What road trip would you like to do in your Emira (when we get it)

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What do you mean by closed, private driving for your and your partner?

JXJ

Reaction score
What do you mean by closed, private driving for your and your partner?
Pretty much, we we’re heading East, road closed sign decided we would explore as this particular section of the N260 is supposed to be excellent, a few miles further on the road had collapsed and was under repair, beyond the rock fall you see on the video. Recorded the video heading back to point A. Spent a bit time setting the drone shots.

JXJ

Reaction score
Another great road the D2202 North of Nice, a unique configuration and stunning scenery. The Red Rock Road

Reactions: ADC

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think the road trip that everyone would want now is the road trip from the dealer back home after finally picking up their EMIRA
True on that.
But when I get the car and after 1000 mile service I will be heading to Arkansas to drive the Talehmena byway and the Pigs Trail as well as some other great twisties in the area

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Stunning. The roads in Spain 🇪🇸 are soooo good. #allthatEUmoney 😅
I know a few Lotus owners who have got the ferry from UK to Santander/Bilbao then had fantastic driving holidays through Spain.

There’s a Lotus trip in Portugal running this week too.

JXJ

Reaction score
I know a few Lotus owners who have got the ferry from UK to Santander/Bilbao then had fantastic driving holidays through Spain.

I had September booked Portsmouth to Bilbao no Emira, Exige sold, I have pushed back to June next year, hopefully car will arrive before 😑.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I had September booked Portsmouth to Bilbao no Emira, Exige sold, I have pushed back to June next year, hopefully car will arrive before 😑.
Yeah... I feel you. I thought I was being pessimistic (last year) when planning to take my i4 FE for a cheeky run somewhere in November 2022... ha. ha ha. ha ha ha ha ha. *muffled sob*

Originally I was going to stick to the UK for the maiden voyage, but maybe a "work trip" all the way down to our Lisbon office next summer is in order 🤔

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Northern Spain is so under visited (long may that continue...)
Thought I'd go exploring Galicia at some point and then down through Portugal for a change. Can't imagine the roads in Portugal are as good though

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thought I'd go exploring Galicia at some point and then down through Portugal for a change. Can't imagine the roads in Portugal are as good though
Driving what, though? (not trolling :) )

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Some great roads in Portugal - Duoro Valley for example.

If anyone wants to organise an Emira owners trip in Spain next year, it sounds like there would be a few interested.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

If anyone wants to organise an Emira owners trip in Spain next year, it sounds like there would be a few interested.
Tom, I know we are all connected through this forum. I dont know if this has been mentioned before, and it may seem a bit premature as no one has actually got an Emira yet. But can we start an Emira owners club. Anyone interested?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I am in Portugal every year for 1.5 months - July until mid August... So if anyone is driving around Spain/Portugal around that time I am in... I may have to rent a Lotus for that week, but well worth it!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
We have great roads Leonard! Porsche and many other Manufacturers do a lot of car launches in Portugal... usually either in Estoril or Portimao because of the tracks, but Tom is correct, the Douro region has some great roads as well.

Last edited:

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
We have great roads Leonard! Porsche and many other Manufacturers do a lot of car launches in Portugal... usually either in Estroil or Portimao because of the tracks, but Tom is correct, the Douro region has some great roads as well.
Agreed. We were in the Douro in May and can attest to the roads being worth driving.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
We have great roads Leonard! Porsche and many other Manufacturers do a lot of car launches in Portugal... usually either in Estoril or Portimao because of the tracks, but Tom is correct, the Douro region has some great roads as well.
Amazing, good to hear.
I'm ashamed to say I've only been once and it was stunning, but the roads I travelled were a bit rural (not in a good way lol)
I'd forgotten Estoril was there! 🤦

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Tom, I know we are all connected through this forum. I dont know if this has been mentioned before, and it may seem a bit premature as no one has actually got an Emira yet. But can we start an Emira owners club. Anyone interested?
That’s what the forum will become once cars start being delivered…