Would you like custom illuminated seat badges?

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi!

I'm currently elaborating on designing custom seat badges. My primary goal would be white illumination with the OEM Lotus or Emira branding. Fully customizable text or RGB illumination won't be too much of a production adjustment if the demand is there.

I'm not taking orders now. Producing mass-ready, safe, and quality products takes time and money and I'm trying to figure out if there's enough interest to make this product happen.

If you're interested I'd be very grateful if you completed this Google Questionnaire to help me out ❤️
No sign-up or email is needed, four multiple-choice questions.

Thank you!

Last edited:

SirSoysauce

Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Hi!

I'm currently elaborating on designing custom seat badges. My primary goal would be white illumination with the OEM Lotus or Emira branding. Fully customizable text or RGB illumination won't be too much of a production adjustment if the demand is there.

I'm not taking orders now. Producing mass-ready, safe, and quality products takes time and money and I'm trying to figure out if there's enough interest to make this product happen.

If you're interested I'd be very grateful if you completed this Google Questionnaire to help me out ❤️
No sign-up or email is needed, four multiple-choice questions.

Thank you!

I've been waiting for someone to come with this! It felt weird that the badges don't like up like BMW M or Hyundai N series! Count me on the list!

Last edited:

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
sounds interesting but I've honestly never seen seat badges that were illuminated. Since you are sitting against/over them, you wont actually see them?

SirSoysauce

Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
sounds interesting but I've honestly never seen seat badges that were illuminated. Since you are sitting against/over them, you wont actually see them?
2020_bmw_x3_m_76_2560x1440.jpg

2022-hyundai-elantra-n-interior-front-rear-seats.jpg

Here's some example photos of illuminated seat badges! You'll find them in the new gen BMW M series across the line. The new 2022+ N series from Hyundai also have them as well (to no surprise since the designer of Hyundai N's was a BMW designer!)

They're more meant to be seen when outside of the vehicle and you're approaching to get in. If I remember correctly, they usually light up when you press the unlock button.

SJones

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
2020_bmw_x3_m_76_2560x1440.jpg

2022-hyundai-elantra-n-interior-front-rear-seats.jpg

Here's some example photos of illuminated seat badges! You'll find them in the new gen BMW M series across the line. The new 2022+ N series from Hyundai also have them as well (to no surprise since the designer of Hyundai N's was a BMW designer!)

They're more meant to be seen when outside of the vehicle and you're approaching to get in. If I remember correctly, they usually light up when you press the unlock button.
Gee, Lotus ownership sure has changed- my Lotus Super Seven didn’t even have a gas gauge ( to save weight) and the first thing my friends and I did with our Europas and Elans was to rip out the radio and speakers to save weight. My Europa didn’t even have a passenger seatbelt (to save weight). Of course by comparison the Emira is grossly overweight ( the seven weighed 980 lbs. total and the Europa about 1470).

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Gee, Lotus ownership sure has changed- my Lotus Super Seven didn’t even have a gas gauge ( to save weight) and the first thing my friends and I did with our Europas and Elans was to rip out the radio and speakers to save weight. My Europa didn’t even have a passenger seatbelt (to save weight). Of course by comparison the Emira is grossly overweight ( the seven weighed 980 lbs. total and the Europa about 1470).

I mean... the Emira is a GT car.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds cool. Might be a little tricky to wire up in order for them to light up when the car is unlocked...

SJones

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I mean... the Emira is a GT car.
I would challenge that description, my F Type R coupe is a GT with real power, speed , luggage space and comfort and luxury that the Emira simply doesn’t have. The Emira is a “modern” sports car that has added equipage that current buyers insist on. Is it softer than my old Elise? Absolutely, but there are simply not enough people interested in pure sports cars ( ones that don’t have anything on them that doesn’t make them faster)these days. By the way, my Europa, a “purer” sports car than the Emira, could carry far more luggage despite its lighter weight and much smaller dimensions. I regularly used it on diving weekends and it could carry all my dive gear, tanks, tents, sleeping bag, cooler, propane stove and clothes in its front and rear trunks.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I would challenge that description, my F Type R coupe is a GT with real power, speed , luggage space and comfort and luxury that the Emira simply doesn’t have. The Emira is a “modern” sports car that has added equipage that current buyers insist on. Is it softer than my old Elise? Absolutely, but there are simply not enough people interested in pure sports cars ( ones that don’t have anything on them that doesn’t make them faster)these days. By the way, my Europa, a “purer” sports car than the Emira, could carry far more luggage despite its lighter weight and much smaller dimensions. I regularly used it on diving weekends and it could carry all my dive gear, tanks, tents, sleeping bag, cooler, propane stove and clothes in its front and rear trunks.
Sounds like you are pretty anti Emiras so I wonder why you are a member. Surely you aren’t going to buy one?

I think Kitkat is right they are a GT car. Firstly F Types ain’t all that because they have questionable build quality with many issues like leather that wears quickly and loads of reliability issues. I work near a Jag dealer where my mate is a senior tech. When I test drove the AWD R before I bought the Emira he told me how many get brought back with issues like diffs failing and electrical issues. One of my work colleagues has one as well and having driven 3 personally I can honestly say the Emira is a way better drive due to being mid engined, and being designed to handle well.
Yes it’s made by Lotus but times move on and even though I agree it’s not an outright 1000kg track car it fitted the bill of being a car that at least meant they would not totally stop petrol production.
Please let’s not compare it with a Europa because on looks alone there’s no comparison.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree because everyone is entitled to their own views.

SJones

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sounds like you are pretty anti Emiras so I wonder why you are a member. Surely you aren’t going to buy one?

I think Kitkat is right they are a GT car. Firstly F Types ain’t all that because they have questionable build quality with many issues like leather that wears quickly and loads of reliability issues. I work near a Jag dealer where my mate is a senior tech. When I test drove the AWD R before I bought the Emira he told me how many get brought back with issues like diffs failing and electrical issues. One of my work colleagues has one as well and having driven 3 personally I can honestly say the Emira is a way better drive due to being mid engined, and being designed to handle well.
Yes it’s made by Lotus but times move on and even though I agree it’s not an outright 1000kg track car it fitted the bill of being a car that at least meant they would not totally stop petrol production.
Please let’s not compare it with a Europa because on looks alone there’s no comparison.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree because everyone is entitled to their own views.
Actually I own 2024 VG Emira. I don’t drive it much due to all the unresolved warranty problems still trying to be sorted out. By the way my F type never had any problems at all…

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Actually I own 2024 VG Emira. I don’t drive it much due to all the unresolved warranty problems still trying to be sorted out. By the way my F type never had any problems at all…
I am shocked you own one with such negative comments but if you can’t drive it I can see why you are so pissed off.
I hope it gets sorted soon because I stand by how good the drive is and I’m sure if you keep it you will end up loving the drive. Some nice twisty roads on a good day will make the difference.
To be fair even with the V6 I have to admit the F Type is the best sounding V8 I’ve ever heard.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
What about illuminated door sills and the under door light that reads Lotus? Too much? Thought I'd ask since we are pontificating a bit. Most new cars have this setup.

SirSoysauce

Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
What about illuminated door sills and the under door light that reads Lotus? Too much? Thought I'd ask since we are pontificating a bit. Most new cars have this setup.

Although I like both of these, I just wonder how to get power (what lines to tap into?) and whether any alterations may need to be necessary to mount a light for the door. I don't think the Emira has a door light.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Meh I think door lights are whatevers anyway. Usually if the puddle light is there you can replace the light cover or bulb to project any image. The illuminated door sills are cool though.