• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Simple MagSafe mount/charger - with parts/instructions

Shyatic

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hey all,

So let me start by putting up some pictures of how this looks. This is the finished product, and very simple and easy to setup.
IMG_1340.JPEG
IMG_1339.JPEG
IMG_1337.JPEG

Last edited:
OP
Shyatic

Shyatic

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
On the Arkon Mount, it usually comes with a nut adaptor that allows you to clamp onto a nut. You can use this, but it will limit your seat movement because of how it will be positioned, and if for some reason you need to move the seat up... you'll have problems.

Instead, swap the U shaped connector with the Plate connector onto the bottom of the mount. Un-do the left bolt (T45) of the seat as well as the right bolt. You'll need both loose in order to pry the seat up a bit.

On the bolt that is closest to the center console (this is different for US vs UK cars obviously), remove it *completely*. You'll need to wedge the plate underneath the rain and slide it *behind the bolt* as shown here:
IMG_1336.JPEG

From here, reinsert the bolt, tighten it down and the arm and clamp should be all set!

OP
Shyatic

Shyatic

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Finally, with the MagSafe charger -- remove the ball mount with a little philips screwdriver and get it to be flat on the bottom. Cut the 3M tape to size and attach it to the 22mm ball mount adaptor. Then screw that on to the top of the gooseneck mount.

From here, power it whichever way you want. I am choosing to use the rear 12v cigarette lighter since I'll never use it for anything else, and the wire can be completely hidden under the seat rail and wrap up the gooseneck with zipties. Your phone will be easily accessible, visible, and if you glance at it -- respond to FaceID for us iPhone users. And it's hard to forget since well... it's sitting right there!

Hope this is helpful. I have done these mounts in other cars and love them because it's easy and accessible, and now with the MagSafe charger, makes it super simple for charging as well.

OP
Shyatic

Shyatic

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How is vibration?
Very low - these are the same mounts that police officers use to hold tablets and laptops and things, so they tend to be very sturdy. The only trick I've learned with that, is don't get one longer than you need. I opted for the shortest one they make which I think is 18", and since it butts up against the center console it barely moves at all.

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
is this the mount that you used?

Arkon Car or Truck Seat Rail or Floor Phone Holder Mount for iPhone 12 11 XS XR Note 20 10 Retail Black​

but I could find the 22mm adapter with 4 holes mount

Last edited:
OP
Shyatic

Shyatic

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
is this the mount that you used?

Arkon Car or Truck Seat Rail or Floor Phone Holder Mount for iPhone 12 11 XS XR Note 20 10 Retail Black​

Yep, no idea why Amazon links are blocked. Gotta get the one with the smallest length, believe that’s it.

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
is it this one? seem Amazon is out.

OP
Shyatic

Shyatic

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ball adapter: ARKON Mounts 22mm Ball to 4 Hole...

OP
Shyatic

Shyatic

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I updated the post with all the links for everything above, just FYI.