Emira Paint Protection Film applied before delivery to US dealer...

firstlotus

Reaction score
Lotus USA is planning on giving the Emira owners an option for PPF before it arrives at the Dealer. They are configuring different package levels (coverage) to be put on at the Port in Baltimore... It would be ordered through the dealer before delivery...
Personally, I think this is great news...

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
thanks for sharing. Sounds good to me!

OP
firstlotus

firstlotus

Reaction score
Wouldn't you prefer to work with a local supplier and control the process?
Don't know what process there would be Nick, I have never put PPF on any cars before. If I picked the installers the process/warranty of the job would fall on my shoulders. Since Lotus USA picked the installers and I pay through my Lotus dealer then it would fall under the warranty of the car as well and I would have recourse if there were ANY issues - BONUS...!

OP
firstlotus

firstlotus

Reaction score
thanks for sharing. Sounds good to me!
Robrmon, have you got a call from your Lotus dealer yet for the Emira Roadshow? Please look at my Roadshow post, I was told Lotus has a car in the State of New York now or coming soon... please let us know of your experience if you get the chance to drive the Emira...

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Robrmon, have you got a call from your Lotus dealer yet for the Emira Roadshow? Please look at my Roadshow post, I was told Lotus has a car in the State of New York now or coming soon... please let us know of your experience if you get the chance to drive the Emira...
Yes I have driven the car, on two different occasions.
It was an 8/10 for me, coming from an Evora, it’s very similar in many ways.
It’s beautiful to look at, I was hoping for something marginally more powerful, but I’m sure I’ll love the car once it arrives. I intend to keep both. I look forward to driving it more playfully in sport, then I think it might become a 9, I just didn’t have the chance yet.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know what process there would be Nick, I have never put PPF on any cars before. If I picked the installers the process/warranty of the job would fall on my shoulders. Since Lotus USA picked the installers and I pay through my Lotus dealer then it would fall under the warranty of the car as well and I would have recourse if there were ANY issues - BONUS...!

The general consensus is independent shops will do a better job and use higher quality film. Most provide a warranty as well.

I'd be interested to know what type of film the port installers use, how much it costs, and if they properly prep the surfaces first.

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The general consensus is independent shops will do a better job and use higher quality film. Most provide a warranty as well.

I'd be interested to know what type of film the port installers use, how much it costs, and if they properly prep the surfaces first.
You beat me to it, right on the money!

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Actually, what’s far more important than the type of film or it’s installation is the paint correction that must be done before any film is applied. All of the US dealers appear to be part of larger dealer groups who sell high end cars or a shop that makes its living selling select high end used cars. Everyone of them have relationships with local detailers who they trust to wrap $500,000 super cars. If you don’t have a shop you know leverage their local knowledge vs. what Lotus Cars US are cooking up for Baltimore.

Personally I don’t do PPF, I do the paint correction myself (I have the tools and the experience) and use a polymer sealant that I usually strip, polish and reapply every year. I simply don’t like the look of wrapped or ceramic coated cars vs ones I’ve polished out and treated. Each to their own.

OP
firstlotus

firstlotus

Reaction score

I'm sure they will have all that information available so you can decide and make an educated decision... I think I was told it may be the self-healing type... we'll have to see... I really can't see them using an inferior product or installer... Lotus is going to great lengths to make sure the quality is very high in the Emira and I would think it would carry to the PPF...!

Panda47

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Actually, what’s far more important than the type of film or it’s installation is the paint correction that must be done before any film is applied. All of the US dealers appear to be part of larger dealer groups who sell high end cars or a shop that makes its living selling select high end used cars. Everyone of them have relationships with local detailers who they trust to wrap $500,000 super cars. If you don’t have a shop you know leverage their local knowledge vs. what Lotus Cars US are cooking up for Baltimore.

Personally I don’t do PPF, I do the paint correction myself (I have the tools and the experience) and use a polymer sealant that I usually strip, polish and reapply every year. I simply don’t like the look of wrapped or ceramic coated cars vs ones I’ve polished out and treated. Each to their own.
True I'm in your camp,I get great pleasure in polishing my cars and if you get the occasional stone chip(which I haven't had for years, touch wood )use a touchup pen.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Picking my car up from GVE today.
I have asked them to film it and then do a detailed walkaround with me.

As I, and others, have mentioned. The preparation is SOOO important.
My car, unbeknown to me, had one scratch and two chips which have been rectified, had sirl marks, peel and was as thin as Keira Knightly.

Apparently, it has made the car look a bit different which I am a tad worried about but this car seems to really need protecting.

I do get the flipside. It is a lot of money to do a full PPF with ceramic coating and that money could be spent elsewhere.
For my point, it is about longevity of looks, less worry driving and ease of cleaning.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

My car, unbeknown to me, had one scratch and two chips which have been rectified, had sirl marks, peel and was as thin as Keira Knightly.

Apparently, it has made the car look a bit different which I am a tad worried about but this car seems to really need protecting.

I do get the flipside. It is a lot of money to do a full PPF with ceramic coating and that money could be spent elsewhere.
For my point, it is about longevity of looks, less worry driving and ease of cleaning.
How much does a full job cost? I have never needed to do PPF before

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

@Evotion please give us a bit of information on this exhaust mod you mentioned Ade

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
ppf is important but is converting in some type of maniac in petrolheads fanatics

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Lotus USA is planning on giving the Emira owners an option for PPF before it arrives at the Dealer. They are configuring different package levels (coverage) to be put on at the Port in Baltimore... It would be ordered through the dealer before delivery...
Personally, I think this is great news...
This one is 4+ months old. How well is this aging? Do we have pricing? Would love to know what else they’ll do prior to shipping. Which dealer or rep from Lotus USA can we speak with about this one?
Thanks!

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts