Votes: 14 5.4%
  • No Wrap

Votes: 41 15.8%

• Total voters

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi All

Just wanted to see how many of you are considering going for a PPF/Wrap on their Emira?

This is something i'm seriously considering, what are your thoughts.

Last edited:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, full font PPF (bumper, fenders and bonnet), plus the black side skirts. If I go black pack (still undecided) I'd do the A pillars and roof too as that is likely going to be a scratch nightmare especially at eye level!

I'll probably PPF the bit before the rear wheel too (just like the matte grey area on the Evora) to prevent rock chips in that area. I hope Lotus put a clear film in this area as i suspect its a high impact area (just like the Evora was)!!!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've ticked Full PPF but will probably do "Front Plus" rather than Full or Front. I'll add lower sides all the way back and mirror housings. I did similar on my Evora and it's worked well. Only one noticeable stone chip not on the PPF, which is on the leading edge of the roof.

The Evora only had the front half of the bonnet done. It has had no marks on the rear section and the film line is very hard to see, but I think I'll film it all the way back to completely hide the film edge.

I'm going for black pack but won't PPF on the roof as that would prevent me using the suction mounts for my bike.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I ticked Full PPF, but when seen the real color maybe Colored PPF if I don't like the Nimbus I chose. We´ll see when we
can see!!

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is that a port option that you guys are selecting?

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Planning on full PPF, but ordering without black pack, and using xpel black film to get the same look on the roof and mirrors ;)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interested to know what bike rack set up you have Tom?
I've got a Seasucker Talon. I know other Lotus owners use the Seasucker Monkey Bars and the Rockbros racks.

On the Evora the roof is actually fairly thin. The Talon has a 3-sucker primary mount, so I stick two to the top part of the windscreen and the third to the roof. I tried with the whole mount on the roof and it wasn't stable enough for my liking. There's a fourth sucker for the back wheel. I've had it at motorway speeds and cross-country with no issues. I did mount my GoPro on the car's nose pointing back at the bike and previewed on my phone in a dashmount for the first few trips!

I can also fit a bike with wheels removed in the back of the Evora, but that may not work in the Emira.

The Emira roof looks like I may be able to put all three mounts there. That would also allow for a more rearward setup, with the back wheel attached to the boot lid. If you search for Seasucker Talon Cayman you'll see a few different setups.

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've ticked Full PPF but will probably do "Front Plus" rather than Full or Front. I'll add lower sides all the way back and mirror housings. I did similar on my Evora and it's worked well. Only one noticeable stone chip not on the PPF, which is on the leading edge of the roof.

The Evora only had the front half of the bonnet done. It has had no marks on the rear section and the film line is very hard to see, but I think I'll film it all the way back to completely hide the film edge.

I'm going for black pack but won't PPF on the roof as that would prevent me using the suction mounts for my bike.
I know nothing about PPF. Will this and/or do you keep this on for the life of the car?

Johnda1

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All

Just wanted to how many of you are considering going for a PPF/Wrap on their Emira?

This is something i'm seriously considering, what are your thoughts.
I guess I'd like the front end and maybe just in front of the rear arches

Johnda1

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Was there a PPF option on the configurator?

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Im going Front PPF and maybe the vulnerable areas on the rear arches etc as mentioned.
I've a solid black Boxster Spyder and after a weeks roadtrip around the NC500 in Scotland, I've had to have the whole front end resprayed (never seen to many loose stones flicking up) - since the spray then it now has full front end PPF and its almost invisible.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I know nothing about PPF. Will this and/or do you keep this on for the life of the car?

It used to be the view it lasted 3-5 years then was either starting to discolour or had pebble-dashing in places, so meant replacing part or all.

These days it’s a very good material and will last a long time in normal use. 3M and Xpel for example have a guarantee related to discolouration. Type of usage, road conditions and storage (versus UV exposure) are factors.

My Evora is garaged, low mileage but used mainly cross country roads with lots of surface gravel and rubbish. After 10 years the PPF is still in good condition and not noticeable unless you look up close. My Exige doesn't have PPF and 5-6 years after a respray by the previous owner has some visible pitting to the lower front of the bumper/splitter and near the wheel arches.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
PPF wise, I did full frontal and "high traffic" (rocker panels, rear 3/4 panel, lower bumpers, etc) areas on my M2 Comp.

If I could do it all over again, I'd do full PPF on the entire car, as it makes the entire car easier to detail.

Hence, for the Emira I'm doing full PPF.

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I know nothing about ceramic coating or PPF. When I get my Emira it will be a daily drive but I won’t be doing excessive mileage per year (5000-7000 miles) , I’m just wondering on what would be my best option and what kind of prices am I looking at? TIA

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
US seems to be 3-5K for partial PPF and 4-8K for full body PPF depends on where you live. No downside to getting it all done except cost.

I hate paint chips and so will be spending the money.

Reactions: DJS

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
US seems to be 3-5K for partial PPF and 4-8K for full body PPF depends on where you live. No downside to getting it all done except cost.

I hate paint chips and so will be spending the money.
I second this.

I much rather pay the money to get PPF done and enjoy the car worry free; PPF is the most important first step to do when getting a brand new weekend toy, imo.

My M2C is about 2 years old now, and *knock on wood* it doesn't have a single scratch on it because on Delivery Day back in 2019, I drove it immediately to my PPF appointment, where my guy did an exemplary job.

There's nothing worse to me than rock chips, scratches, swirls, paint inconsistencies, etc., on a nice car. I want my car to have a glass-like mirror finish on it from Day 1 to the day I sell it, and PPF helps out tremendously.

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Agree with all here.. I have never PPF'd a car but plan on this being my first. I'll likely ceramic treat the PPF as well - a few Youtube videos really call out the benefit of this (though it seems strange to me initially). Effectively you get super hydrophobic surface with ceramic coated PPF making the car easier to clean on the regular, but you still benefit of the self correcting PPF for swirls, micro abrasions (with a little heat applied).

What about the underside? I certainly don't plan on driving in salty winter weather but where I am, the roads are dusty salt well into spring. If I'm not mistaking the underside is panelled or flat... can anyone confirm? Would the underside warrant any type of undercoating or "bed liner" type coating for real long term protection? Folks with existing Lotus?

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Agree with all here.. I have never PPF'd a car but plan on this being my first. I'll likely ceramic treat the PPF as well - a few Youtube videos really call out the benefit of this (though it seems strange to me initially). Effectively you get super hydrophobic surface with ceramic coated PPF making the car easier to clean on the regular, but you still benefit of the self correcting PPF for swirls, micro abrasions (with a little heat applied).

What about the underside? I certainly don't plan on driving in salty winter weather but where I am, the roads are dusty salt well into spring. If I'm not mistaking the underside is panelled or flat... can anyone confirm? Would the underside warrant any type of undercoating or "bed liner" type coating for real long term protection? Folks with existing Lotus?
I've been told by several pro detailers that you either go with PPF or you go with Ceramic. It doesn't make sense to do both.

Underside wise - you may not want to hear this, but when I lived in Connecticut (where my M2C was ordered and delivered in July 2019), once Winter hit, the car was basically in storage until the following Spring.

Having another car as a daily to do the errands, winter driving, etc made sense to me, and thus I keep a 2 car garage.

That said, I hated not being able to drive my weekend M2C for near as makes no difference 5-6 months out of the year (due to NY, CT, MA always being HEAVILY salted), so I went to the extreme and moved down to Georgia, where winter (and all that it comes with) isn't really an issue.