Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lotus-emira-brochure.png

Here's a link to the official 2022 Lotus Emira eBrochure

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hi all, anyone have any idea where/how the front number plate will be mounted?
That is a very good question!!! Will putting it in the central intake be too low (there is a minimum legal height). How much better or worse would a number plate decal below the Lotus badge be? I replaced the plate on the front of my 996 C4S with a decal as it shows off the shape of the nose much better.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
What is this "front number plate" you speak of.... :ROFLMAO:

Even when I lived in a state that required them I never put one on - paid the fine when I got it. Worth not disgracing a beautiful care with such things. Fight the power!

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
In
What is this "front number plate" you speak of.... :ROFLMAO:

Even when I lived in a state that required them I never put one on - paid the fine when I got it. Worth not disgracing a beautiful care with such things. Fight the power!
In Australia it’s 1 fine and they will cancel your car’s registration in 14 days. In short we have no choice but a front number plate.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
In

In Australia it’s 1 fine and they will cancel your car’s registration in 14 days. In short we have no choice but a front number plate.
Ouch. Hate that. At least you all get the skinny ones not the fat ugly plates we have in the USA

Gizmo750

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi all, anyone have any idea where/how the front number plate will be mounted?
Whilst pouring over all the lovely pictures and playing with the configurator (still not sure which colour I prefer) I was left wondering exactly the same thing. Especially after watching a video where they talk about the importance of the middle vent in allowing air flow. There doesn't appear room under the badge to get a standard sized plate in, even as a stick on version

Seburke

Reaction score
It's obviously too early to tell accurately but the front view of the Emira shows a small circle on the top right of the central intake that I presume could be where the tow hook screws in if the car needs to be towed (heaven forbid). I own several tow hook license plate holders (Porsche Boxster and Golf R) that screw into this threaded hole and will hold a license plate (on occasion [for inspection] or evidently all the time if you live in Australia).

Gizmo750

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Front plates are also a requirement in the UK and putting it in the windscreen isn't allowed

fellman3

Reaction score
Whilst pouring over all the lovely pictures and playing with the configurator (still not sure which colour I prefer) I was left wondering exactly the same thing. Especially after watching a video where they talk about the importance of the middle vent in allowing air flow. There doesn't appear room under the badge to get a standard sized plate in, even as a stick on version
I have been wondering about this as well. If all the front vents are designed and needed for cooling and aerodynamics- as described in a number of videos - then where does the front plate go. Be nice if you could just have one of those small ones you see on the old Alfa’s.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That is a very good question!!! Will putting it in the central intake be too low (there is a minimum legal height). How much better or worse would a number plate decal below the Lotus badge be? I replaced the plate on the front of my 996 C4S with a decal as it shows off the shape of the nose much better.
If you watch the carfection video when Russell Carr is talking about the back of the car, there is a styling buck in the background with a number plate plinth on it
Screenshot 2021-08-22 at 14.37.47.png

Gizmo750

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's a great spot. Looks like that might work OK and not look too bad. May have to go with a bespoke number plate to make the border around legal sized letters as small as possible though

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That's a great spot. Looks like that might work OK and not look too bad. May have to go with a bespoke number plate to make the border around legal sized letters as small as possible though
In may do the same, possibly "tweaking" the size down a bit so it can sit within the intake area without blocking too much of it and without covering the central lower blue lip below.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
What's the chance there will be a Brochure Revision in September with final specs in conjunction with a features/price list? Or is that merely the Order Form? We are after all waiting on a broader color pallette.
And so say all of us! I would hope that when the dealer visits take place they will have physical paint samples and interior swatches to view - I would not choose my finishes without seeing actual samples in the flesh.
I reserved on 14th July, which may be too late for a first edition, so I wonder if the extended colour range will be available to view during the dealer tour in Sept/Oct this year?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think it's highly likely there will be an updated brochure with specs and prices. I know there will be an updated configurator on the Lotus website.

I've already asked my dealer to raise with Lotus about providing exterior and interior samples during the dealer tours and I know others have asked too. The plans are being finalised this and next week, so hopefully we'll hear more soon.

I also hope they announce the 13 post-FE colours as part of the September update. I know it's one factor in FE vs own spec decisions for many people and have made that point to Lotus.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This is great info, Tom. Thanks. I too have expressed to my dealer, and to Lotus, the importance of seeing actual paint and interior samples in the flesh before making a purchase decision. One doesn’t spend this kind of money on any luxury item without having it satisfy their desires. I’m super excited by the prospect of owning this car, but not so much that I’m going to be stupid and settle. For long term loyalty, I wouldn’t think lotus would want that either. If you satisfy people’s desires, they will always come back for more….dopamine is a real thing.

With that in mind, I hope Lotus is listening to the point you just made….that many people’s decisions regarding FE vs. own spec hinges on paint color choice. Interior color seems less of an issue, but likely also is impactful. There is messaging here…the current roster of color choices is not meeting the needs of your customers. And these customers are the ones most inclined to buy your car! After all, they have sacrificed the opportunity cost of their deposits for over a year to get on the list to acquire a car. The company needs to listen to this message. It is being expressed over and over again.

falconexe

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing guys! I REALLY want a Nightfall Blue Emira as seen here! I sincerely hope that it is one of the post FE colors.

1632241669069.png

I agree that I am settling with the Seneca Blue and it is not my first choice. I would also love to see a White option as seen here from a render someone did on the internet.

1632242070758.png

Last edited: