• Coloured Full Wrap

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • No Wrap

Votes: 42 15.5%

• Total voters

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think ppf lasts significantly longer. It’s much thicker.
+1

A high quality PPF like Xpel Ultimate, installed by a meticulous PPF team, will last quite a while.

I specifically chose a particular PPF team to do my M2 Comp because they do the giant PPF sheet, cut and "tuck" method, versus slapping pre-cut pieces on the car, leaving tons of areas exposed.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 127

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
  • Useful
Reactions: ADC

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have this applied over liquid PPF, and it does work...
Out of interest, is it the Ngenco product? I'm curious about that (and you can have a free colour change if you want, which is nice), but baulking slightly at the need to dismantle the bodywork to have it applied.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Out of interest, is it the Ngenco product? I'm curious about that (and you can have a free colour change if you want, which is nice), but baulking slightly at the need to dismantle the bodywork to have it applied.
I used Logic VPC and they did a good job. I stuck to a clear coat (well 2 coats), to expose the pearlescent white paint, but you could change the colour should you wish to do so. They are quite adept at taking panels off and putting them back together as they should be. No visible seams and you can get things like sills done as well.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
With regards to ceramic coatings on PPF or wraps, Gtechniq make their Halo ceramic coating which is specially formulated to be flexible and work the best on PPF/wraps. I'll likely be getting it put on my car on top of PPF for that little bit extra protection.

https://www.gtechniq.co.uk/shop/auto/ceramic-coatings/halo/
Gtechnique does make a great coating. Modesto is another top notch supplier. Professional install recommended. And I would recommend the companion maintenance spray for whichever CC you choose. If one is careful, nowadays you can have flawless paint almost indefinitely.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Evora GTs (US spec) came with PPF from factory. It was a no cost option as far as I know and wasn’t listed on the sticker either. Not sure if the same will apply to Emira. It included the front bumper, headlights, full hood, side mirrors, partial sides and partial rear. A local installer would charge $1500 - $2000 for something similar.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Didn’t know it was a no cost option. Is that the star film I’ve heard referred to?
I think it was referred to as Starshield or maybe even Lotus Guard. Not 100% sure.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Maybe you folks already new about this option, but I didn't.

I didn't want a wrap because durability and longevity is an issue. But PPF was either clear or matte. I -like- many of the color options for FE, but just don't LOVE any of them.

Apparently there is another option! I just today saw a Lucious Purple Taycan and found the PPF company STEK also makes White, Miami Blue, Red, shift Green, Carbon and more.

I'm strongly thinking about the Miami blue maybe with a carbon "black pack". I think white would also be super sexy.

Website for the PPF company: https://www.stek-usa.com/fashion-films

Love to hear others' thoughts or if anyone has experience with this product.

• Useful
OP
DJS

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it’s possible to wrap your brake callipers? If so is it reliable enough in this area of the car?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You’d be better off painting them. These folks do a great job:

Reactions: DJS

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This is one of my local detailers and there are example prices on various options:

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Got this response from a PPF firm in Norfolk today, if anyone is interested. It’s for a full frontal wrap-
Hi Daz,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please see below the information in regards to the XPEL PPF that I can install to your new Lotus Emira.

As you may have read on my website, I use XPEL self healing paint protection film. I am factory trained by XPEL and I am now the XPEL Authorised PPF Installer for Norfolk. There are many variants of PPF on the market but I consider XPEL to be the very best in terms of offering the latest and most accurate vehicle patterns, an exceptional finish and edge seal technology. All of my PPF installations come with XPEL's 10 year warranty.

The preparation work consists of a thorough clean, full paintwork decontamination and a single stage machine polish of the paintwork being covered with the PPF.

Lotus Emira Silver Package XPEL PPF Installation = £1499.00 plus VAT

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Elliot Stafford
Owner
Detail Your Eyecandy

Mobile: 07799 883403
Email: [email protected]

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For those with experience with XPEL, how long does it usually take for data of a new car to be available on their database? I am considering a full PPF wrap after seeing pictures of the white test car covered in mud.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I am considering PPF. But, a body shop guy i know will respray and get out all dings for a lot less than that. I might do it still to hood and front face. eh who am i kidding. screw it.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
... and get out all dings ...
Bit of a sidebar really, but is your guy good with fibreglass? you should know that every panel (except the roof and cantrails?) is composite.

It isn't so much that paint can't be fixed, as it is that living with chips/swirls/etchings until you have enough of them to warrant a respray is infuriating... I'm gonna pay up front for that sacrificial barrier, and be generally less stressed about rocks flying up, or letting the kids (or any person who is not specifically me) wash the car, or birds crapping on it, or whatever.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes the major PPF suppliers like Xpel to come up with a pre-cut template for a new car like the Emira? I assume they need a customer car to take some scans from first. I am keen to get my car protected with Xpel on delivery in June but would definitely want it done with a pre-cut template rather than risking having the PPF cut on the car.

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes the major PPF suppliers like Xpel to come up with a pre-cut template for a new car like the Emira? I assume they need a customer car to take some scans from first. I am keen to get my car protected with Xpel on delivery in June but would definitely want it done with a pre-cut template rather than risking having the PPF cut on the car.
I contacted one company who said that they would need the car for 6 days as they had no templates and would to scan the car first

Golfer1971

Reaction score
Because I ordered with lower black pack ... I'll wrap the roof and some other small parts by myself using a 3D-carbon wrap.
If it will not the way and the look I expect ... I can remove it very easy.