USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am thinking more like Norfolk, because the cars are loaded with anticipated unloading order. Unless they can get everyone to agree to unload in NY, they would have to shuffle cargo around to get the cars out from those that are continuing onto Norfolk. So I am betting all the Baltimore cars gets unloaded at Norfolk. Norfolk is also very close to Baltimore - in fact the ship literally pass by Norfolk on its way to Baltimore.
There are several secondary ports at Norfolk (collectively the "Port of Virginia") that could take the load as well. There's a significant RoRo terminal at Newport News that could possibly absorb very large auto cargo offload for multiple brands.

See:
1711567607180.png

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
One news agency today said that they thought it would be at least a month or more before the port is able to be opened up again.

4MIR3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So I would assume if they unloaded at Norfolk, they would have to be transported to Baltimore for PDI, then transported to dealer... Correct?

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Well, my car has been here since 12/29 and I still don’t have it or a date when I’ll get it.
This is my situation too I believe based on me researching my VIN. I am just being patient. After almost 3 years I can wait another 3 months, no problem.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So I would assume if they unloaded at Norfolk, they would have to be transported to Baltimore for PDI, then transported to dealer... Correct?
Not necessarily. The port inspection can happen anywhere, the port operating companies do this professionally for all the different manufacturers. Worst case scenario they may need a few folks to travel, but that's only if Lotus had some dedicated staff doing something quite unusual.

My guess is that Lotus will transport directly to dealers from wherever the cars end up being unloaded.

allenyao09

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Contacted my dealer again. The only information they have is the car is expected to arrive in July. No VIN or build date from them either..

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't think the bridge can fall down again.
Given unfortunate events and aftermath,
It looks like there will be a Bridge Edition ahead of the Base Edition.
Your wait time is approximately...........?

Still gonna send it...

Reaction score
Contacted my dealer again. The only information they have is the car is expected to arrive in July. No VIN or build date from them either..
From your previous posts, it looks like you submitted your order in Dec 23, which is the same as me. I was also give the same timeline for delivery, which seems to be a stock response from Lotus. No VIN yet for me either. If I don't here anything by the middle of next month, I'll check in with my dealer.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Anyone have the ability to see if CARB paperwork has been submitted for the V6 Auto yet? I’m still at the mercy of Lotus’ official communications and I know that this forum is usually months ahead of that.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Anyone have the ability to see if CARB paperwork has been submitted for the V6 Auto yet? I’m still at the mercy of Lotus’ official communications and I know that this forum is usually months ahead of that.
You’d see the EPA approval first — but not really possible to see when it was submitted.

DeXtreme

Reaction score
Ordered from Secor Auto (Connecticut), was sorta early in the V2 Queue.

Got a VIN and car is supposed to hit the US next week, delivery 2nd or 3rd week of April supposedly.

If that helps anyone estimate CARB states

Last edited:

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You’d see the EPA approval first — but not really possible to see when it was submitted.
I think they are the same for EPA. If you look at the history the Evora just had one certification (application, certification, and summary) for each year even though they made automatics as well. CARB I think takes some other criteria into account.

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Atlantic Sea just docked at Newark
Atlantic Sun set out from Liverpool yesterday. First stop Halifax.
🤞🙏🙏🙏
Are we thinking that the cars of everyone who received an "on the water" notification over the weekend arrived via the Atlantic Sea?

4MIR3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Are we thinking that the cars of everyone who received an "on the water" notification over the weekend arrived via the Atlantic Sea?
yes... its the ship that best aligned with the timeline to Baltimore (if it was still open).
Question is where they will unload... New York or Norfolk.