• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

UK Prices

Hey all, UK prices are up. Base Edition from £59,995 and FE from £75,995. About what was expected although well done to Lotus as car prices here have risen significantly over the last few months and they have kept to their promise of 'From £60k'.

Also for all those criticising Lotus regarding the I4 engine, they are stating that FE I4 Turbocharged available Autumn 2022. This is an acceptable time, don't forget the are going to push their engine first to get rid of stock. Also with all the parts shortages we are seeing on most electronics in the UK at the moment, I am surprised they are able to build one car!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They're not going to require a commitment before you know the price of what you're ordering. The issue is going to be if they don't announce the i4 FE and Base/options prices before the deadline for V6 FE orders (on 5 Nov for UK). That will make it harder for people to decide between V6 FE and i4 FE.

With i4 FE first deliveries coming 6 months after first V6s I suspect the second round of order book building (and hence configurator open and extra deposits) will also be 6 months later. I guess it might be shorter but I've heard "early 2022". If they delay the i4 pricing announcement until then I think that's not entirely fair on people being asked to decide during October on V6 FE versus later options.

But the V6 FE price is published and to me it looks good value if you want a fully loaded V6. If I was unsure between V6 and i4 it would be a more difficult decision. In light of the process (at least in the UK) I'd probably spec a V6 FE and then review again before the order becomes committed, as I could still change the engine choice up to that point and just defer into the i4 build batch.

• Winner
Reactions: DJW

EM12AAM

Reaction score
I can’t imagine lotus would ask you to commit to a build without disclosing the price you would pay. That would just be wrong, and I would contend that if they did, you should withdraw. The fact that you are even faced with entertaining this possibility should be of concern to lotus and compel them to put their cards on the table at the earliest possible time. All of them. They risk a lot the longer they withhold information that people need to make good choices.
Sorry if I wasn’t clear; that’s not quite what I meant!

The point I was trying to make is are we being asked to commit to the V6 launch edition (prices known in the UK, of course) BEFORE the price of the i4 launch edition is known?

EM12AAM

Reaction score
They're not going to require a commitment before you know the price of what you're ordering. The issue is going to be if they don't announce the i4 FE and Base/options prices before the deadline for V6 FE orders (on 5 Nov for UK). That will make it harder for people to decide between V6 FE and i4 FE.

With i4 FE first deliveries coming 6 months after first V6s I suspect the second round of order book building (and hence configurator open and extra deposits) will also be 6 months later. I guess it might be shorter but I've heard "early 2022". If they delay the i4 pricing announcement until then I think that's not entirely fair on people being asked to decide during October on V6 FE versus later options.

But the V6 FE price is published and to me it looks good value if you want a fully loaded V6. If I was unsure between V6 and i4 it would be a more difficult decision. In light of the process (at least in the UK) I'd probably spec a V6 FE and then review again before the order becomes committed, as I could still change the engine choice up to that point and just defer into the i4 build batch.
Yes Tom, that’s what I was driving at.

Wilsdorf

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing what the AMG FE pricing is. At least the AMG base specification is set out on the UK website now.