Emira i4 servicing costs??

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus Customer service have advised me that you can take your Emira to any reputable service centre for a service, without affecting the Lotus warranty, providing the car is serviced in accordance with Lotus stipulations i.e time/mileage, parts, oils etc. As to be expected, any warranty repairs must be carried out by Lotus man dealers only. They also advised that the main difference between the V6 and i4 servicing cost is the 3rd year service, as the i4 takes 6 hours and includes Engine oil, DCT gearbox oil and filters and spark plugs. The V6 does not apparently require gearbox oil or spark plugs in this time. Even so, this still does not justify an extra £1100 in my opinion. I would definitely be asking Mercedes if they could do this for me. They know the engine and transmission better than Lotus anyway and are nearly half the price. Why would you not!!! If not for years one and two, definitely for year three (warranty expires by end year 3 anyway).
I have repeatedly asked CS if the i4 3 yr plan price is correct (Lets face it, we know Merc dealers are not cheap but they are almost half the price Lotus are asking!) and they have not confirmed for some reason. We need to make a stand and not accept these Bullsh*t service plan prices Lotus are quoting for i4.
The V6 gearbox oil is every 4 years or 36k miles, spark plugs are every 54k miles. It doesn't explain the big AMG versus Lotus price difference for the i4.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Drop the engine and transmission, crate it, send it to Mercedes, get it back, re-install to the car. Not cheap.

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was having a play with the updated configurator now it is live on the UK site and was interested to see that the service plan is now offered within the configurator, and against the I4 it has the price at £1,599...

1700601099730.png

That said though, the enhance page on the website still lists the I4 service plan at £2,699. So I'm wouldn't be surprised if the price in the configurator is wrong... (though you can't actually proceed to place an order anyway at the moment)