction score
FYI in my calls with Customer Service this week they said that my car/order (UK V6 manual) would not be affected by the price rise as the cut off was "whether a car was in production before the end of June" or not. I post that in case relevant to anyone.
Thanks for posting and certainly relevant to me as my car is scheduled to go into production in June. However I was told this in the same email that informed me my order would be subject to the price increase so something doesn’t quite add up (June production vs June delivery).

PhilCP

Reaction score
Thanks for posting and certainly relevant to me as my car is scheduled to go into production in June. However I was told this in the same email that informed me my order would be subject to the price increase so something doesn’t quite add up (June production vs June delivery).
I think any cars scheduled for production from June onwards are subject to the price increase.

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think any cars scheduled for production from June onwards are subject to the price increase.
Given how important this would be to many I wrote down what CS said verbatim and quoted it here. Is it possible that CS say different things to different people ? Bears woods and all that…

I am glad my car won’t be subject to the price rise, but fully agree with others who say that long suffering, patient customers who put orders in ages ago also shouldn’t have the price rise.

Although where they draw the line is always going to cause controversy. One point in time could be the date of the Windle you tube where he promised to hold the price - if you ordered before that maybe quote him ?

Mangoose

Reaction score
Well crap. 14k increase in price for US and Canada deliveries and a further delay.

Does anyone know if this is 14K USD increase for Canadian vehicles? If I'm not mistaken, current price for V6 FE in Canada is ~$120,000 so that would increase total Canadian price to ~$139,000? Maybe I'm blind but I can't seem to find Canadian specific info anywhere.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I just called my dealer and they had just been on the phone with Lotus. They're trying to get the same answers as well. Are there more first editions cut off with the current list of pre-orders? Who is price protected? They don't know.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Well crap. 14k increase in price for US and Canada deliveries and a further delay.

Does anyone know if this is 14K USD increase for Canadian vehicles? If I'm not mistaken, current price for V6 FE in Canada is ~$120,000 so that would increase total Canadian price to ~$139,000? Maybe I'm blind but I can't seem to find Canadian specific info anywhere.

There isn't a $14k price increase. Earlier this month, Lotus said it's costing them ~$14k more to build the cars but they are absorbing part of that and only increasing the MSRP by ~$10k or so to the North American market. Those prices are reflected on the configurator site.

Mangoose

Reaction score
There isn't a $14k price increase. Earlier this month, Lotus said it's costing them ~$14k more to build the cars but they are absorbing part of that and only increasing the MSRP by ~$10k or so to the North American market. Those prices are reflected on the configurator site.
Thanks for the clarifications... So am I correct in understanding that the $120K CAD advertised on the current configurator is inclusive of the increase (on the FE, of course, as base pricing doesn't seem to have been confirmed yet).

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for the clarifications... So am I correct in understanding that the $120K CAD advertised on the current configurator is inclusive of the increase (on the FE, of course, as base pricing doesn't seem to have been confirmed yet).
Yeah, looks like the configurator prices are higher now for me by 12k. Hopefully at least a few of us are price protected by we'll see.

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yeah, looks like the configurator prices are higher now for me by 12k. Hopefully at least a few of us are price protected by we'll see.
Not sure what you mean by hopefully a few of us are protected. Lotus has stated those that have an actual order against an allocation that was placed last Mar-Jun (the FE 1.0 group) are price protected with the previous price. If you aren't in that group then you will be paying the higher price.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not sure what you mean by hopefully a few of us are protected. Lotus has stated those that have an actual order against an allocation that was placed last Mar-Jun (the FE 1.0 group) are price protected with the previous price. If you aren't in that group then you will be paying the higher price.
Well I'm not in the group I hoped to be in then. Seems like I was being straightforward enough.

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well I'm not in the group I hoped to be in then. Seems like I was being straightforward enough.
Sounds good, I guess I was confused because if are you aren't in the FE1.0 group but you said hopefully a few are ... which they aren't. No worries, I must have misunderstand the intent. Hopefully you will get one of the 2.0s