What is EVOs problem….

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wish more folk would tell it how it is. You aren't allowed a contrary or inflamatory opinion nowadays though.
And don't start me on opinions based on facts, crazy talk 😅
Of course you're "allowed". Just because somebody doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you aren't "allowed" So if someone says something negative, you aren't allowed a contrary opinion? That works both ways. I accept that not everyone is going to agree with me, but I don't see that as them saying I don't have a right to my opinion. To each his own.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Are you reading the reviews of the people who are receiving their cars?

“I HATE my new 100k car I waited 2 years for” said by nobody ever lol

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Of course you're "allowed". Just because somebody doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you aren't "allowed" So if someone says something negative, you aren't allowed a contrary opinion? That works both ways. I accept that not everyone is going to agree with me, but I don't see that as them saying I don't have a right to my opinion. To each his own.
I hereby declare your opinions void

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I’ll be interested in the feedback from customers who do a test drive and then cancel, particularly if they are coming from another brand and/or immediately buy something else.

Their views (and of brand converts who go ahead) will probably be more informative than feedback from serial Lotus owners.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’ll be interested in the feedback from customers who do a test drive and then cancel, particularly if they are coming from another brand and/or immediately buy something else.

Their views (and of brand converts who go ahead) will probably be more informative than feedback from serial Lotus owners.
This is me. After I drive an i4, I’m buying it or the best $80k 718 new or cpo I can find or a new C8 HTC

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I agree with this 100%. I'm also interested in any mixed feedback from new owners.

So far I haven't seen anything particularly negative from people who have driven it, other than Jethro and one particular test team at CAR who were inexplicably comparing a Touring chassis Emira against a Ferrari 296 GTB, a McLaren 765LT Spider, and a GT4 RS (with the Weissach package!). 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Twin Cam

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I suppose it’s all as confusing as you want it to be, at 1500 kg she was never going to be a track queen, that belonged to the Exige. Yeah, the V6 and box is getting on in years…. So if it’s not for you there is the i4, can’t really get more up to date than that.
with the UK ONTR starting price of £62k it also gets a bit boring seeing these reviewers that keep comparing it to cars that cost thousands more.
it’s like saying Roberto Duran can’t box because he couldn’t beat Tyson

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
it's 'interesting' to note that only one (latecomer to the party...i think) on this forum has a car in their ownership.....
maybe membership is a barrier to ownership.............:oops:

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

This is me, coming from a gt4, my 15th porsche, serial buyer of m cars rs, amg etc and the only lotus I've had, s1 elise, I didn't get on at all

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
it's 'interesting' to note that only one (latecomer to the party...i think) on this forum has a car in their ownership.....
maybe membership is a barrier to ownership.............:oops:
I guess if you call the daughter fat, the father doesn't let you date her 😉😅

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

You don't like to read and quote things in context, do you.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Uh. The ancient powertrain?
Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 3.34.55 PM.png

See the "except the engine and trans" part?

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 3.35.06 PM.png

Oh you did see that...and yet...

You:
"Uh. The ancient powertrain?"

I won't bother with you anymore. Have a nice day.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 3.35.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 3.35.56 PM.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 20

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Lotus took 2 years from start to the concept

AND….. it’s slower
As Lotus has advertised, the Emira will be able to reach 0-60 mph in less than 4.5 seconds. That's slightly longer than the 3.8 seconds that the 2020 Evora GT can do it in. As for the new car's top speed, 180 mph is the official number given by Lotus. Again, that's slightly under Evora's top speed of 188 mph.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Haha that’s fair. Have you taken one for a spin yet? How will you use your Emira, third car?
I’m not interested in any automatic cars. I had a new Nissan GTR and it was fun for a month. Emira will be a weekend car with gated R8. I will probably track Emira twice a year. If it does not make me smile I will sell and keep R8. I will admit the Vette front is good but everything else is hideous.

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lotus took 2 years from start to the concept

AND….. it’s slower
As Lotus has advertised, the Emira will be able to reach 0-60 mph in less than 4.5 seconds. That's slightly longer than the 3.8 seconds that the 2020 Evora GT can do it in. As for the new car's top speed, 180 mph is the official number given by Lotus. Again, that's slightly under Evora's top speed of 188 mph.
What's your point with this? In fact, what are you trying to say generally? That you think the car is shit? Just be plain and stop talking around it.

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is me, coming from a gt4, my 15th porsche, serial buyer of m cars rs, amg etc and the only lotus I've had, s1 elise, I didn't get on at all
You didn't get on with the S1 Elise? Or didn't get on with the Emira (assuming you test drove)?