What are you driving until the Emira arrives?

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'lll be driving one of these two, depending on the weather.
I think Magma will go well with the Defender?
View attachment 19592
But they both leak 😬. I had a 2016 90 XS which I now regret selling, but I was always using dum dum putty sealing areas in the passenger area to stop water coming in. Would still have one if they returned to the 2019 prices.

adamrj

Reaction score
A V8 Vantage. Took my Emira test drive today at Lotus Silverstone which was excellent. But I have to say it really didn't show up the Vantage either: getting back into it after the test drive it felt as good as ever. Just the view in the side mirror doesn't come close to the Emira.

Attachments

• 20221117_095850.jpg
    20221117_095850.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 69

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
But they both leak 😬. I had a 2016 90 XS which I now regret selling, but I was always using dum dum putty sealing areas in the passenger area to stop water coming in. Would still have one if they returned to the 2019 prices.
1668724451290.png

that was mine, or close enough...
I can safely say, I would never buy one again haha...and it didnt leak and you could eat your dinner off the engine.
But what a pig to drive...... no, not for me.... looks very cool..had the black roof rack.... 40% more HP, but still slow as a shed going sideways. in 6th to be fair it was fine. or was it 5th..probably th, cant have had 6 surely. in fact I think it accelerated quicker in 5th than in any other gear.
I got stuck in Paris once... in the underground toll road.... it was too tall with the roof rack, by about 2cm..... that was a fun evening!
i bought it without a test drive... just as its one of those things you should have once in your life.... like a classic mini..... an Alpha / Lancia...... a 911... possibly....a Lotus...if they ever give it to you.... and sex with a bag over your.. ohh sorry, wrong forum.....

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm quite glad of the 2022 prices ...
Mine's worth about what I paid for it!

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm quite glad of the 2022 prices ...
Mine's worth about what I paid for it!
I got back what I paid for mine after 9 months ownership. Now I’d be looking at mid 40s as it was landmark spec but not official. Good car to have enjoyed once in your life, maybe 2.

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Could be persuaded to jump at one of these to scratch that itch and fill the gap between now and July (with a Mcl warranty of course)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The first one will come with a Thorney warranty, so that's worth £3k.

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
How good is the thorney warranty though? I’m not going to compare to an Emira so don’t worry everyone. Look at it though! For the money! Wow!
1668814001388.png

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Could be persuaded to jump at one of these to scratch that itch and fill the gap between now and July (with a Mcl warranty of course)

Just posted this elsewhere, same combo as my Emira but cheaper 🤣

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just posted this elsewhere, same combo as my Emira but cheaper 🤣

Now these are beautiful aren’t there… sitting in one of these truly special never mind driving one. Love them

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
View attachment 19596
that was mine, or close enough...
I can safely say, I would never buy one again haha...and it didnt leak and you could eat your dinner off the engine.
But what a pig to drive...... no, not for me.... looks very cool..had the black roof rack.... 40% more HP, but still slow as a shed going sideways. in 6th to be fair it was fine. or was it 5th..probably th, cant have had 6 surely. in fact I think it accelerated quicker in 5th than in any other gear.
I got stuck in Paris once... in the underground toll road.... it was too tall with the roof rack, by about 2cm..... that was a fun evening!
i bought it without a test drive... just as its one of those things you should have once in your life.... like a classic mini..... an Alpha / Lancia...... a 911... possibly....a Lotus...if they ever give it to you.... and sex with a bag over your.. ohh sorry, wrong forum.....
You definitely wouldn’t buy one for the driving experience 😂 Wouldn’t be without mine though

Attachments

• 905D45F7-701A-4A1B-9EE0-35C5E65D6DB8.jpeg
    905D45F7-701A-4A1B-9EE0-35C5E65D6DB8.jpeg
    477.8 KB · Views: 15

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Based on all the threads I’ve read about delays and such, I’ll probably be driven (and not driving any longer) by the time this thing lands on American soil.
OR
At the very least, my childhood promise of flying cars (thanks Jetsons) will finally be realized.

#ForTheFuture