What are you driving until the Emira arrives?

jagseven

Reaction score
I've seen this color on Range Rovers before. It looks great on the SVR! What's the maintenance like on a satin paint finish?
I’m told it’s just careful hand wash/snow foam - no polishing! I really didn’t think I’d like a satin finish - I’ve always liked to clean/polish/shine my cars but this particular colour just works (at least for me). Never thought I’d love a “grey” coloured car!

jagseven

Reaction score
Your car looks a bit like my MX5, though my car is a PRHT version. It has lots of modifications - intake, exhaust, suspension, lights, wheels.View attachment 22549
That does look similar - slightly darker perhaps…but BUT blue wheels!! Have always had a soft spot for the MX5 - I was genuinely considering one as an alternative to spanking loads of money on an SVR/Emira. A good car is a just a good car!

Reaction score
That does look similar - slightly darker perhaps…but BUT blue wheels!! Have always had a soft spot for the MX5 - I was genuinely considering one as an alternative to spanking loads of money on an SVR/Emira. A good car is a just a good car!
Picked up Exige S1 at the weekend, but it wont be out until the salt goes in April. Emira due in April so will be a tough choice :)

Attachments

• image_50446081.JPG
    image_50446081.JPG
    260.7 KB · Views: 53

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I bought used Enkei wheels and had them powder-coated - a "superchrome" base and a tinted polyurethane overcoat. Maybe I can find this color of wrap for the Emira! But yes, they are one of the most fun cars to drive.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This is what I am driving until my Emira arrives in Q2 2024. BMW M4 Comp - a refined beast with 503 bhp!! Arrived just before Xmas and the roads have been a little damp since so care needed!

View attachment 22568
There's a manual M4 at our Mercedes dealer in Isle of Man Green with ivory interior that I want to test drive so bad!

Silver Storm

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My current garage queen is my modified 2008 Lexus GS450h. My wife shares her 2010 Lexus RX450h with me when my GS is in winter storage. :D My problem will be where to store my GS when the Emira arrives, as my garage will only fit one car. I'll worry about that when the Emira arrives lol.

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My current garage queen is my modified 2008 Lexus GS450h. My wife shares her 2010 Lexus RX450h with me when my GS is in winter storage. :D My problem will be where to store my GS when the Emira arrives, as my garage will only fit one car. I'll worry about that when the Emira arrives lol.
That's easy, build another garage! One of my brother in laws has a 4-car garage. I'm jealous.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Recently, with all the updates and resulting gnashing of teeth and shaking of fists, I have been driving my wife crazy by sharing these updates to her, which she couldn't care less about.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Will it fit a 4 post lift? Here's a pretty compact one. 220v seems required though.

Carbuilder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This is what I am driving until my Emira arrives in Q2 2024. BMW M4 Comp - a refined beast with 503 bhp!! Arrived just before Xmas and the roads have been a little damp since so care needed!

View attachment 22568
I bought the same car, same colour, last fall. Drove it for a couple days before putting it away for the winter. Can't wait to start driving it again in the spring. It is all wheel drive, so I could drive it in the snow, but choose not to. I've never had an automatic with paddle shifters that shifted well...this one is amazingly fast; shifting and accelerating!

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That's the most un-American thing I have heard today. 🤣
I get the humor but not true. Most cities in the states have strict limits on the size of secondary structures in the city limits. You must be talking about country folk in America. If you live in the country its a free for all.
🤠

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I get the humor but not true. Most cities in the states have strict limits on the size of secondary structures in the city limits. You must be talking about country folk in America. If you live in the country its a free for all.
🤠
Yea, I know. I own a home in a community with very strict bylaws. I was just making fun at the idea of restrictive covenants/bylaws/easements.