USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Motodoc8

Reaction score
Eagle7, when you get your car (or at least after 1,000 break-in miles šŸ˜), it would be great to get together with others in the SeaTac area for a drive. The car is amazing, and it has been fun taking it out on some of the roads up on the peninsula. Iā€™ve already met some other great local Emira fans who noticed it sitting in the driveway. Will plan to be at Griots Caffeine and Gasoline in May.

Lotus Eric

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations! Part of me thinks I should have been me as their first deposit, but Iā€™m certain lotus knows nothing about that ordering, and itā€™s the luck of the draw at this point. GE has been pretty good keeping me up to date. Should be any day now. Car looks lovely on your driveway. Good luck with the break in! Did you do the dealer ppf, how does it look?
I couldnā€™t wait even another day for PPF, but will do it and lots of providers around here including the dealer. Planning to take the car tomorrow on 5 day trip around New England to look at colleges with my daughter even without PPF though. Iā€˜m gonna drive and enjoy it carefree, lifeā€™s too shortā€¦

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When will my 4/7 Newark car land in California? (Taking bets...) I have April 26th
My car landed in Baltimore in the beginning of February and the dealer didn't get it (in North Carolina!) until the middle of March. So don't be too optimistic on timing.

Last edited:

Lotus Eric

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congrats!It looks stunning! Enjoy it and let us know your review on it!
Ok, Iā€™ve had all of two hours driving it, but honestly, and Iā€™m a pretty critical guy, itā€™s like nothing else. The handling and road connection is just unmatched. Itā€™s fun at low speeds with gearing requiring quick shifts that keep you involved (very annoying you have to switch to Sport mode every time you start the car though.). Lotus has made a shot across the bow of Porsche saying drivers donā€™t want all your heavy electronic steering cars with too many unpurchased options leaving glaring empty spaces in my dash. And they donā€™t want to pay extra for simpler ā€œlimited editionā€ manual versions with more angular looks.

The Emira has an absolutely excellent design all around interior and exterior. And feature wise it is a welcome throwback to pre-nanny era cars. Just enough luxury features but not too many. I think itā€™s a balanced wake up call to the world in general.

As far as negatives go: Iā€™m used to much smoother shifters (in my BMW 135i and high school Honda Prelude Si) so I thought the old clunky shifter in the Emira would be itā€™s biggest drawback (which it is) but it keeps you involved and adds character and not as bad as I thought it would be. Also as expected the KEF stereo is crappy by todayā€™s standards (we didnā€™t need a throwback on this), which is an annoyance.

LA Kimball

Reaction score
Got some info last night - itā€™s Lotus so take with a grain of salt.

Largest shipment to date expected to leave the UK any day.
FEs are done as we know, base config should be coming in a few weeks.
Eletre pricing any day.
Thanks for sharing. I am a very late depositor (Feb 10, 2024) as part of the last allocations on the FE 2.0 manual. I was told by the dealer the build would be June/ July with a Oct/Nov delivery most likely. That conflicts with the info you received. Was your news on just the manual FEs or did it include the automatic FEs as well?

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ok, Iā€™ve had all of two hours driving it, but honestly, and Iā€™m a pretty critical guy, itā€™s like nothing else. The handling and road connection is just unmatched. Itā€™s fun at low speeds with gearing requiring quick shifts that keep you involved (very annoying you have to switch to Sport mode every time you start the car though.). Lotus has made a shot across the bow of Porsche saying drivers donā€™t want all your heavy electronic steering cars with too many unpurchased options leaving glaring empty spaces in my dash. And they donā€™t want to pay extra for simpler ā€œlimited editionā€ manual versions with more angular looks.

The Emira has an absolutely excellent design all around interior and exterior. And feature wise it is a welcome throwback to pre-nanny era cars. Just enough luxury features but not too many. I think itā€™s a balanced wake up call to the world in general.

As far as negatives go: Iā€™m used to much smoother shifters (in my BMW 135i and high school Honda Prelude Si) so I thought the old clunky shifter in the Emira would be itā€™s biggest drawback (which it is) but it keeps you involved and adds character and not as bad as I thought it would be. Also as expected the KEF stereo is crappy by todayā€™s standards (we didnā€™t need a throwback on this), which is an annoyance.
Mostly sums up my first drive back yesterday, although I didn't turn on any music. What a great car...

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I am a very late depositor (Feb 10, 2024) as part of the last allocations on the FE 2.0 manual. I was told by the dealer the build would be June/ July with a Oct/Nov delivery most likely. That conflicts with the info you received. Was your news on just the manual FEs or did it include the automatic FEs as well?
I canā€™t speak for your dealer but a thread on LotusTalk has a couple of early automatic depositors with confirmed builds. Iā€™m a mid auto depositor (Oct 22) so potentially less than a year awayā€¦ā€¦give or take a decade.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Glad you are enjoying your car. You shouldn't have to switch it into sport mode to start it. Touring is the normal setting. Plus they want you to keep it there for the break-in period. Sport is elective not obligatory. Odd.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Glad you are enjoying your car. You shouldn't have to switch it into sport mode to start it. Touring is the normal setting. Plus they want you to keep it there for the break-in period. Sport is elective not obligatory. Odd.
I think he means that it defaults back to "Tour" at every shutdown.... ;)

Rhinocerosity

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think he means that it defaults back to "Tour" at every shutdown.... ;)
I feel like that's pretty standard behavior though no? My M4 was the same way, GTR is the same way. Most sports cars I've driven default to a particular drive mode on start, regardless of what it was in when turned off.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I feel like that's pretty standard behavior though no? My M4 was the same way, GTR is the same way. Most sports cars I've driven default to a particular drive mode on start, regardless of what it was in when turned off.
It makes sense that manufacturers are going to want the engine to start in the safest mode, especially when it's cold, rather than an extreme performance mode which uses different timing and fuel delivery maps.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It makes sense that manufacturers are going to want the engine to start in the safest mode, especially when it's cold, rather than an extreme performance mode which uses different timing and fuel delivery maps.
It's also for emissions compliance. The default mode is the primary emissions test mode.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Really? Don't they know who you are? Respect
With all the trash talk I have done on here, I hope not. Lol

But seriously, my dealer has been really good. Not much updates but they have always contacted me when they had news. Ray at Summit NJ Lotus is a top notch sales guy. Definitely one of the better ones I have dealt with. I am not just saying this because I want him to deliver my car ASAP.

PrimalD

Reaction score
With all the trash talk I have done on here, I hope not. Lol

But seriously, my dealer has been really good. Not much updates but they have always contacted me when they had news. Ray at Summit NJ Lotus is a top notch sales guy. Definitely one of the better ones I have dealt with. I am not just saying this because I want him to deliver my car ASAP.
I deal with Ray also, so far he's been great! Hopefully picking my car up early next week. :)

I.am.Duke

Reaction score
Its there anyone on this forum who had a car land in Delaware and has received an update on delivery?