Final Production Seats: A Deeper Dive

andyss

Reaction score
The seats felt great to me - a little firm but that'll loosen up fairly quickly I imagine. Adjustments were all good. Huge amount of front-rear travel! Shame about the lack of bolster adjustment on the back, but I can live with that. Lumbar adjustment worked well and had lots of movement. It was getting late when I was there so the car was shutting down complaining of low battery and the switches weren't always behaving, but I'll put that down to how many people had been in there playing with the seats and screens before me 😁

andyss

Reaction score
PXL_20221001_140239608.jpg

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Well... a $100 million dollar influx / enhancement of their facility for the Emira with an all new, state of the art development and assembly process might have a bit to do with those claims. As mentioned previously, this is an entirely different vehicle than the Evora.
I do I have agree with you, from where we are we can only go up, but if we don’t fix these issues on the Emira, there will massive amount of electrocuted drivers when the electric comes out, don’t know about you, but just in case, I’m wearing rubber gloves and boots while I drive it 🤣

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
2021 Evora GT with 3500K miles and less than a year old and the $5K seats are coming undone, have a water leak (14 years in the making) the AC stopped working twice, the pillar covers are ungluing,
1. This is unfortunate. But thanks for the info, it's useful for those of us who are coming to Lotus from other brands.

2. Is the garaging location climate controlled? Or does it significantly temperature-swing? Just trying to figure out what might be contributing to this, to try to avoid it for myself.

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
1. This is unfortunate. But thanks for the info, it's useful for those of us who are coming to Lotus from other brands.

2. Is the garaging location climate controlled? Or does it significantly temperature-swing? Just trying to figure out what might be contributing to this, to try to avoid it for myself.
I'm fairly certain the seats for the Evora are not an appropriate benchmark for the Emira; They're not from the same source and are unlikely to share same characteristics.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain the seats for the Evora are not an appropriate benchmark for the Emira; They're not from the same source and are unlikely to share same characteristics.

Evora GT seats were from Sparco. Emira's are completely different suppliers.

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

I don't know the past since the car was traded in by it's original owner, mind you, this guy spent $10K on a car wrap and failed to do basic maintenance (should be illegal) I'm anal about my cars so I'm taking care of all needs, I've had the car for 9 weeks and been without it for 4 of those 9, just taking care of business! the Lotus my friend is like your problem child, you want to disown, buy love him too much :ROFLMAO:

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Evora GT seats were from Sparco. Emira's are completely different suppliers.
Sorry, At this point I don't trust anything Lotus puts together, if I was in charge I run a recall and make Sparco eat every seat they made for every Evora!! the Emira will certainly bring a new set of problems... A company doesn't correct decades of poor craftsmanship overnight, you never hear a Porsche owner say Porsche craftsmanship used to be good, not anymore.....believe you me, I hope I'm dead wrong!!

Last edited:

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
in 2025 I'll be 65 so I should be alive then, I'll make sure to bring this thread back to continue to discuss those awesome Emira seats :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Sorry, At this point I don't trust anything Lotus puts together, if I was in charge I run a recall and make Sparco eat every seat they made for every Evora!! the Emira will certainly bring a new set of problems... A company doesn't correct decades of poor craftsmanship overnight, you never hear a Porsche owner say Porsche craftsmanship used to be good, not anymore.....believe you me, I hope I'm dead wrong!!
With an influx of Geely's investment and an entirely new technologically advanced facility, there is reason for cautions optimism.

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, I know. I was referring to his experiences with interior pieces coming unglued, water leaks, etc. That's stuff you wouldn't have tolerated in a base Toyota Camry back in 1995, much less a $100k sports car in 2021, so it's useful as a point of reference for comparison to the Emira's initial quality.

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Evora seats were upholstered in-house in a trim shop by Lotus employees. It shows some of the process in the documentary "Lotus: A New Dawn".

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The Evora seats were upholstered in-house in a trim shop by Lotus employees. It shows some of the process in the documentary "Lotus: A New Dawn".
They had been for years, but I'm not sure the final iteration of the GT seats were... in subsequent docs we've seen that many that worked in those depts have been transferred to different stations as things are done a bit more high tech now.

centerpunch

Reaction score
Geely has essentially jacked up the Lotus name and built an entirely new company under it- new car, new factory, new suppliers. Their new brand Polestar has generated rave reviews for design and quality, and I suspect that’s a good indication of what we can expect from the equally-new Lotus.

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Geely has essentially jacked up the Lotus name and built an entirely new company under it- new car, new factory, new suppliers. Their new brand Polestar has generated rave reviews for design and quality, and I suspect that’s a good indication of what we can expect from the equally-new Lotus.

Renew or die

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Wish your experience was better.

In an effort to continue to derail this nice thread about seats, I just wanted to say that I have not had any of these problems with water leakage and my seats are not falling apart. I guess not all Evoras were made on a Friday right before a long holiday weekend.
Pardon me, didn't mean to highjack thread :) let's talk about the wonderful Emira seats...did you noticed they are design for older people? the balls sack holder is further forwards of that on a regular car :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Thierry Lotus Verhiest 02.jpeg

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've moved the off-topic posts about Evora reliability and water leakage (and similar issues in other cars) to a new thread here:

Where posts are relevant to discussion of the Emira seats (the topic of this thread) I have copied the posts so they are in both this thread and the new one. Some of the posts are mixed and so I've done some minor editing.

The posts pointing out off-topic posts have been deleted :)

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've moved the off-topic posts about Evora reliability and water leakage (and similar issues in other cars) to a new thread here:

Where posts are relevant to discussion of the Emira seats (the topic of this thread) I have copied the posts so they are in both this thread and the new one. Some of the posts are mixed and so I've done some minor editing.

The posts pointing out off-topic posts have been deleted :)
Fair enough, Thank you!

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts