UK Prices

Hey all, UK prices are up. Base Edition from £59,995 and FE from £75,995. About what was expected although well done to Lotus as car prices here have risen significantly over the last few months and they have kept to their promise of 'From £60k'.

Also for all those criticising Lotus regarding the I4 engine, they are stating that FE I4 Turbocharged available Autumn 2022. This is an acceptable time, don't forget the are going to push their engine first to get rid of stock. Also with all the parts shortages we are seeing on most electronics in the UK at the moment, I am surprised they are able to build one car!

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hey all, UK prices are up. Base Edition from £59,995 and FE from £75,995. About what was expected although well done to Lotus as car prices here have risen significantly over the last few months and they have kept to their promise of 'From £60k'.

Also for all those criticising Lotus regarding the I4 engine, they are stating that FE I4 Turbocharged available Autumn 2022. This is an acceptable time, don't forget the are going to push their engine first to get rid of stock. Also with all the parts shortages we are seeing on most electronics in the UK at the moment, I am surprised they are able to build one car!

NDL

Reaction score
So another couple of thousand with the first year road tax charge?

OP
M

MrBlue

Reaction score
So another couple of thousand with the first year road tax charge?
Yeah, as its 234 g/km I think it will be £1895 for the first year then £510 per year for the next 4 years.....I think that's how they do it now. That 'Showroom Tax' is a real kick in the teeth. Personally, I would rather them get rid of the annual tax and put it on fuel/mileage somehow, especially as a lot of Emira's will be doing less than 1000 miles per year, so polluting far less that a 'cleaner car' doing 20000 miles per year!

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah, as its 234 g/km I think it will be £1895 for the first year then £510 per year for the next 4 years.....I think that's how they do it now. That 'Showroom Tax' is a real kick in the teeth. Personally, I would rather them get rid of the annual tax and put it on fuel/mileage somehow, especially as a lot of Emira's will be doing less than 1000 miles per year, so polluting far less that a 'cleaner car' doing 20000 miles per year!
£510 for years 2 to 6…..

GarrethN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Price includes:

• VAT

Price excludes:

• Number plates
  • Delivery
  • Road fund licence
Can I have mine without front number plates please, the demo car looks so good without them 🤷‍♂️ And i’m happy to go to Hethel if it saves on delivery…..

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Been told today AMG engine will not be available until earliest Dec 2021

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If you mean "to configure and order" then possible December 2021 is correct. First deliveries (i4 FE) are October 2022

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If you mean "to configure and order" then possible December 2021 is correct. First deliveries (i4 FE) are October 2022
If you are a late FE V6 deposit placer when do you think the last of the FE will be delivered ?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If you are a late FE V6 deposit placer when do you think the last of the FE will be delivered ?
Too early to say at this stage. In the UK Lotus are still in the process of calling all deposit holders to ask if they intend going for V6 FE or not, and decisions on that will run to 5 Nov. If uptake is high then I can see them continuing V6 FE build beyond the start of i4 FE deliveries and running in parallel. Or that might be when the second shift ramps up and they do V6 on one shift and i4 on another, or some other mix.

I'd heard a rumour there would be a limit on V6 FE numbers but I think that's unlikely. They may close the book after the UK and US dealer roadshows or some other deadline, but I think if you've got a deposit down already and want a V6 FE you'll get one. I might be wrong, but I don't see why Lotus would turn those people away.

I gather so far the people the UK calling team have spoken to are split almost 50:50 between V6 FE and i4 FE/Own Spec. So if you were #500 in the queue before the calling exercise and have gone for a V6 FE you're now probably #250 in the queue. It won't all get defined until November, so no point asking where you are individually just yet, but hopefully gives you an indication.

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Great message Tom .
now if you out down for a amg and now the only option is for v6 will you get a choice to change to v6 or have you missed the boat because you chose amg at the start ?

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Too early to say at this stage. In the UK Lotus are still in the process of calling all deposit holders to ask if they intend going for V6 FE or not, and decisions on that will run to 5 Nov. If uptake is high then I can see them continuing V6 FE build beyond the start of i4 FE deliveries and running in parallel. Or that might be when the second shift ramps up and they do V6 on one shift and i4 on another, or some other mix.

I'd heard a rumour there would be a limit on V6 FE numbers but I think that's unlikely. They may close the book after the UK and US dealer roadshows or some other deadline, but I think if you've got a deposit down already and want a V6 FE you'll get one. I might be wrong, but I don't see why Lotus would turn those people away.

I gather so far the people the UK calling team have spoken to are split almost 50:50 between V6 FE and i4 FE/Own Spec. So if you were #500 in the queue before the calling exercise and have gone for a V6 FE you're now probably #250 in the queue. It won't all get defined until November, so no point asking where you are individually just yet, but hopefully gives you an indication.
Thanks Tom. I’m relaxed and was initially told by B&C it would be early 2023 which suited me and my broke to Mrs B! If it was Q4 2022 that should be ok but any earlier might be pushing my luck. Will crack on and see how things stand in November. My immediate concern is having fuel for next Thursdays event with current fuel stock panic buying !

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My understanding is if you say i4 FE or Own Spec now, then you go into a second group who will be contacted later in the year, to then be asked i4 FE versus Own Spec. If you then decide you want a V6 FE you may not be able to, as that book may close, or you may be able to join the end of the V6 FE run. You will be able to choose an Own Spec V6 in the second round, but that will be for later delivery after the i4 FE batch.

firstlotus

Reaction score

my local dealership will hopefully be meeting with Lotus this week and might have the USA pricing and more info at that time - if they price it too high (hope not) I will wait or go with a Corvette Z06 (the HORROR)... hopefully, they won't make the Pricing mistake (Evora launch 2010) 5000 cars the first year? - that could be damaging to the pricing strategy...

EM12AAM

Reaction score
So I haven't had my phone call yet (I ordered quite late compared to come of you) but I am really struggling to decide whether I want the V6 manual or the i4. Always driven stick shifts, no experience of a DCT...

There is an attraction to having the car as soon as possible but then I hope to have the car for a long time (had my Elise for 20 years) so in the grand scheme of things a couple more months wait probably shouldn't make much of a difference.

However, the price is an issue for me and if the 4-pot is materially less expensive than the V6 then I may well go for that... So does anyone know if the price of the i4 is going to be known before we are asked to commit to the V6?

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So I haven't had my phone call yet (I ordered quite late compared to come of you) but I am really struggling to decide whether I want the V6 manual or the i4. Always driven stick shifts, no experience of a DCT...

There is an attraction to having the car as soon as possible but then I hope to have the car for a long time (had my Elise for 20 years) so in the grand scheme of things a couple more months wait probably shouldn't make much of a difference.

However, the price is an issue for me and if the 4-pot is materially less expensive than the V6 then I may well go for that... So does anyone know if the price of the i4 is going to be known before we are asked to commit to the V6?
I can’t imagine lotus would ask you to commit to a build without disclosing the price you would pay. That would just be wrong, and I would contend that if they did, you should withdraw. The fact that you are even faced with entertaining this possibility should be of concern to lotus and compel them to put their cards on the table at the earliest possible time. All of them. They risk a lot the longer they withhold information that people need to make good choices.