What is EVOs problem….

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I learned a long time ago car reviewers are extremely biased over their own preferences, and I don't really take them seriously.

This is coming from a guy who has an M2C, a car every auto journalist said was "not as good" as a 718. :ROFLMAO:

Didn't stop me from ordering/owning one, of which 3 years later - still brings a huge grin to my face on weekend drives.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
They manage to squeeze another emira dig in this month in the new corvette review, pointing out how much better/faster it is than the emira around anglesey track. 3sec a lap, which tbf is also not great for Lotus, a vetted the better car on track 🤷🏻

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They manage to squeeze another emira dig in this month in the new corvette review, pointing out how much better/faster it is than the emira around anglesey track. 3sec a lap, which tbf is also not great for Lotus, a vetted the better car on track 🤷🏻

Lotus should have made the Emira a better car 🤷‍♂️

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Lotus should have made the Emira a better car 🤷‍♂️
Certainly looks that way, at least from evo's perspective. The group test also includes a 4.0gts cayman. Would have been nice if lotus had had a production ready car to give it another shot. They either don't care (most likely) or weren't confident enough in the emira to offer one

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
i read his reply and just thought this...
vic_and_bob.jpg

OP
Speedluvver

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Certainly looks that way, at least from evo's perspective. The group test also includes a 4.0gts cayman. Would have been nice if lotus had had a production ready car to give it another shot. They either don't care (most likely) or weren't confident enough in the emira to offer one
Evo will get a sports/cup2 car imminently based on what one of the lotus folks said at the b&c launch last week… the vette has more horsepower and was on 4s tyres which are more track focused than the Goodyear.
let’s wait and see on that before we say lotus should have built a better car…

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For some reason they seem to have chosen to be priggish about the Emira, or maybe it's the new Lotus they don't like.

It took GM with it's vast resources, 13 years of investment and work to create the mid-engine Corvette. Their legal department is probably bigger than the entire payroll at Lotus. Same with a company like Porsche; vast resources and personnel to create what they do. Lotus took 2 years from start to the concept debut last year, and are now shipping production cars which by all accounts are quite good. Better in quality, fit and finish than any car they've ever made.

I've seen C8's running around town. They look good from the front, but awkward from other angles, especially the back. We have Porsches everywhere, and to me they just look like another brick in the wall. For me the Emira is 'the path less trodden'. She out-performs the other 2 in the looks department, and that's what has apparently ruffled the feathers of the prigs at Evo.

To paraphrase a song:

Well I heard old Evo talk about her,
I heard old Evo put her down,
I hope old Evo will remember,
Emira folks don't need them around anyhow.

We'll be fine.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Evo will get a sports/cup2 car imminently based on what one of the lotus folks said at the b&c launch last week… the vette has more horsepower and was on 4s tyres which are more track focused than the Goodyear.
let’s wait and see on that before we say lotus should have built a better car…
I thought/was hoping the Goodyears would be comparable to the Michelin 4S surely?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
For some reason they seem to have chosen to be priggish about the Emira, or maybe it's the new Lotus they don't like.

It took GM with it's vast resources, 13 years of investment and work to create the mid-engine Corvette. Their legal department is probably bigger than the entire payroll at Lotus. Same with a company like Porsche; vast resources and personnel to create what they do. Lotus took 2 years from start to the concept debut last year, and are now shipping production cars which by all accounts are quite good. Better in quality, fit and finish than any car they've ever made.

I've seen C8's running around town. They look good from the front, but awkward from other angles, especially the back. We have Porsches everywhere, and to me they just look like another brick in the wall. For me the Emira is 'the path less trodden'. She out-performs the other 2 in the looks department, and that's what has apparently ruffled the feathers of the prigs at Evo.

To paraphrase a song:

Well I heard old Evo talk about her,
I heard old Evo put her down,
I hope old Evo will remember,
Emira folks don't need them around anyhow.

We'll be fine.
All I'm hearing again is the Emira looks fantastic so all can and should be forgiven

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Not a huge surprise, given the power deficit, but.. is this 3 seconds faster in comparison to when they ran the Emira on a wet track just after hurricane-whats-its-name? Not offering a defence, just curious.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'd be surprised, 4s are the best tyre I've used by a margin and I've not heard anything negative.

If I keep my Emira ill likely swap over to 4s
I guess they could have used 4s and saved themselves months of testing different Goodyear compounds, after all they have access to CUP2s. I think it’s more the case that commercially having a second supplier of tyres works better for Lotus. I have 4s on my M3 and they are the best tyre by far for that car.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I'd be surprised, 4s are the best tyre I've used by a margin and I've not heard anything negative.

If I keep my Emira ill likely swap over to 4s
True I cant fault the 4S but there are other good tyres out there.
I thought the Lotus Goodyear was comparable to the Supersport which beat the Michelin by a margin on the last EVO tyre test

Screenshot_20221005-192649_Chrome.jpg

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
True I cant fault the 4S but there are other good tyres out there.
I thought the Lotus Goodyear was comparable to the Supersport which beat the Michelin by a margin on the last EVO tyre test
I can only imagine they must have been so disappointed in Michelin...

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I can only imagine they must have been so disappointed in Michelin...
Tbf there are probably some EVO parallels to be drawn.
Michelin, great tyre, but feeling its age and surpassed by the competition.
Now imagine if they got to test a new Pilot Sport and it handled more poorly than the last ;) Sooo disappointing

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
All I'm hearing again is the Emira looks fantastic so all can and should be forgiven
Because that's how you want to hear what's said. You seemed to have missed the part in my post in the 3rd paragraph, 4th sentence where I said "For me..." which prefaced my view on how I felt about the Emira. I never said anything about anything else that "can and should be forgiven".

I'm buying a car, which is all I was expecting to buy when I placed my deposit back in July of last year. You and others apparently expected you were buying an experience that included more than just the car. You haven't gotten that, and that's upset you. Some are even cancelling their orders because of that. Many more apparently aren't particularly upset, and are simply waiting for their car to be built and delivered. There's really no need to go through any angst or drama. It's just a car. If Lotus isn't performing in a way that's acceptable to you, move on.