Video: New Base Colors and Interior Options Revealed

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If you already have the car, why not wrap it whatever color you like?
A couple of reasons (for me anyways):
  • To my eyes, all wraps look pretty amateur, even when they're installed by professionals. I've never seen a wrap that passed for paint (although now that I say that, maybe I have seen a wrap that passed for paint, but I didn't know it at the time because I thought it was just paint... 😲🤔)
  • I've seen users on rennlist talking about how even elite car wrapping shops have left knife scratches in their car's body panels when applying a wrap, and that's kind of put me off taking the risk on my own car

morphious

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A couple of reasons (for me anyways):
  • To my eyes, all wraps look pretty amateur, even when they're installed by professionals. I've never seen a wrap that passed for paint (although now that I say that, maybe I have seen a wrap that passed for paint, but I didn't know it at the time because I thought it was just paint... 😲🤔)
  • I've seen users on rennlist talking about how even elite car wrapping shops have left knife scratches in their car's body panels when applying a wrap, and that's kind of put me off taking the risk on my own car
Agree with you, but wraps have come a long way I feel. I too am getting mine in HY and will be wrapping it upon delivery. I had the same concern with knives and asked the shop doing the work this and their response was : "We never put any blades to vehicles when installing, so cuts on your vehicle will not be an issue. We use knifeless tape to cut the vinyl so it doesn't cause any damage to the vehicle." I will be verifying this prior to installation, but helped put my mind at rest.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Agree with you, but wraps have come a long way I feel. I too am getting mine in HY and will be wrapping it upon delivery. I had the same concern with knives and asked the shop doing the work this and their response was : "We never put any blades to vehicles when installing, so cuts on your vehicle will not be an issue. We use knifeless tape to cut the vinyl so it doesn't cause any damage to the vehicle." I will be verifying this prior to installation, but helped put my mind at rest.
Good to know, thanks! Maybe I will revisit the idea once mine gets here...

p4ulh

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Does anyone know if the potential S & R verions could still be a manual?

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Popped into the factory this morning and had a chat about the video and colours.
A guy very well informed advised that the video is just someone trying to get views and it’s b0llocks apparently 😁
The moron that released that video told TomE on face book that it was an April fool that he released early. Total rubbish, just making excuses because he got called out for telling lies.

AndySXV

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the potential S & R verions could still be a manual?
I don’t think there is any clear direction and it’s all guess work. I heard the R version will be 440bhp and only available in i4 auto! More than likely totally made up.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Almost all the S and R info that has been published on social media has been made up!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The moron that released that video told TomE on face book that it was an April fool that he released early. Total rubbish, just making excuses because he got called out for telling lies.
He’s the second person to have published an “exclusive” using the old Lotus Your Way swatches. I wonder if the dealer has been playing with these YouTubers.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
He’s the second person to have published an “exclusive” using the old Lotus Your Way swatches. I wonder if the dealer has been playing with these YouTubers.
Tom, before he responded to you saying it was a joke, he replied to me to say it was filmed at a lotus dealer (to legitimise it)

When I asked him whether the staff there had specifically told him they were Emira swatches/colours he went quiet. Perhaps they should be keeping an eye out for these idiots making dumb videos on their premises.

AndySXV

Reaction score
Good to know, thanks! Maybe I will revisit the idea once mine gets here...
I had my McLaren wrapped and they did the same, strict no blade rule. One thing to remember, some places won’t px a wrapped car unless the wrap is removed. They can hide all sorts of issues.
it’s a shame if they are. There’s enough bad press and I’ll feeling towards Lotus and their PR efforts. It only adds more fuel to the fire.

AndySXV

Reaction score
I had my McLaren wrapped and they did the same, strict no blade rule. One thing to remember, some places won’t px a wrapped car unless the wrap is removed. They can hide all sorts of issues.

it’s a shame if they are. There’s enough bad press and I’ll feeling towards Lotus and their PR efforts. It only adds more fuel to the fire.
Tom is such a tease 😂

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I would wait just a bit after delivery. Lots of people have reported paint issues and with new paint it can take an unbelievable amount of time to fully cure (up to 3 months).

Ft.S

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The new colors appear in the configurator now.