USA/Canada Delivery Thread

HOLY MOLY - @Nova you are a G-D

I was at my dealer yesterday morning and he said they haven’t got notice of any Emiras on the water in the last 2 weeks. I left the dealer and saw post from @AMKV28 that he just got notice his 2206 was on the water from the other dealer 45 mins away. Messaged my dealer, he said he’d ask the rep, gets back to me mine is on the water (assumed same ship). BINGO my 2224 WAS on the water HAHA. Well, I’m off on a trip tonight and back in 13 days - may have a beautiful surprise the week I’m back 😭.

*Insane I was literally updating my signature to “on the water” when I got the notice of your post - do I have to change it now? I’m convinced we’re living in a simulation lol.

Congratulations! These cars landing in Baltimore instead of doing a stopover in NJ helps in getting them to the dealers faster. Your two-week long trip should help with this last bit of wait.

Agree with @DF_Toronto on his comments about @Nova ! Thanks for the VIN list for this most recent shipment, and YESSSSS my VIN is there!. My dealer last week informed me that as of 5/7 my car was "on the water", so while I was taking it with a grain of salt, if true then two possibilities would have been the Atlantic Sail which left Liverpool on 5/5 and is now in Halifax, or this one, the Sun, but I couldn't find any info on where it came from. So this is great and timely news. Thanks again for keeping up with this @Nova and continuing to think about the "little people" even though you've already received your car and should be spending this time driving it!

My wife’s VIN was also on the Atlantic Sun. She just called me (as is her morning routine) and I gave her the good news. She’s super excited and said it’s going to make her long 12 hour day at a convention a whole lot more tolerable 🤣

Thanks @Nova

Agreed on Osmium. Had I not gotten HY, Osmium was my second choice. It's interesting, in my delivery tracker there is not a single Osmium Silver Emira reported yet. And when I look at the reservation tracker with over 230 entries, there was only one Osmium Silver. This is all primarily North American data, but Osmium may turn out to be a rare color...at least here.
My Osmium Silver Emira was on Atlantic Sun. I’ll share pics in 2-3 weeks when I get it! So excited. 😆

Can someone explain to me the significance of keeping the car in Tour mode during the break-in period versus Sport mode with a 6sp manual Emira? If this has to do with keeping RPM under 4000, that can easily be controlled with the manual.
None and that part was never in the UK manual. My dealer basically told me to ignore.

Curious, probably answered before but in my search I couldn't come up with it. Does anyone have a correct VIN decoder? If not, does anyone know the decode for the characters before and after the RH?

Curious, probably answered before but in my search I couldn't come up with it. Does anyone have a correct VIN decoder? If not, does anyone know the decode for the characters before and after the RH?

After the RH would be sequence number that starts over every new model year from what I've heard.

1715700852188.png

Thanks @kitkat! Because scanning the VINs in this most recent shipment, there are many differences in the "check digit" prior to the RH and for the character after the RH (in the 12th position) I see either A or B in everyones' VINs. So I was wondering about that.

Thanks @kitkat! Because scanning the VINs in this most recent shipment, there are many differences in the "check digit" prior to the RH and for the character after the RH (in the 12th position) I see either A or B in everyones' VINs. So I was wondering about that.
1715703423977.png

I don't remember where I got this from so I won't vouch that it is 100% correct, but this is the version I have.

Ahh, thanks @squish. That would explain all the As and Bs I was seeing (Sport vs Touring chassis). Happy to now confirm they got my selection correct!. :)

Same. So that means at least three of us at PP still waiting for our 3/29 to be trucked over to Bellevue. Hoping it isn’t too much longer now 🤗
RTM and Dr. JDK: I got "the call" (well, email). My car is on a truck. Probably weekend arrival. Probably next week for pickup after dealer prep. Hope you guys are on the same truck. Fingers crossed for you both! Eager to start logging those first 1000 miles!

RTM and Dr. JDK: I got "the call" (well, email). My car is on a truck. Probably weekend arrival. Probably next week for pickup after dealer prep. Hope you guys are on the same truck. Fingers crossed for you both! Eager to start logging those first 1000 miles!
Which dealer?

Yes! Got the email too - typical, as I am away for two weeks 😂 Happy that this long journey is finally coming to an end and friends/family will finally believe in my imaginary car!!

Hi folks,

I note that a few VINs have been posted in this thread.

We ask that you please do not post your VIN numbers to help protect against scammers. I have edited out the ones i've found so far (please message me if I've missed any!).

Thanks for your understanding!