• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Lotus Eric

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
After 5 days of my car sitting at the Lotus of Long Island dealer waiting for the MSO to be sent from Lotus, they finally got a scanned copy this afternoon and I ran over and picked it up! Of course then it started to rain on drive back and it got dark, but I’m happy that my two and a half year wait is finally over and my childhood dream car is now sitting in my driveway! I think I am the first to take delivery in New York State, let me know if anybody beat me to the dealer…

Attachments

• IMG_2906.jpeg
    IMG_2906.jpeg
    616.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
After 5 days of my car sitting at the Lotus of Long Island dealer waiting for the MSO to be sent from Lotus, they finally got a scanned copy this afternoon and I ran over and picked it up! Of course then it started to rain on drive back and it got dark, but I’m happy that my two and a half year wait is finally over and my childhood dream car is now sitting in my driveway! I think I am the first to take delivery in New York Stare, let me know if anybody beat me to the dealer…
I drove mine in to NY state this morning, does that count? Now at home in the Hudson Valley.

vdr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
After 5 days of my car sitting at the Lotus of Long Island dealer waiting for the MSO to be sent from Lotus, they finally got a scanned copy this afternoon and I ran over and picked it up! Of course then it started to rain on drive back and it got dark, but I’m happy that my two and a half year wait is finally over and my childhood dream car is now sitting in my driveway! I think I am the first to take delivery in New York Stare, let me know if anybody beat me to the dealer…
Congrats! I’m happy to hear that Lotus of Long Island is finally getting cars, last I heard they were cautiously optimistic that they’d start deliveries at the end of the month.

ajbucolo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations! I saw it there yesterday when I went to see my Nimbus Grey (awaiting PPF) and sort out the listing of my Elan Sprint on BAT. Great spec.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Still waiting to confirm when I can go pick up my car… 😑

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations! Part of me thinks I should have been me as their first deposit, but I’m certain lotus knows nothing about that ordering, and it’s the luck of the draw at this point. GE has been pretty good keeping me up to date. Should be any day now. Car looks lovely on your driveway. Good luck with the break in! Did you do the dealer ppf, how does it look?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congrats!It looks stunning! Enjoy it and let us know your review on it!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My car was on the 4/7 ship and my guy at Park Place said it's on the truck on its way, and should be there Monday. I think it's reasonable to expect the cars that have to be transported all the way across the country, like the west coast dealers, to arrive sometime next week.

Motodoc8

Reaction score
Eagle7, when you get your car (or at least after 1,000 break-in miles 😁), it would be great to get together with others in the SeaTac area for a drive. The car is amazing, and it has been fun taking it out on some of the roads up on the peninsula. I’ve already met some other great local Emira fans who noticed it sitting in the driveway. Will plan to be at Griots Caffeine and Gasoline in May.

Lotus Eric

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations! Part of me thinks I should have been me as their first deposit, but I’m certain lotus knows nothing about that ordering, and it’s the luck of the draw at this point. GE has been pretty good keeping me up to date. Should be any day now. Car looks lovely on your driveway. Good luck with the break in! Did you do the dealer ppf, how does it look?
I couldn’t wait even another day for PPF, but will do it and lots of providers around here including the dealer. Planning to take the car tomorrow on 5 day trip around New England to look at colleges with my daughter even without PPF though. I‘m gonna drive and enjoy it carefree, life’s too short…

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When will my 4/7 Newark car land in California? (Taking bets...) I have April 26th
My car landed in Baltimore in the beginning of February and the dealer didn't get it (in North Carolina!) until the middle of March. So don't be too optimistic on timing.

Last edited:

Lotus Eric

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congrats!It looks stunning! Enjoy it and let us know your review on it!
Ok, I’ve had all of two hours driving it, but honestly, and I’m a pretty critical guy, it’s like nothing else. The handling and road connection is just unmatched. It’s fun at low speeds with gearing requiring quick shifts that keep you involved (very annoying you have to switch to Sport mode every time you start the car though.). Lotus has made a shot across the bow of Porsche saying drivers don’t want all your heavy electronic steering cars with too many unpurchased options leaving glaring empty spaces in my dash. And they don’t want to pay extra for simpler “limited edition” manual versions with more angular looks.

The Emira has an absolutely excellent design all around interior and exterior. And feature wise it is a welcome throwback to pre-nanny era cars. Just enough luxury features but not too many. I think it’s a balanced wake up call to the world in general.

As far as negatives go: I’m used to much smoother shifters (in my BMW 135i and high school Honda Prelude Si) so I thought the old clunky shifter in the Emira would be it’s biggest drawback (which it is) but it keeps you involved and adds character and not as bad as I thought it would be. Also as expected the KEF stereo is crappy by today’s standards (we didn’t need a throwback on this), which is an annoyance.

LA Kimball

Reaction score
Got some info last night - it’s Lotus so take with a grain of salt.

Largest shipment to date expected to leave the UK any day.
FEs are done as we know, base config should be coming in a few weeks.
Eletre pricing any day.
Thanks for sharing. I am a very late depositor (Feb 10, 2024) as part of the last allocations on the FE 2.0 manual. I was told by the dealer the build would be June/ July with a Oct/Nov delivery most likely. That conflicts with the info you received. Was your news on just the manual FEs or did it include the automatic FEs as well?

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ok, I’ve had all of two hours driving it, but honestly, and I’m a pretty critical guy, it’s like nothing else. The handling and road connection is just unmatched. It’s fun at low speeds with gearing requiring quick shifts that keep you involved (very annoying you have to switch to Sport mode every time you start the car though.). Lotus has made a shot across the bow of Porsche saying drivers don’t want all your heavy electronic steering cars with too many unpurchased options leaving glaring empty spaces in my dash. And they don’t want to pay extra for simpler “limited edition” manual versions with more angular looks.

The Emira has an absolutely excellent design all around interior and exterior. And feature wise it is a welcome throwback to pre-nanny era cars. Just enough luxury features but not too many. I think it’s a balanced wake up call to the world in general.

As far as negatives go: I’m used to much smoother shifters (in my BMW 135i and high school Honda Prelude Si) so I thought the old clunky shifter in the Emira would be it’s biggest drawback (which it is) but it keeps you involved and adds character and not as bad as I thought it would be. Also as expected the KEF stereo is crappy by today’s standards (we didn’t need a throwback on this), which is an annoyance.
Mostly sums up my first drive back yesterday, although I didn't turn on any music. What a great car...