• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Wrap Your Emira

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Anyone Considering wrapping their Emira? I know there is a lot of people disappointed by the launch colours.

Not sure i'm brave enough myself especially when Lotus have said they have gone for the wrap look finish.

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You need 100% trust in installers, as mentioned before k saw 2 Ferraris being de wrapped to find cuts to bodywork that required a respray. Also pulled paint off the plastic bumpers.

I‘l stick to good old paint ;)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There's a firm near me that did an amazing job on chrome wrapping an Esprit. Not to everyone's tastes but it looks stunning and the workmanship is excellent - chrome is a very difficult wrap to work with.

Reactions: DJS

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Sacrilege! Just kidding...I've seen some many that look so artificial (even if "high quality) that I'll pass.

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone Considering wrapping their Emira? I know there is a lot of people disappointed by the launch colours.

Not sure i'm brave enough myself especially when Lotus have said they have gone for the wrap look finish.
Don't do it.
My Evora is wrapped, and I see faults all the time.

Not long after I purchased my Evora (second hand), the clear coat started to come away in a couple of patches on the roof. The car was red all over, so I decided to wrap the roof, sills, and wing mirrors black. This was an easy, quick and cheap job and I was happy with it.
Less than a year later and more clear coat was coming off, this time on the bonnet. I got the rest of the car wrapped, kept it in the same red as the paint, so the job didn't require a full full wrap, still happy with that. Made it reasonably priced and covered the failing paintwork.
That wrap lasted around 6 years. It wasn't that bad, but eventually looks like crazy paving, goes brittle and comes away from the more intricate areas, so was time for a change.

I wanted to keep the colour scheme, so it's still red and black. This next wrap has now been on for 18 months or so, and I hate it. The job is ok, but it's just not paint. It's never as clean looking. There's not the depth you get from a good paint job.

Ok, so the wraps that I've had done are not as much as a respray, and that's a positive, but I'll not be wrapping it again. I'll get a full respray in a couple of years. Unless I'm forced to trade in for my Emira.

OP
DJS

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Don't do it.
My Evora is wrapped, and I see faults all the time.

Not long after I purchased my Evora (second hand), the clear coat started to come away in a couple of patches on the roof. The car was red all over, so I decided to wrap the roof, sills, and wing mirrors black. This was an easy, quick and cheap job and I was happy with it.
Less than a year later and more clear coat was coming off, this time on the bonnet. I got the rest of the car wrapped, kept it in the same red as the paint, so the job didn't require a full full wrap, still happy with that. Made it reasonably priced and covered the failing paintwork.
That wrap lasted around 6 years. It wasn't that bad, but eventually looks like crazy paving, goes brittle and comes away from the more intricate areas, so was time for a change.

I wanted to keep the colour scheme, so it's still red and black. This next wrap has now been on for 18 months or so, and I hate it. The job is ok, but it's just not paint. It's never as clean looking. There's not the depth you get from a good paint job.

Ok, so the wraps that I've had done are not as much as a respray, and that's a positive, but I'll not be wrapping it again. I'll get a full respray in a couple of years. Unless I'm forced to trade in for my Emira.
Are you referring to a coloured wrap only or would you say the same for PPF?

OP
DJS

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I have PPF in mind, but no experience of it.
My words are based solely on my coloured wrap.
Im so on the fence with PPF, i'm being told get a good quality PPF all over the car if its a long term keeper, but go for a good ceramic coat if i'm only keeping it short term 1 or 2 years as 4k or 5k is a lot of money to pay out for a full wrap to then sell the car in the short term. I suppose I could play it safe and do front end PPF with a ceramic coat all over.

Im going to let the car turn up first and make the decision based on how much I like it.

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Im so on the fence with PPF, i'm being told get a good quality PPF all over the car if its a long term keeper, but go for a good ceramic coat if i'm only keeping it short term 1 or 2 years as 4k or 5k is a lot of money to pay out for a full wrap to then sell the car in the short term. I suppose I could play it safe and do front end PPF with a ceramic coat all over.

Im going to let the car turn up first and make the decision based on how much I like it.
I'm with you, I have no clear decision yet.
We'll have to make a design 'soon'.

Sorry, did I say the S word :(